ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Seriously,if the Chiefs... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254961)

warpaint* 01-12-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8288074)
somehow someway land Peyton Manning I will be done as a fan until his tenure is over.I can't really explain it except to say my dislike for him and his family runs very deep and there is no way I could ever cheer for or back him.

Anyone else have similar feelings or would you be all for seeing him in a KC uniform?

Heck no.

But it's not personal. I actually like him. I just think he's washed up. And even if he weren't, how many seasons would I guy his age have left at a high level if healthy? One? Two tops? What is that worth? Nothing close to what the asking price is going to be

kysirsoze 01-12-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8288414)
Montana suffered from concussion.

Hmmm...

Not as bad as a let's say broken neck?

All reports are that his neck is fine. It's the nerve in his throwing arm that is the issue. If anything, his neck will be stronger than it's been in several years.

Chiefnj2 01-12-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 8288538)
All reports are that his neck is fine. It's the nerve in his throwing arm that is the issue. If anything, his neck will be stronger than it's been in several years.

Where do you think the nerve in his throwing arm originates?

kysirsoze 01-12-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8288540)

Can't tell if you're being serious, but it's two different issues. His arm rehab isn't dependent on his neck and vice versa.

bevischief 01-12-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 8288538)

I would hope so with 3 fused bones in his neck.

beach tribe 01-12-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8288240)
WHAT?!?!?

If somebody said that to me, my response would be "We won the Super Bowl. Piss off."

Seriously. The only thing that matters is the RING.

The fact that the donks won with ex-chiefs pisses me off more. It doesn't make me feel better.

morphius 01-12-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8288106)
If Manning came here and won a Super Bowl and then retired, I'm all for it.

It's all about the trophy.

Because ultimately the need to draft and develop our own QB is about winning the Super Bowl, not about drafting and developing our own QB.

Yup, I'm sure it would be hard to find a fan of the Saints that is pissed off because they didn't draft Brees.

As for the Mannings, I dislike them both, but if it gets me a SB to cheer for I'd be just as happy.

kysirsoze 01-12-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 8288549)
I would hope so with 3 fused bones in his neck.

Not saying there's no impact on him, but from anything I've read/seen his neck shouldn't effect his football playing. His arm, on the other hand....

1ChiefsDan 01-12-2012 12:21 PM

Can't stand him. However, if he could come in and be successful as a QB in KC, I could tolerate him.

I just had two spinal fusion surgeries on my neck in 2011. I don't think he is playing again. I am sure he had much better treatment and aftercare, but the spine isn't something to **** around with.

Mama Hip Rockets 01-12-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8288074)
somehow someway land Peyton Manning I will be done as a fan until his tenure is over.I can't really explain it except to say my dislike for him and his family runs very deep and there is no way I could ever cheer for or back him.

Anyone else have similar feelings or would you be all for seeing him in a KC uniform?

MATT CASSEL RULES!

Mama Hip Rockets 01-12-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 8288120)
TOUCHDOWN KANSAS CITY! The Gunslinging Giraffe draws first blood. /Holtus

ROFL

bevischief 01-12-2012 12:23 PM

http://www.spine-health.com/treatmen...omy-and-fusion

Mama Hip Rockets 01-12-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8288187)
Call bullshit all you want the last focking thing I ever have to want to hear from any other teams fans is,"finally got your Superbowl win but it took Peyton Manning to get it."

NO THANKS.

Who cares how they get it? You would rather have Cassel/Orton lead them to 7-9 wins?

BigMeatballDave 01-12-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8288187)
Call bullshit all you want the last focking thing I ever have to want to hear from any other teams fans is,"finally got your Superbowl win but it took Peyton Manning to get it."

NO THANKS.

Wow lol

bevischief 01-12-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8288540)

I have had a similar surgery my big toe joint and I will tell you that it limits your moment in that join and loss of nerve feeling. I am 3 yrs from that surgery.