ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music I banned Taylor Swift today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262434)

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 8821148)
That wasn't what I was saying at all. I am not sure how you got that from what I posted.

I was only commenting on a part of your post. Agreeing overall. My bad. Carrie was singing crap long before she got married.

Faith and Tim both lost their edge once they got married. Case in point... Tim is trying to resurect his career on Kenny Chesneys back now on their summer tour... and it's working so far. Faith is somewhere out there...

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 8821156)
:clap: To the OP.

Come to the Bash, I'll buy you a couple of beers!

I doubt I'll make it... but if I do you're on.

Buehler445 08-15-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick (Post 8820657)
I would buy that if she didn't write her own stuff. But she does, and earned $35 million last year (tops in the US) on the back of those songs she wrote.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8820668)
Your right other than marketing herself writing all of her own songs, songs for others an choreographing all of her shows she has no talent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8820725)
She is talented, she can write her own songs (supposedly).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8820735)
She does write her own songs and her own guitar parts and plays guitar. She has talent. I'm not denying that. Too bad she alienates a high percentage of fans in the genre she claims as her own.

All of which she does poorly. Maybe the choreographing and guitar has an argument, but writing and singing is off the table, boys. Have you listened to her songs?

I bet there are 100 people in the state of Kansas that are better singer/songwriter/guitarists in the country genre than she is. And Kansas has shit for musical talent.

She caught a break, marketed herself very well and wipes her ass with more money than I will make this year. But a talented musician she is not.

Reerun_KC 08-15-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 8821189)
All of which she does poorly. Maybe the choreographing and guitar has an argument, but writing and singing is off the table, boys. Have you listened to her songs?

I bet there are 100 people in the state of Kansas that are better singer/songwriter/guitarists in the country genre than she is. And Kansas has shit for musical talent.

She caught a break, marketed herself very well and wipes her ass with more money than I will make this year. But a talented musician she is not.

Hater

Brock 08-15-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

I've listened to her songs, they're typical country songs. Most country artists can't even do that by themselves.

Buehler445 08-15-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8821224)
Hater

Realist dude. Her "music" grates my nerves. Can't ****ing stand it.

Anyway, sorry I missed your call. I'll give you a shout tomorrow.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

I pretty much agree with all of this. I'd still hate **** her though.

Reerun_KC 08-15-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 8821245)
Realist dude. Her "music" grates my nerves. Can't ****ing stand it.

Anyway, sorry I missed your call. I'll give you a shout tomorrow.

Just yanking your chain. I agree. Wife loves it. I can't change it.fast enough.

Buehler445 08-15-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8821243)
I've listened to her songs, they're typical country songs. Most country artists can't even do that by themselves.

No. They're pointless runon sentences. Not meaningful music. She's not the only shit ass country musician. I'm not arguing that. But her songs are ass.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8821243)

Gonna disagree here. Most country artists can actually be who they are without a million studio tricks. Really. Taylor can't.

Reerun_KC 08-15-2012 09:54 PM

Girl has bank though. http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...-to-boyfriend/

Buehler445 08-15-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8821271)

Not arguing that either. Like I said, she probably wipes her ass with more than I'll make this year.

Brock 08-15-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8821267)
Gonna disagree here. Most country artists can actually be who they are without a million studio tricks. Really. Taylor can't.

Most of them have somebody like FAX write their songs for them, and then tell him they won't record it without stealing a songwriting credit. I don't really care about this one way or the other, but even if every song she writes is a breakup song with high-schoolish lyrics, I'm more impressed by that than I am by a good singer who's singing somebody else's words. If she's still doing that kind of songwriting a few years from now and doesn't grow beyond it, then I'd agree with what you're saying.

ChiefsCountry 08-15-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8821267)

She is pretty damn good live.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 8821265)
No. They're pointless runon sentences. Not meaningful music. She's not the only shit ass country musician. I'm not arguing that. But her songs are ass.

She didn't start by being the crap she is now. You may not like her early stuff but "Teardrops On My Guitar," "Our Song," "Tim Mcgraw" weren't shit for her being the age she was then. "Back To December" is a pretty well written song in her more recent past.

I'm not defending her... just trying to be fair.