ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Reid Draft Record is Nothing to Get Excited About (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268512)

DaneMcCloud 01-05-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 9283678)
Completely wrong. First rounders give you cornerstones. Look at the Patriots, Giants, and other teams who have picked at the bottom half of the draft for the past decade. They are all much more impressive than the Eagles.

Bullshit

aturnis 01-05-2013 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 9283859)
Again as I stated in my original post. He has managed to draft some starting caliber players with his 1st rounders, but they are far from an impressive group. There are no stud players outside of McNabb in the group. You compare that to most of the other NFL teams and it is below average.

I REALLY REALLY think you need to rethink your definition of AVERAGE.

BradBigglestein 01-05-2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9284064)
most Chiefs fans, that have been around a while, have a pr-condidtioned thing
in their brains that make them extremely pessimistic. It's easy to look for all of his faults and expect that to happen to us, since you know, we've been burned in the past. A lot.

It's a good hire. But having followed the guy for 14 years, I'm trying to give the lowdown to Chiefs fans as for what to expect. Both positively and negatively. So you aren't blindsided when the flaws become apparent. Now how excited you get about the move us up to the fans. I think you should be excited. He's a good coach and a proven winner.

RINGLEADER 01-05-2013 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9283571)
14 years, 2 busts.

That's a pretty BIG deal.

Yeah, I don't get the point of this thread at all. Especially when you stack it up against the Chiefs over the past four years...

gta0012 01-05-2013 01:21 AM

Ried drafts best player available for the most part. He does not get into hype or listen all to well to what the media says. That is why he has built a solid team. However, I do feel he occasionally misses on higher risk/reward players. But he will Draft way better than anything we've had recently.

DaneMcCloud 01-05-2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9283868)
Hugh Janus, change ur name to Hugh's Anus ROFL

Shut the **** up, n00b

DaneMcCloud 01-05-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradBigglestein (Post 9284139)
It's a good hire. But having followed the guy for 14 years, I'm trying to give the lowdown to Chiefs fans as for what to expect. Both positively and negatively. So you aren't blindsided when the flaws become apparent. Now how excited you get about the move us up to the fans. I think you should be excited. He's a good coach and a proven winner.

No coach is perfect or without flaws, including the all-time greats.

This is the best Chiefs hire since 1989. Hopefully, he'll have success that Marty never found.

Now is not the time to criticizes the hire.

BossChief 01-05-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradBigglestein (Post 9284139)

Do you have a way of linking me to when the news guy was asking Reid about KCs quarterback position and he said "we have the first pick"?

NJChiefsFan 01-05-2013 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9284158)
Do you have a way of linking me to when the news guy was asking Reid about KCs quarterback position and he said "we have the first pick"?

I asked him that the other day. He said he didn't have it or couldn't.

Ace Gunner 01-05-2013 05:50 AM

My understanding on Reid at Philly is that he did not have much to do with FO and likes it this way. All NFL coaches have some input on FA/draftees because of the type of systems they run, but few actually have influence or "say".

CoMoChief 01-05-2013 06:00 AM

JFC people.

Are people really bitching over a coach that has more playoff wins in the last 14yrs, than this franchise does in it's entire history?

This may be the best hire we've had since Marty and people are going to bitch about his drafts? Let's talk about our drafts for a second. Let's talk about the 2009 draft or the 2011 draft or the 06 or 07 or any draft under Dick Vermeil.

This is a major improvement people....chill the **** out.

AussieChiefsFan 01-05-2013 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9284323)
JFC people.

Are people really bitching over a coach that has more playoff wins in the last 14yrs, than this franchise does in it's entire history?

This may be the best hire we've had since Marty and people are going to bitch about his drafts? Let's talk about our drafts for a second. Let's talk about the 2009 draft or the 2011 draft or the 06 or 07 or any draft under Dick Vermeil.

:clap:

Ace Gunner 01-05-2013 06:07 AM

Quote:

JFC people.

http://www.scribbleoneverything.com/...artoon/bam.gif

TimeForWasp 01-05-2013 06:17 AM

SaveOurChiefsYetAgain.com

mlyonsd 01-05-2013 07:01 AM

Quote:

JFC people.

Most excellent point.