ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs Make Coaching Moves Official (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268775)

chiefzilla1501 01-12-2013 09:10 AM

[QUOTE=Warpaint69;9307046]
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9306973)
Yes, in most of those cases, that's just because they haven't named a successor.

I was wrong about Chung. He'll likely be an assistant oline coach.

Haven't been able to lock down 100% that Gibbs and Emmitt are staying. SOC has great sources so I trust them, but just can't get that confirmed.

Warhop's resume is impressive. Cleveland has had a really good o-line although they have some great pieces.

Childress is definitely coming as Pederson mentioned today.

Sutton is the real wild card. My friend that works for a major newspaper as the Jets beat says he's a great coach that will bring a lot. I look at the 49ers with Fangio (who with the Colts couldn't stop a midget team) and that gives me hope.

Bob Sutton to Become New Defensive Coordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs? By John B on Jan 11, 11:18a 27 Howard Smith-US PRESSWIRE Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

The longest tenured Jets coach might be on his way out the door according to Manish Mehta. Following up from this morning: I was told Jets assistant Bob Sutton interviewed with Chiefs for DC job yesterday. Hearing he'll be hired

Goodness gracious, what an awful decision that would be for the Chiefs. You probably remember Sutton's run as Jets defensive coordinator under Eric Mangini from 2006 to 2008. The Jets never had a defense ranked higher than 16th. The scheme was unimaginative. Sutton didn't blitz much, and when he did, it was terribly designed. This all led to a demotion when Rex Ryan came aboard.

As you all know, playing with largely the same personnel and without the best player Sutton had, Kris Jenkins, for most of the year the Jets had the number one defense in the league the year after Sutton left the defensive coordinator post. With all of the good coaches the Jets have on defense, Andy Reid is going to hire the one bad coach. Lets hope he has learned from his mistakes as DC and has been paying attention since!

The unimaginative scheme you're talking about is probably Mangini's 2-gap.

It sounds to me that he wants to run an attacking defense, which means it's probably going to resemble Rex Ryan's defense much more than Mangini's. If that's the case, I'll give Sutton the benefit of the doubt. But yeah... as of right now, I feel a little meh.

Love the Pederson hire. I really don't understand people who knock on him for not having play calling experience. Many OCs walk in with that on their resume.

fathead 01-12-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9307031)
Heh. Curve.

Whats ur name where do u tattoo

CaliforniaChief 01-12-2013 11:09 AM

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Browns HC Rob Chudzinski targeting SD's John Pagano as his defensive coordinator. KC also did, but Chargers wouldn't let him out of deal yet.

FYI

Pasta Little Brioni 01-12-2013 11:12 AM

Interdasting

Rasputin 01-12-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fathead (Post 9307750)
Whats ur name where do u tattoo

My name is KC. I don't tattoo, but have a :arrow: tattoo on my arm. So I came up with KC Tattoo for my user name.

Was happy when I got it and still am. Not that anyone currs but I got a cool story brah to tell. I got it in Cabo San Lucas on a company paid trip I won (worked my ass of for it) The tattoo artist was Dizzle from the Miami Ink show, he was working at the time in Cabo at Heart and Huntington Tattoo.

Well I think it's a cool ****ing story.

okcchief 01-12-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9306772)
I'll give Sutton the benefit of the doubt. Reid hasn't had much luck with defensive coordinators since Jim Johnson's passing, so he due for a little luck.

But Pederson? Come the **** on. How many THOUSANDS of times have I read on this forum that "The offensive coordinator and QB coach SHOULD BE FORMER PLAYERS!!!111111".

Yet when the Chiefs hire someone that fits that description, the morons bitch about.

JFC. I'm convinced half this forum was born with lady parts.

Nail on ****ing head.

Bunch of whinny ****s around here.

The Bad Guy 01-12-2013 11:27 AM

I don't get why Reid wouldn't wait to see what happened with Pagano and Horton. He was very interested in both.

CosmicPal 01-12-2013 11:40 AM

Found this on Bob Sutton:

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2013/...he-kansas-city

Quote:

The longest tenured Jets coach might be on his way out the door according to Manish Mehta.

Following up from this morning: I was told Jets assistant Bob Sutton interviewed with Chiefs for DC job yesterday. Hearing he'll be hired

Goodness gracious, what an awful decision that would be for the Chiefs. You probably remember Sutton's run as Jets defensive coordinator under Eric Mangini from 2006 to 2008. The Jets never had a defense ranked higher than 16th. The scheme was unimaginative. Sutton didn't blitz much, and when he did, it was terribly designed. This all led to a demotion when Rex Ryan came aboard. As you all know, playing with largely the same personnel and without the best player Sutton had, Kris Jenkins, for most of the year the Jets had the number one defense in the league the year after Sutton left the defensive coordinator post.

With all of the good coaches the Jets have on defense, Andy Reid is going to hire the one bad coach.

chiefzilla1501 01-12-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal (Post 9307929)

See my post above.

We don't really know what we have here. I don't think people should look at his 2005-2008 stint as a defensive coordinator. I feel pretty confident he will run a totally different defense.

mcaj22 01-12-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9307936)
See my post above.

We don't really know what we have here. I don't think people should look at his 2005-2008 stint as a defensive coordinator. I feel pretty confident he will run a totally different defense.

i dont understand why you wouldnt look at that sample and base your opinions and projections on it

how can you ignore it? It gives you the type of coach/play calling we might have on defense, and it is more of that bend but not break defense.

They are saying that team had a lot of talent when he was d-coordinator and soon as he stepped down it jumped right to #1. That is not something you can just give a free pass to and ignore. It's not pick and chose statistics and analysis.

The odds of him changing and doing something different after doing the same style for 20 years is like what.... 5 percent?

SAUTO 01-12-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9308046)
i dont understand why you wouldnt look at that sample and base your opinions and projections on it

how can you ignore it? It gives you the type of coach/play calling we might have on defense, and it is more of that bend but not break defense.

They are saying that team had a lot of talent when he was d-coordinator and soon as he stepped down it jumped right to #1. That is not something you can just give a free pass to and ignore. It's not pick and chose statistics and analysis.

The odds of him changing and doing something different after doing the same style for 20 years is like what.... 5 percent?

I'm not sure but I think Ryan brought in several players with him.

Bart Scott, can't remember the safety's name but he was pretty good and from Baltimore too. Leonard maybe.

Good players and they made a huge impact on that d.

saying it was the same roster isn't really true.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 01-12-2013 12:38 PM

Oh and he want the same style for 20 years. He was there through 4 head coaches who all had different defensive philosophies
Posted via Mobile Device

mcaj22 01-12-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9308057)
I'm not sure but I think Ryan brought in several players with him.

Bart Scott, can't remember the safety's name but he was pretty good and from Baltimore too. Leonard maybe.

Good players and they made a huge impact on that d.

saying it was the same roster isn't really true.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bart Scott and Jim Leonard arent impact players that shoot a defense to #1.

Contributors yes, but it's not like Sutton didn't have the same roster Rex had from 2008 to 2009. Still have Revis, Kerry Rhodes, Kris Jenkins, Calvin Pace, Bryan Thomas, David Harris, Shaun Ellis, etc. Some of those guys are pro bowl players that Sutton couldnt do crap with. That team had a lot of talent.

chiefzilla1501 01-12-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9308046)

You have this completely wrong. He hasn't been doing the same thing for 20 years. You are taking the 4 years he coached under Mangini, and assuming that Sutton is some kind of a disciple of a 2-gap.

I don't know what he's going to do. I feel pretty confident it's not going to be anywhere close to what he ran with the Jets. And more than likely, it's going to resemble Rex Ryan's scheme more than anything else.

Hootie 01-12-2013 12:46 PM

all I know, and all I care about

is having an attacking defense

no more bend don't break bullshit

I don't care if we finish last in the god damn league as long as we go down swinging rather than giving up 15 play, 90 yard drives with 6 conversions on 3rd and 15