ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Vick to KC? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268510)

htismaqe 01-04-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9283587)
I usually know its him when I see 136000 posts and red rep

ROFL

Gonzo 01-04-2013 10:33 PM

I'd think Reid would want a fresh start, bringing in new personnel, a new QB and tweaking his roster with fresh, young players. I don't think he'll want his old, has-been QB to come in and be a huge distraction.
Vick's about done anyway. His legs can't save him like they used to.
Reid's not above dumping older QB's for fresh talent anyway. See McNabb.

Pin Head 01-04-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9283404)
Vick will be 33 when the season starts. Aging running QB who can't stay healthy? No thanks

Vick is overrated. All that running around and all those wild throws? Even when Vick was in his prime, at the end of the game you woud be looking at 150 passing yards, 80 rushing yards, 2 TD's, a fumble and two interceptions.

JohnnyV13 01-04-2013 10:38 PM

Vick did realize his potential i 2010, but he's been too banged up since to really perform. Its sad that he didn't get his act together until just before his talent dried up. He might come to KC as a placeholder for a young QB---sort of like Warner in NY before Eli took over.

Of course, Warner had a nice last hurrah in AZ.

luv 01-04-2013 10:42 PM

Hell no.

Oh Snap 01-04-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9283199)
Going to have to have some experienced quarterback. Would you rather they keep Casshole or Quinn?

Jesus Christ! This all day errr day over Cassle and Quinn. Face it, Vick is head and shoulders above either one of those guys. The only issue I see with Vick is his durability. This past season Vick just couldn't stay healthy, and that cost the Eagles big time..

Some would call that a liability (to bring him in here)...But lets be honest. Compared to the current retreads we already have on roster, I think its well worth the risk. I personally don't want to see Cassel ever again on this team. HOWEVER, if he had to stay on the team, I wouldn't mind seeing him as a third string back up. Restructure Cassels contract and relegate him to third string. Thats about on par for his talent level imo.

1. Get Vick on the cheap for a couple years.
2. Draft Geno Smith.
3. ???????
4. Geno Smith learns the West Coast offense behind Vick for a year or two.
5. Profit.

I don't see any problem with that scenario.

cosmo20002 01-04-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9283426)
Just traded for Vick in my Madden 2004 franchise and he is tearing it up! Maybe we should get Vick after all???

"QB Eagles" was awesome in Tecmo Bowl. Is he still around?

MahiMike 01-04-2013 10:52 PM

Personally I don't care which FA QB he brings in as long as he drafts a QB to sit behind them. Vick would be exciting to watch while the kid gets ready.

MahiMike 01-04-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oh Snap (Post 9283667)
Jesus Christ! This all day errr day over Cassle and Quinn. Face it, Vick is head and shoulders above either one of those guys. The only issue I see with Vick is his durability. This past season Vick just couldn't stay healthy, and that cost the Eagles big time..

Some would call that a liability (to bring him in here)...But lets be honest. Compared to the current retreads we already have on roster, I think its well worth the risk. I personally don't want to see Cassel ever again on this team. HOWEVER, if he had to stay on the team, I wouldn't mind seeing him as a third string back up. Restructure Cassels contract and relegate him to third string. Thats about on par for his talent level imo.

1. Get Vick on the cheap for a couple years.
2. Draft Geno Smith.
3. ???????
4. Geno Smith learns the West Coast offense behind Vick for a year or two.
5. Profit.

I don't see any problem with that scenario.

This. I said the same with Alex Smith. Get both. Train the kid.

Oh Snap 01-04-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 9283611)
I'd think Reid would want a fresh start, bringing in new personnel, a new QB and tweaking his roster with fresh, young players. I don't think he'll want his old, has-been QB to come in and be a huge distraction.
Vick's about done anyway. His legs can't save him like they used to.
Reid's not above dumping older QB's for fresh talent anyway. See McNabb.

I don't disagree. The only thing I would counter to that would be that Vick knows Reids Offensive system. This being a new team and all means that Vick could prove to be invaluable in terms of getting his offensive system installed in a more flawless manner. (less of a learning curve for the QB for instance) Obviously Vick would not be a long-term piece at QB for us. But he could be a great transitional piece that actually helps this team convert to a new offensive philosophy.

I_AM_Chief 01-04-2013 10:54 PM

Vick>>>>>>>>>>>>Geno

Oh Snap 01-04-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9283720)
This. I said the same with Alex Smith. Get both. Train the kid.

I don't have an issue with Alex Smith like a lot of people seem to have here. He has been in this league for several years now, and has invaluable NFL experience at QB. We won't win the Superbowl with Alex at the helm, but again, it comes down to transition. Draft Geno and let him sit for a year or two behind a proven NFL starter.

milkman 01-04-2013 10:57 PM

Michael Vick?
Hell no!

Alex Smith?
Hell no!

What the **** is wrong with you dumbasses?

KChiefsQT 01-04-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9283746)
Michael Vick?
Hell no!

Alex Smith?
Hell no!

What the **** is wrong with you dumbasses?

Who would your choice be?

In58men 01-04-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefsQT (Post 9283418)
Congrats! I'm expecting my first child with the love of my life! :) Baby boy due next month. Little Chiefs fan in the making!

Congrats to you too.

This place gets pretty crazy during the season. I figured that out quick, hope to see you around here more often.