ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid on Metro Sports... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269825)

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-09-2013 02:03 PM

lmao
Posted via Mobile Device

MagicHef 02-09-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9387769)
Here's exactly what he said:

The skill that is most important is that he wins football games.

The great ones makes everyone around them better. They make everyone's game come up.

Look, I'm making it short and sweet for you. We're not talking about the intangibles that go into it, we're not talking about the reads on time, we're not talking about the footwork, the arm strength, the hands, all those things.

The bottom line is that guy doesn't have to the prettiest, but does he give you an opportunity to win football games and does he allow his players around him to raise their game up and go do that.

So... he wants Tebow?

The Bad Guy 02-09-2013 03:29 PM

I took the quote from Reid about that all of those things are understood that you need to have them as a QB to win football games - intangibles, reads on time, footwork, arm strength. They were givens for him.

The Bad Guy 02-09-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9389450)
Reid got maximum mileage from mc nabb and vick. Smith is beyond both in potential skills and leadership. We need to just stop with any other scenario because this Deal is......wait for it.........Done.
Posted via Mobile Device

Really based on what is he beyond McNabb?

McNabb was a great QB for a lot of years with the Eagles. He was their leader and someone who maximized his skill set while playing the position.

Look, I like Geno, but the rhetoric about how he has skills that transcend QBs that were truly really good to great in this league has to stop here.

We just need to stop making baseless comparisons to try to strengthen the argument that he should go #1. I'm not disputing he should, but what I am disputing is that you know how good of a leader Geno Smith is. You don't. I don't. No one does. I also think leadership is one of the biggest fluff things ever in sports.

Mike Vick also had the best skill set potential out of any QB drafted in the 2000s. A QB with an incredible arm, and 4.3 speed.

Geno Smith is not beyond that potential skill set. Not even close.

Hammock Parties 02-09-2013 03:58 PM

We need to quit going overboard with Geno.

If he's as good as Donovan McNabb I'll be ecstatic.

The Bad Guy 02-09-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9389809)
We need to quit going overboard with Geno.

If he's as good as Donovan McNabb I'll be ecstatic.

As will I.

But there's nothing he does that transcends anything from the position.

I hope he's a fantastic player and that we draft him. However, saying he has skills that top McNabb and Vick is like saying Luke Joekel has skills that Orlando Pace could only dream of.

Saccopoo 02-09-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9388543)
Is it possible that he is indirectly taking a shot at Geno Smith with the "will his team to victory" line? Lets face it, WV was only 7-6.

A winning record with one of the worst defenses in all of college football?

I want the guy responsible for that then.

The Bad Guy 02-09-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9390159)
A winning record with one of the worst defenses in all of college football?

I want the guy responsible for that then.

Do you think his numbers were inflated because he played with such a bad defense?

Titty Meat 02-09-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9390309)
Do you think his numbers were inflated because he played with such a bad defense?

The offense he played in certainly inflated the numbers.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-09-2013 10:27 PM

surpasses vick as a pocket passer. Has clutch mc nabb can only fap to. Comparing Smith to mc nabb is the equivalent of comparing Smith to fatmarcus russel. It is what it is.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bad Guy 02-09-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9390786)
surpasses vick as a pocket passer. Has clutch mc nabb can only fap to. Comparing Smith to mc nabb is the equivalent of comparing Smith to fatmarcus russel. It is what it is.
Posted via Mobile Device

You've lost your ****ing mind.

Truthfully, you are either drunk, or have the worst long term memory loss ever.

McNabb was a god damn great quarterback and made tons of clutch plays.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-09-2013 11:17 PM

Sir...there are times in life when we have to look at something and say "it is what it is". This would be one of those times. And I no longer drink.
Posted via Mobile Device

go bo 02-09-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9390869)
Sir...there are times in life when we have to look at something and say "it is what it is". This would be one of those times. And I no longer drink.
Posted via Mobile Device

i knew there was something wrong with you!!

you don't drink? where the ****'s the fun in that?

next time you're in town we'll burn a little unless you've quit that too... :)

mcaj22 02-09-2013 11:32 PM

well at least you know Tyler Wilson is off his list because that team was like 3-10 lol and he didnt will that team to shit.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-09-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bowe (Post 9390888)
i knew there was something wrong with you!!

you don't drink? where the ****'s the fun in that?

next time you're in town we'll burn a little unless you've quit that too... :)

Believe me...my resume for partying is 25 years full of CEO-level work. I had to let it go. I drink coffee and smoke a cigar here and there these days. That said...ive made up my mind that Arrowhead and the CP bash are definitely "bottoms up"-zones.
Posted via Mobile Device