ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Batman Arkham City rocks (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251291)

SLAG 01-19-2012 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8310186)
I had someone pick it up for me for $28 on black Friday and after I beat it, I sold it for $45 on Amazon.

jeebus - I wish i could find it for $28 - I'd order it online right mew

ThaVirus 01-19-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG (Post 8310164)
Did you play The first one -

it was kinda like that...

I am waiting til I find it on sale.. hell maybe i'll see if I can snag a used copy cheap

Yeah, this one seems like exactly the same thing, just on a bigger scale. Which is cool, Asylum was a great game too. The fighting system is ****ing fantastic (possibly the best I've ever played along with God of War) and the story is great- Batman is tits! Only thing is it gets a bit repetitive trying to get through shit. You know with decoding the locks and spraying the explosive gel and all that. Just a bit monotonous.

Bump 01-20-2012 10:42 AM

I see what you are saying about repetitiveness. But this is easily one of my favorite games I have ever played. I've actually tried to get all of the achievements and it's a damn challenge, I'm not even close too. I hope that this dev company continues to produce such high quality games in the comic book genre. I would JIMP if they would do a ninja turtle game or something like that. But I'm sure they are currently working on the 3rd installment of Batman and I can't wait!

I do have to say, it's kinda lame charging to use robin or nightwing since it's just the challenge maps, but whatevs.

ThaVirus 01-20-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8313104)
I see what you are saying about repetitiveness. But this is easily one of my favorite games I have ever played. I've actually tried to get all of the achievements and it's a damn challenge, I'm not even close too. I hope that this dev company continues to produce such high quality games in the comic book genre. I would JIMP if they would do a ninja turtle game or something like that. But I'm sure they are currently working on the 3rd installment of Batman and I can't wait!

I do have to say, it's kinda lame charging to use robin or nightwing since it's just the challenge maps, but whatevs.

It's one of mine too. I rarely even dislike games, and this one's no different; I just needed to find at least one thing to bitch about.

I love how they've gotten rid of the campy Batman. He's real shit now in the games and movies. No more spandex underwear and stupid shit going on. Now he's got the advanced tech and more importantly I love how they highlight the fact that he's the world's greatest detective.

We could be onto something here with the direction these superheroes are taking. I'd love for them to make another Spiderman game that's on par with the Batmans.

Mr. Laz 01-20-2012 02:34 PM

Just finished it last night

overall the game was good but final fight wasn't good/hard enough imo

i wish they would give you some RPG type choices along the way.

never did figured out how to fight with Catwoman worth a dam

jiveturkey 02-07-2012 10:44 AM

I'm only about 10% of the way through and I'm loving it. I also liked the first one quite a bit.

Is it best to stay on top of the side missions early?

lcarus 02-07-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 8355691)
I'm only about 10% of the way through and I'm loving it. I also liked the first one quite a bit.

Is it best to stay on top of the side missions early?

Yeah, I tried to always do the available side missions before moving on to the main story stuff. I heard there are some side missions that aren't available after you complete the main story, but I'm not sure if that's even true or what side missions they were referring to. Just to be safe, go ahead and get them done. The main story is rather short in my opinion. You can save all the Riddler stuff for after you beat everything else though.

jiveturkey 09-18-2012 02:58 PM

The Joker is voiced by Luke Skywalker...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OUBfbW2-vfQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kaplin42 09-18-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 8925555)
The Joker is voiced by Luke Skywalker...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OUBfbW2-vfQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He's been the voice of the Joker forever. Remember the cartoon that ran in the 90's. That was him.

jiveturkey 09-18-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 8925612)
He's been the voice of the Joker forever. Remember the cartoon that ran in the 90's. That was him.

Blew my mind.