ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU Missouri town calls on KU to drop Jayhawks mascot (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250246)

luv 09-19-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bane (Post 7925113)
**** OSCEOLA and everyone in it.

Well, there are only a couple of hundred people, so that shouldn't take too long.

luv 09-19-2011 03:53 PM

FYI, I was only kidding with my last two posts.

Talk about thread killers...lol.

duncan_idaho 09-19-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7925058)
Sounds like ezbait, Teevo and Duncan Idaho. LMAO

Hey, I capitalize the "k" when I think about what I'm doing. I just forget sometimes when I'm typing quickly and not really paying attention to how I say "Kansas." Old habits and all of that...

o:-)

Anyway, shouldn't you all be chopping people into pieces with broadswords or something?

Start Croyle 09-19-2011 05:44 PM

The origin of the mascot is common knowledge to everyone! Or at least I thought!

I mean, how can you live in Missouri or Kansas, especially close the border and not know about it!

I have been to Osceola. It is a very small town! But actually there are more towns than just that one that were involved in the border war/Jayhawk conflict!

Donger 09-19-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Start Croyle (Post 7925436)
The origin of the mascot is common knowledge to everyone! Or at least I thought!

I mean, how can you live in Missouri or Kansas, especially close the border and not know about it!

I have been to Osceola. It is a very small town! But actually there are more towns than just that one that were involved in the civil war/Jayhawk conflict!

:spock:!

kstater 09-19-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

I have been to Osceola. It is a very small town! But actually there are more towns than just that one that were involved in the border war/Jayhawk conflict!

The Jayhawk is a mythical cross between two birds—the noisy blue jay and the quiet sparrow hawk.

farmerchief 09-19-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

I'm a Jayhawk Fan, and the Jayhawk mascot is a lot better than the Pig they started out with!:clap:

Start Croyle 09-19-2011 06:01 PM

I am not saying I agree with the idea that the mascot should be changed. Actually I think it is a cool mascot! And I would be proud of the history in Lawrence if I lived there!

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-19-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7925082)
Didn't you know? All our ancestors lived in huge four pillar mansions, owned hundreds of slaves and worshipped the devil!

Your sarcasm might be more effective without that avatar...

LMAO

Bill Brasky 09-19-2011 07:47 PM

Well at least it's not another article about realignment....

Spott 09-19-2011 07:53 PM

They can do whatever they want with the mascot as long as Radio can keep his job for another 20 years.

Bambi 09-20-2011 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Start Croyle (Post 7925476)
I am not saying I agree with the idea that the mascot should be changed. Actually I think it is a cool mascot! And I would be proud of the history in Lawrence if I lived there!

Lawrence is a fantastic place to live, learn, and raise children.

Dr. Gigglepants 09-20-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 7924974)
The only thing I know about Osceola was to slow the hell down when I was passing it going to and from college because there were always cops and radar on highways. Oh, and the cheese store.

QFT