ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Xbox 720 vs PlayStation 4: Whats in Store? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255148)

007 01-28-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8333953)
Yes I do. If you don't like the product, have issues with it or think its overpriced, don't buy it and complain. Simple as that. I won't be buying it, so you know my feeling about it.

In my defense, I haven't purchased it yet. So I can complain all I want. :evil:

Deberg_1990 01-29-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8334078)
In my defense, I haven't purchased it yet. So I can complain all I want. :evil:

heh, i personally think the thing is gonna flop. Its hard to justify deadicated gameing only handheld devices anymore.

TinyEvel 01-29-2012 01:26 AM

If you want to buy the 3G Vita, this one comes with a free 8G card and a PSN game.

Even if you don;t plan on using 3G now, I'd get one "just in case" you want that functionality after buying it. I know a lot of folk who bought non-3G iPads then sold them to buy the 3G one.

The 3G data plan on vita is month-to-month.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Pla...ced-39026.html

007 01-29-2012 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 8334212)
If you want to buy the 3G Vita, this one comes with a free 8G card and a PSN game.

Even if you don;t plan on using 3G now, I'd get one "just in case" you want that functionality after buying it. I know a lot of folk who bought non-3G iPads then sold them to buy the 3G one.

The 3G data plan on vita is month-to-month.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Pla...ced-39026.html

Have you used it yet Tiny?

HMc 01-29-2012 09:02 AM

Can't believe you guys are getting so bent over for internet. He were pay 59.95 (about $60USD) a month for unlimited ~17Mbps.

Bump 01-29-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8330415)
How the hell did you get banned from OS? They're usually pretty lenient. Oh well, don't air your dirty laundry here.

Have you played Fight Night Rocky 15...err, Champion?

bad mouth Madden once, even if it's a respectable post. I got banned for saying something like "I just don't like how Madden is the same garbage year in and year out and that's our only option"

BANNED

Operation Sports can suck my dick

aturnis 01-29-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8304413)
I really don't care about 3D. It's a gimmick that's already running out of steam.

I like the idea of a 360 with a built in DVR, though.

Actually, the videogame industry has the most to benefit from 3D. It's the most viable candidate for widespread adoption.

Epic Fail 007 01-29-2012 10:33 PM

Screw 3d,I hate it

TinyEvel 01-29-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8334249)
Have you used it yet Tiny?

Yeah, I've demo'd it Uncharted Golden Abyss and Little Deviants.

Pretty much in groups after talking about it for an hour, we bring a few out and the guys get their hands on it, the desire to have one goes WAY up. It's something you have to see and feel to appreciate. The size, the screen, the two sticks, the touch controls front and back

Here's a great five-minute rundown by one of the SCEA guys

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/tech...-hands-on.html

007 01-30-2012 12:00 AM

What did you think of little deviants. looks like it is really taylored to the kid crowd based on youtube videos.

007 01-30-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric007 (Post 8335747)
Screw 3d,I hate it

THIS X10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

htismaqe 01-30-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8334442)
bad mouth Madden once, even if it's a respectable post. I got banned for saying something like "I just don't like how Madden is the same garbage year in and year out and that's our only option"

BANNED

Operation Sports can suck my dick

Wow.

The Boxing forum is nothing but complaints about Fight Night, nobody gets banned.

ForeverChiefs58 03-29-2012 11:47 AM

Rumor: Next PlayStation coming in 2013

There have been plenty of leaks, whispers and rumors about the next Xbox for a few months now, but there hasn't been a lot of talk about Sony's plans for the next generation.

Kotaku, though, claims to have uncovered some inside information about the system that, on the surface, makes it sound like the next generation console race is going to be a tight one -- and begin next year.

Citing a single anonymous source, Kotaku says it believes the code name for the next PlayStation is "Orbis." And while the next console from Sony is widely expected to be called PlayStation 4 when it hits shelves, the site infers that Orbis might be the system's final name.

Whatever it's called, Kotaku says we can expect to see it released in the holiday period of 2013 -- the same timeframe most expect the next Xbox to arrive. If so, that would eliminate the one year head start Microsoft enjoyed with the Xbox 360, a year that gave it a lead over Sony that thus far has proven insurmountable.

Much like the rumored next Xbox system (codenamed Durango), the new Sony system will lock games to a PSN account, which could impact the used game market.

"If you then decide to trade that disc in, the pre-owned customer picking it up will be limited in what they can do," the site said. "While our sources were unclear on how exactly the pre-owned customer side of things would work, it's believed used games will be limited to a trial mode or some other form of content restriction, with consumers having to pay a fee to unlock/register the full game."

If true, that's likely to upset a notable segment of the gaming population, not to mention have a serious impact on retailers like GameStop who make a tidy profit on the used game market. And Sony could ruffle even more feathers if the system ditches backward compatibility with the PlayStation 3, as Kotaku says it will.

In terms of hard specs, Kotaku says the system will use either AMD's x64 CPU or perhaps AMD's Southern Islands GPU, the company's high-end chip. Graphics-wise, Orbis is said to be capable of resolutions up to 4096x2160, commonly called '4K' in TV manufacturer parlance (and one of the technological boosts shown off at this year's CES). It's also said to be able to play 3D games in full 1080p, a leap over the PS3's max 3D resolution of 720.

It's critical to note that these are unconfirmed reports based on a single source, so it's wise to be skeptical. Developers Yahoo! Games has spoken with are unable to confirm anything in Kotaku's report, and note they haven't been contacted yet by Sony to discuss the new system (though they say they have spoken with Microsoft).

Don't expect Sony to officially start talking about the PS4 or Orbis anytime soon, either. In January Sony's Kaz Hirai stated clearly that the company would not announce any new home systems at E3.

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged...200015017.html

007 03-29-2012 07:25 PM

I like Sony's rumored approach better than the Microsoft's.

Deberg_1990 03-29-2012 07:35 PM

:facepalm:

I dont get the software industry? Whats wrong with the resale market? Ford or Chevy dont care if you resell your cars. A builder doesnt care if you resell your house. Clothing makers dont care if you resell your clothes. Why should software be any different?