ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Broncos should be heavily favored...fan take (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260716)

Chiefspants 06-22-2012 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8694724)
That doesn't matter, though.

The facts:

1. We played an easy schedule last year.

2. Right now, barring an unforeseen rash of starting quarterback injuries to 1/3 of our schedule, we play a much tougher schedule.

Facts. Cannot be argued.

If you can sit here and tell me we'll play 1/3 of our schedule this year against complete shit QBs, I'll tell you we're winning 10 games.

Your second point is not a fact, it is an assumption. Your second point assumes that every team on the Chiefs schedule is going to live up to their performance over the previous year.

Remember last year? Everyone, including you and I, were saying OH NOES, THE CHIEFS HAVE THE TOUFEST SCHEDULE IN THE NFL, AAAAHHH!!! And now, using your words, apparently the Chiefs played an "easy" schedule.

Assumptions. Can be argued.

Hammock Parties 06-22-2012 10:35 AM

It is not an assumption.

Games against good teams with good quarterbacks are always difficult for our team led by Matt Cassel.

boogblaster 06-22-2012 10:47 AM

our leak-link should be a little better . with our running game improved the Oline better and hopefully romeo has the D clicking .. we should contend .....

vailpass 06-22-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 8694139)
I'm serious... name a team that, minus the QB, has better personnel on offense.

..and, yes, I am aware that QB is the most important position on the team; I still want to know if another team has better offensive personnel than the Chiefs.

Easy there big shooter....

DBOSHO 06-22-2012 11:27 AM

We wouldnt even need an elite quarterback to win a superbowl with this team.

If we had a jay cutler/ matt ryan/ matt shaub type we could win championships.

vailpass 06-22-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 8695279)

Definitely, minus the QB KC's roster reminds me alot of the 1995 49ers or the 2003 Patriots.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-22-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8693680)
Interesting.

The QB who was near the top of almost every statistical category was a liability, but not San Diego's 22nd ranked defense or 16th ranked running game.

Pretty numbers and he did help carry that team, but some costly turnovers at very bad times stand out in people's minds.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-22-2012 12:18 PM

:facepalm: Not this "tough schedule" bullshit again. Every year there is normally 5 or 6 new playoff teams from the year before. JFC this shit gets old.

Hammock Parties 06-22-2012 01:42 PM

It's not bullshit.

We are the ****ing Kansas City Chiefs.

Any game against a team with a good QB is a tough game for us.

This schedule is definitely difficult, barring a gift of injuries from the football gods.

whoman69 06-22-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8695170)
It is not an assumption.

Games against good teams with good quarterbacks are always difficult for our team led by Matt Cassel.

No, games with teams who have good defenses are always difficult for gentle matt.

Hammock Parties 06-22-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8695528)
No, games with teams who have good defenses are always difficult for gentle matt.

That too.

ThaVirus 06-22-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8695534)
That too.

So you're saying Matt Cassel is the problem!?

whoman69 06-22-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8695551)
So you're saying Matt Cassel is the problem!?

Uhm, yah.

Ace Gunner 06-22-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 8695279)

ya, I think those are pretty good QB's also. The other problem with the passing offense is at #1 WR also -- I know many Chiefs fans won't except the fact that Bowe has been as much a part of the problem as anyone, he had two impressive games during his five years in the NFL -- the Seattle game where he was getting wide open all game and then the Tennessee game at the end of that season, 2010. That's a problem for this team too. The OL has been horrible since 2007, but has improved a bit.

Really, all this offense has been since LJ douchbagger got canned is Jamaal Charles. Charles pitched left, Charles up the middle, Charles pitched right. Charles, Charles, Charles. Hell, he had 97 of the team's 161 total offense yards during the playoff game. The one where Dwayne Bowe had zero stats. Nothing. In a playoff game. That is bad for a 4th year #1 wideout. Unacceptable imo.

ChiefsCountry 06-22-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfootballfan (Post 8695836)
The one where Dwayne Bowe had zero stats. Nothing. In a playoff game. That is bad for a 4th year #1 wideout. Unacceptable imo.

You mean the game where dipshit Cassel didn't even try once to throw to Bowe, even when Bowe was wide open. But yeah keep blaming Bowe for that like the little douche you are.