ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life So my son wants a tattoo (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269756)

KC_Lee 02-06-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holladay (Post 9382942)
Nice colors and seems to be nicely done. BUT GOOD GREIF, YOU WANNA PICTURE OF SCOOBY DOO ON YOUR BACK FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE??????

Again, cool now..not so much when your 60.

With all due respect, you know what the biggest difference is between people that have tattoos and people that don't have tattoos?

People with tattoos don't care that you don't have a tattoo.

The Franchise 02-06-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9382960)
With all due respect, you know what the biggest difference is between people that have tattoos and people that don't have tattoos?

This.

The Franchise 02-06-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9382902)
It's an H.R. Giger alien type scene.

Sounds ****ing awesome.

threebag 02-06-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9382902)
It's an H.R. Giger alien type scene.

Art Vader does some alien scenes. His originals would be sweet tatts

luv 02-06-2013 04:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My latest. I tried posting a link, but it was huge...lol. Resized. This is freshly inked and before it scabbed.

loochy 02-06-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9382756)
has that guy ever showed up again after posting his tat??

yeah he actually posts a decent amount now.

his avatar is the futurama guy, if that helps

luv 02-06-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9382957)
This is mine, although not finished in this pic. And you cant see the rest of it, but this is the design I thought of for 20 years. My face, coming out of a microphone spitting fire musical notes. I thought of the standard old school mic you see on everyone. My artist changed it to this one for a couiple of reasons--you dont see this mic often, its more appropriate for my career and I would of looked like a transformer with the other. Like I said, listen to your artist and trust what they say about designs...I love my tattoo.

I still think that is awesome.

Carlota69 02-06-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9382997)
I still think that is awesome.

Thank you. Im very happy with it and I cant wait to finish the sleeve:)

Holladay 02-06-2013 04:46 PM

My cousin had one of those chinise symbols put on her lower back. It meant "danger". She's now 40 and looking for the right guy. I'm not sure she is gonna find one with that tramp stamp above her ass:(

Holladay 02-06-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

If it doesn't bother them......it shouldn't bother you.
Quote:

I understand. I personally don't mind them and when I was in the Army, thought about it. If I could find something that had that much meaning, I prolly would/will.

But I understand, as I've gotten older, attitudes change, lifestyles changes, life is nothing BUT change. My advice to an 18 yr old, would be to wait a bit. Because that tat ain't gonna CHANGE.

Again, it is a personal choice. For life. And it's your body. Not for me to judge. Given he body of comments here...he will be able to weight both sides.

Sorter 02-06-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9382879)
LMAO

I was there when she got it.

Most excellent.

SAUTO 02-06-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9382699)
Make sure he understands tattoos need to be above the elbows. Sleeves as they're called will require him to wear long sleeved shirts in the dead of summer as most employers will require they be concealed.

I turn 36 in April and I have no tattoos. The only reason why is I've never found anything I wanted printed on my body forever. I don't think there's any harm in it at all, and I think what he wants and why he wants it is noble and you should honor your end of the bargain. Just my 2 cents.

Damn I turn 36 in June and am in the same boat.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter 02-06-2013 05:47 PM

http://www.mmalinker.com/wiki/images/4/41/Tatpic.jpg

This one should work out nicely for your son. If he ever ends up in Russian prison because of the crazy bitch he picked up over there after getting this tattoo, at least they'll respect him.

Radar Chief 02-06-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9383171)
Damn I turn 36 in June and am in the same boat.
Posted via Mobile Device

I got a cheesy little tattoo when I was 20, buddy was getting one and it seemed like the thing to do at the time.
Didn't get any more ink until last year when I got 2 at the age of 45.

KC native 02-06-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9382886)
I have a full backpiece and the aftercare was challenging. After each session I would find somewhere else to sleep because it was impossible to restrict all the seepage with that much area covered.

I have my whole back done. It wasn't too bad. The artist put Aquaphor on and then wrapped it. Told me to leave it on all night. Slept in a heavy throw away tshirt that had to be thrown away the next morning. Washed it that morning and used nothing but unscented/no dye lotion. Shit was healed in a week (first session was 4.5 hours. Almost all the line work and a lot of shading.artist worked really fast so he charged by the piece and not hour).

First one I got done, the guy told me to keep putting AD on it. That shit took a ****ing month to heal right.