ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Peter King: You have to go back to 1997 to find a draft like this one (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270181)

Hammock Parties 02-19-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9415559)
Recently bought a Roku, and they have a CBS sports channel on it. The most recent clip on it was from Pat Kirwin. I don't know much about him, but he seems like the only journalist who makes ANY sense.
He says: Don't listen to any reports coming from anyone. When all is said and done, Geno will go #1, 2 QBs will go in the top 10, and there is no way a G will be taken in the top 10.
He made some other good points, and I think he's right. All these reports...all of them..are useless.

Can you screen capture or record audio?

Bowser 02-19-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Recently bought a Roku, and they have a CBS sports channel on it. The most recent clip on it was from Pat Kirwin. I don't know much about him, but he seems like the only journalist who makes ANY sense.
He says: Don't listen to any reports coming from anyone. When all is said and done, Geno will go #1, 2 QBs will go in the top 10, and there is no way a G will be taken in the top 10.
He made some other good points, and I think he's right. All these reports...all of them..are useless.

He has has a show on NFL Radio on Sirius/XM that he does Tim Ryan called Movin' the Chains. Generally it's one of the best football shows you'll ever listen to.

tooge 02-19-2013 12:10 PM

I can't wait for the damned draft so this speculation can be over and we can talk in realities of what we have.

htismaqe 02-19-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9415570)
I can't wait for the damned draft so this speculation can be over and we can talk in realities of what we have.

I'm about to that point too.

tooge 02-19-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 9415235)
I think the Chiefs will win because Andy Reid has a long history of doing it.

And in particular, he has a long history of finding lesser known QB's that he plugs into his system to significant success. So much so, that he sells them off to the highest bidder. I love that. That plays in our favor.

It also tips the scales toward taking BPA, not QB with our #1. And if that doesn't work out this year, the odds are that in a few years, it will work out.

If AR wants Alex Smith over Geno Smith, then I'd be pretty excited to have Alex Smith playing in this system under this coach.

Now if AR wants Geno Smith over all other options, then I'll be just as excited to have him playing in this system under this coach.

Andy Reid did all of his significant winning with a quarterback he selected high in the first round of the draft. The rest haven't done jack shit for him.

Putting much stock into what fans want is just silly.

Andy Reid did all his significant winning with a quarterback he took high in the first round. the rest of them didn't win jack shit for him.

BigCatDaddy 02-19-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9415570)

I fully speculate that we will trade back to pick 4 while aquiring 4 1st round picks take Joekill, move Albert to guard and then get Geno at the top of the 2nd. Then trade a future 1st for Alex Smith to be our backup.

Hammock Parties 02-19-2013 12:28 PM

The top QB prospect that year Jim Drunkenmiller.

He threw 31 TDs in college. LMAO

And somehow he's compared to Geno?

Hell, there are like 4 guys who are better QB prospects this year.

htismaqe 02-19-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9415602)
I fully speculate that we will trade back to pick 4 while aquiring 4 1st round picks take Joekill, move Albert to guard and then get Geno at the top of the 2nd. Then trade a future 1st for Alex Smith to be our backup.

Holy shit. That's like Dream Scenario #1. ROFL

Bowser 02-19-2013 12:33 PM

I say we do a reverse draft this year. Take seventh round talent in the first, sixth in the second, and so on!

ptlyon 02-19-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9415602)

Nice thought. But unfortunately no nfl team is stupid enough to believe these jackasses that none of the qbs in the draft aren't worth taking in the 1st round. They will all be scooped up. If kc misses the boat then they were just stupid.

jAZ 02-19-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildTurkey (Post 9415562)
He's a former NFL scout and Front office guy. He generally knows what he's talking about

I heard a guy (don't recall his name) from Ourlads on the radio the other day saying that he had Geno Smith #1 on his board.

Edit: I'm sure others have already seen it, but anyway...
http://www.ourlads.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/

DeezNutz 02-19-2013 12:36 PM

In Teicher's latest mock, that stupid mother****er actually wrote "better safe than sorry" as a part of his justification for drafting a DT 1/1.

That's how ****ing stupid he is. As if someone who follows the Chiefs closely, allegedly, shouldn't know that there's nothing "safe" about drafting any player, much less a defensive lineman.

Why couldn't this ****ing moron have recently been vacationing in the Ural Mountains?

beach tribe 02-19-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9415565)
Can you screen capture or record audio?

Just got over a HD failure with no sys image.
Have my programs backed up, but won't have my software back up for cpl weeks. Ive just been using my laptop.

jAZ 02-19-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9415587)
Andy Reid did all his significant winning with a quarterback he took high in the first round. the rest of them didn't win jack shit for him.

Not entirely true, but yes Andy Reid does no how to draft and develop a franchise QB. Like I said, I'll let him do his thing what ever it is.

Hammock Parties 02-19-2013 12:38 PM

Throw Camtasia Studio on it and grab the footage man. Trial version is free.

We would all appreciate it.