ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ***Senior Bowl Week*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269134)

Sorter 01-24-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9346717)
A late round or UDFA RB I like is Michael Hill out of Missouri Western. Hill is 5'11", 210 (4.5) that ran for over 2,000 yards this season.... Tore up the Raycom game with around 150 yards rushing and at least 2 TD's.

Yeah, I just looked him up. Not bad.

ChiefMojo 01-24-2013 10:10 AM

I admit I don't mind Nassib. If we passed on a 1st round QB, he would make sense in the 2nd round. Then again teams could reach for him if QB's start going off the board in the 1st quick.

My only major knock on him is he doesn't drive his deep balls... He definitely has a habit of floating his deep balls. Much like Barkley and Dysert, they are WCO system guys only. Short to intermediary stuff is their game.

Sorter 01-24-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9347094)
Mayock was comparing him to Dalton, which I think is a fair comparison. Personally, I would like to aim a little higher.

I think he's better than Dalton.

Like htismage said, I think he's typically a 2nd/3rd round guy who will likely go in the 1st this year. I really like his release and movement w/in the pocket. I really dislike his lack of accuracy on 9s. Solid accuracy on posts, deep digs but does struggle with touch on the deep ball considerably more so than Geno, Wilson, Barkley, and even Glennon.

He'd be a great kid to draft in the late/mid first and let sit for 2-3 years.

ChiefRocka 01-24-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9347130)
I admit I don't mind Nassib. If we passed on a 1st round QB, he would make sense in the 2nd round. Then again teams could reach for him if QB's start going off the board in the 1st quick.

My only major knock on him is he doesn't drive his deep balls... He definitely has a habit of floating his deep balls. Much like Barkley and Dysert, they are WCO system guys only. Short to intermediary stuff is their game.

Sorry I don't want Ryan Fitzpatrick as my QB.

Sorter 01-24-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9347189)

He's not Fitz. Doesn't have a Cassel-esque release ala Fitz and isn't a guy who played for a contract IMO.

htismaqe 01-24-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9347189)

Oh no, no, no.

Terrible comparison.

Chiefnj2 01-24-2013 10:01 PM

Mayock and Davis have their senior bowl QB analysis up at nfl.com

Basically everyone is afraid to commit to anything. Positives about everyone, won't even venture to guess where/what round. These guys are afraid to make a prediction without the input of teams/scouts when big boards are really getting set.

Sorter 01-24-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9349333)

Basically everyone is afraid to commit to anything. Positives about everyone, won't even venture to guess where/what round. These guys are afraid to make a prediction without the input of teams/scouts when big boards are really getting set.

I don't understand why. They aren't going to lose their jobs over being wrong and it isn't like anyone in the NFL really takes them seriously. Why the **** can't they just sack up and be honest?

Tribal Warfare 01-24-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9349333)

Flacco being the perfect example with Mayock since his Senior Bowl week till draft day Mayock had him going in the second round then suddenly he was a 1st round QB talent.

RustShack 01-25-2013 01:33 AM

Jake Knott is a LB just as good if not better than Klein who will probably be drafted at least one round later than him.

RustShack 01-25-2013 01:40 AM

I know I'm a broken record on that, but if you like Klein you have to like Knott too. Both will be bargin picks. In the NFL they might not be that big name, but they will be very good, oprotunistic, and make few mistakes. dedicated hard working team players that are great to have on the team. You can't have 22 Pro Bowlers, exactly the type of players to have line up with your stars and not be a weak link.

Chiefnj2 01-25-2013 10:18 AM

It would be interesting to see which announcers/analysts are represented by the same agents/corps as the prospects.

philfree 01-25-2013 12:20 PM

This is as good as place as any to post this. Yesterday I was watching 212 and Mayock stated that 15 QBs have been drafted in the 1st round in the last five years. 14 are starters with Tebow being the lone exception.

Yet another fact for any peeps who don't want to draft a QB at 1.1.

the Talking Can 01-25-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9350433)
This is as good as place as any to post this. Yesterday I was watching 212 and Mayock stated that 15 QBs have been drafted in the 1st round in the last five years. 14 are starters with Tebow being the lone exception.

things have changed

and if you have any competent coaching at all, you should be able to start rookies...

Chiefnj2 01-25-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9350433)

Wouldn't you expect a first round QB drafted within the last 3 years to be the starter and still be under the evaluation process?

I'm guessing there is a decent chance that Sanchez can be added to the failed test this upcoming year and maybe Gabbert.