ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Interested on your thoughts on the Chargers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264533)

Buck 08-15-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9889153)
Rivers is a good QB.

His team has been gutted out from underneath him, and that supposed "window" the Chargers had is no longer there. That ship sailed long ago, AJ Smith took a page out of Pioli's book and ruined that franchise.

That front office has done a shit job trying to rebuild without going total rebuild. Gates is still good but he's getting another year older. His WR's have either been traded away. let walk in FA, or has gotten injured. That place has been a revolving door for WR's.

And their defense sucks. Weddle is an overrated POS. No more Jammer or Cro. No more Shaun Phillips. The list goes on and Rivers has been the only staple point. He's good, but not good enough like a Manning or Brady where he can keep that machine rolling by himself.

I can't wait. We're gonna tear his asshole wide open prison style.

I think our offense sucks, and I think we have a pretty decent defense. Our D-Line is pretty stacked.

Mav 08-15-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9889180)
I think our offense sucks, and I think we have a pretty decent defense. Our D-Line is pretty stacked.

No happy that you guys got freeney.....that was a great pick up.

Mav 08-15-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9889164)
There for a while AJ Smith was a GOD in Chargerland. If he had kept Brees for a year or two I think the Chargers would have won a Super Bowl. That team was ready to win now and Rivers wasn't very good his first two years starting.

His ego got the best of him. he never wanted to pay anyone. he let all the talent leave, didn't replace it, and now they are a joke......

ClevelandBronco 08-15-2013 10:50 PM

I think y'all screwed the pooch when you got rid of Marty. I love Marty.

I have to admit that I haven't thought of the Chargers much at all since then, and when I have it hasn't been keeping me up at night.

Titty Meat 08-15-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 9889190)

I have to admit that I haven't thought of the Chargers much at all since then, and when I have it hasn't been keeping me up at night.

Yeah rivers over brees great call

Psyko Tek 08-15-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9889164)
There for a while AJ Smith was a GOD in Chargerland. If he had kept Brees for a year or two I think the Chargers would have won a Super Bowl. That team was ready to win now and Rivers wasn't very good his first two years starting.

the troll maybe right

Brees could have had the bolts in the ship

but, things that did not happen never will

AJ may be worse than carl and Pioli combined

Buck 08-15-2013 10:54 PM

To be honest, I think the year we had Marty was our best chance.

We should have beat the Patriots in the 2nd round, but Marlon McCree fumbled a 4th down interception back to the Pats. Worst ****ing play ever.

Norv got us to the Championship game, but Rivers was playing that game on a torn ACL.

Quesadilla Joe 08-15-2013 10:58 PM

The Chargers were absolutely loaded from 2005-2008. Probably one of the best teams to never make it to the Super Bowl.

KCrockaholic 08-15-2013 11:04 PM

That first play when Liuget totally owned the guard was impressive. He and Kendall Reyes are beasts.

But I don't like that SD team this year. Those corners will be roasted.

Sorter 08-15-2013 11:13 PM

Rivers velocity has had a significant drop off the past 2 years.

KCrockaholic 08-15-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9889249)
Rivers velocity has had a significant drop off the past 2 years.

I was starting to wonder if Chad Pennington made a comeback.

Sorter 08-15-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9889252)
I was starting to wonder if Chad Pennington made a comeback.

It'd be sad to watch if it wasn't Phylis.

Sorter 08-15-2013 11:18 PM

There was one throw today that was particularly cringe worthy.

GoChargers 08-16-2013 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 9889190)

We were never, ever winning a Super Bowl with Marty. His track record of playoff ineptitude was just too deeply ingrained. The real mistake was replacing Marty with an incompetent loser like Norv Turner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9889197)
Yeah rivers over brees great call

Brees wasn't the Brees that we know today in San Diego. Furthermore, people love to leave out the fact that when he left the Chargers, there were serious doubts that he would ever play again. After all, he had just torn his labrum in a meaningless game because of Marty's stubborn refusal to play Rivers. There's a reason only two other teams even considered Brees in free agency. Plus Rivers turned out to be an elite quarterback until recently.

There are plenty of good reasons why the Chargers suck now, but firing Marty and choosing Rivers over an injured Brees are not one of them.

GoChargers 08-16-2013 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9889201)
We should have beat the Patriots in the 2nd round, but Marlon McCree fumbled a 4th down interception back to the Pats. Worst ****ing play ever.

I still think Marty throwing the challenge flag on that obvious fumble was worse than the fumble itself. We could have still had a chance to win on the last drive if not for Marty throwing away his last timeout on that idiotic challenge.