ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Lost my job today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266336)

Frazod 01-24-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9348913)
I don't think anybody would enjoy firing someone that didn't truly deserve it unless they were an asshole.

Unfortunately, a lot of assholes are in that job.

BlackHelicopters 01-24-2013 08:04 PM

Sorry dude. Prayers.

tecumseh 01-24-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9097275)
Somebody gets re-elected and you lose your job. This country is in good hands. IT'S A JOKE! **** OFF!

Sorry man. Do you know if you have options at this point?

somebody gets re-elected and you quickly find a new job. This country is in good hands. and setsuna is a hand job.

EagleRob 01-24-2013 08:08 PM

Thanks all, I won't enjoy it and will remember that this is not about me - its about him. Great tips that I will keep in mind tomorrow.

Strongside 01-24-2013 08:09 PM

Didn't originally realize that this was an old thread that had been updated with a happy ending. Congrats, buddy!

Sorter 01-24-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9348914)
Unfortunately, a lot of assholes are in that job.

That is always disheartening to hear.

Personally, I'd never take joy in removing a man/woman from their means of income without good reason.

Pants 01-24-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 9348484)
Well this story has a happy ending, I start my new job tomorrow. Being on unemployment for 3 months is not fun. I missed having a routine. November and December were especially rough because most places weren't hiring until after the holidays. So glad I had money put away to tide me over until my unemployment got approved. It got pretty deflating at times. At one point I got rejected from three straight places I interviewed for, not to mention all the places wanting me to start at $11/hr. There were so many times I bombed on my interview because I was so stressed out about finding work I couldn't sleep the night before. Anyway I'm ready to start my new job.

Congrats, dude. Here's to the new job working out for you.

1ChiefsDan 01-24-2013 10:21 PM

Congrats! My unemployment is just over 9 months. But at least things are starting to look up. Have had several interviews this week with a couple second/third interviews scheduled for next week.

Stad 01-24-2013 10:47 PM

I got laid off couple weeks ago as well. Just waiting for my E.I to come now.

Congrats on the new job btw!

PunkinDrublic 01-24-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9348721)
So how do you get a job after getting canned? I don't see how on earth that works unless you lie. Do you not just put them down on the resume? Say you quit?

If I got fired I'd just be really mysterious and evasive. If they asked me my work experience I'd just say that I have a very unique set of skills that makes me a night mare for ppl like you.

What I did was call my old companies HR department and ask how they give references. I was told they don't go into details, they just verify dates of employment. I also gave references of managers and co workers that I had a good working relationship with. But yeah you pretty much have to lie and pray that they don't investigate too much. I tell companies I got laid off.

silver5liter 01-24-2013 11:29 PM

Good deal. I just graduated from Missouri Western last month and am looking for a full time position. Luckily for me though i am freelancing for a company now, so that keeps a steady pay check coming until i find on

PunkinDrublic 01-24-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9349515)
Good deal. I just graduated from Missouri Western last month and am looking for a full time position. Luckily for me though i am freelancing for a company now, so that keeps a steady pay check coming until i find on

Don't do like I did and take the first job offered to you from your schools job fair like I did. I worked for a mortgage company right in the middle of the housing crises. Five years of doing collections and processing loan modifications while good for a steady paycheck and benefits was a living hell at times.

silver5liter 01-25-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 9349542)
Don't do like I did and take the first job offered to you from your schools job fair like I did. I worked for a mortgage company right in the middle of the housing crises. Five years of doing collections and processing loan modifications while good for a steady paycheck and benefits was a living hell at times.

I dont plan on it, even though its hard to tell people you got offered a job and turned it down with out having one. I have an interview tomorrow but have no idea what the pay grade is. Guess I will see tomorrow.

Strongside 01-25-2013 08:26 AM

Punkin's first day didn't go so well...

NSFW for language.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bkgX4V2CwD4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saul Good 01-25-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9349515)

What field?

If anyone in IT is looking for work, PM me. (Overland Park, KS)