ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Nick Foles News (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270264)

mcaj22 02-23-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9429598)
Maclins rookie deal is about to run out, too and he would require a big contract. No way he is worth full value because of just that.

Are we supposed to tie up 20 million a year on 2 receivers?

Foles probably increased his stoc, but its not like the Eagles wouldnt take a premium third for him...he doesnt fit their system.

youre not getting Maclin for anything less than a 2nd. So if someone wants Maclin, pony up the pick and cash. If not, I dont know what to tell you lol

O.city 02-23-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9429598)
Maclins rookie deal is about to run out, too and he would require a big contract. No way he is worth full value because of just that.

Are we supposed to tie up 20 million a year on 2 receivers?

Foles probably increased his stoc, but its not like the Eagles wouldnt take a premium third for him...he doesnt fit their system.

2 good WRs? Yeah, don't really care.

I'd trade first picks, give them a 3rd. What I proposed earlier was probably too much.

the Talking Can 02-23-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9429602)
If Reid and Dorsey think he's their guy though, they probably don't view him as a backup.

so what?

he's a 3rd round backup who has done jack shit

i'm pretty sure Reid isn't going to say to Philly, "we think your 3rd round pick is a franchise QB and we want to pay extra for him, please take all our picks"

BossChief 02-23-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9429609)
youre not getting Maclin for anything less than a 2nd. So if someone wants Maclin, pony up the pick and cash. If not, I dont know what to tell you lol

YOU JUST MADE MY POINT FOR ME.

He is NOT worth the 875 ponts he was originally worth, he is now worth around 500.

O.city 02-23-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9429611)
so what?

i'm pretty sure Reid isn't going to say to Philly, "we think your 3rd round pick is a franchise QB and we want to pay extra for him, please take all our picks"

Yeah, I probably overestimated how much it would take.

But obviously, they are wanting a 2 for Foles at this point, so if Reid thinks he's the guy, they'll probably do it.

DeezNutz 02-23-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9429610)

I'd trade first picks, give them a 3rd. What I proposed earlier was probably too much.

You trade picks, plus get Foles and Maclin. If I'm trading out of #1 overall, you better damn well get back a north load.

the Talking Can 02-23-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9429617)
Yeah, I probably overestimated how much it would take.

But obviously, they are wanting a 2 for Foles at this point, so if Reid thinks he's the guy, they'll probably do it.

probably..this franchise is cursed

it's like we just rewound the last 4 years to start over

O.city 02-23-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9429618)
You trade picks, plus get Foles and Maclin. If I'm trading out of #1 overall, you better damn well get back a north load.

We should, but we won't if we trade it. The talent at the top doesn't justify it at this point.

DeezNutz 02-23-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9429622)
We should, but we won't if we trade it. The talent at the top doesn't justify it at this point.

If anyone wants to trade up, they disagree. Otherwise, they'd be cool with staying at #4 overall.

O.city 02-23-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9429620)
probably..this franchise is cursed

it's like we just rewound the last 4 years to start over

It sucks and i'm in no way advocating this, but you pretty much have to throw out what the last regime did at this point. That doesn't matter.

Seems there's just to much "non QB at 1" smoke for it to just be GM/coach speak.

BossChief 02-23-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9429610)

for

foles
maclin

and next years first

O.city 02-23-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9429626)
If anyone wants to trade up, they disagree. Otherwise, they'd be cool with staying at #4 overall.

I think our regime might do it, just to get out of the first pick so they don't have to explain not taking a QB.

DeezNutz 02-23-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9429627)
It sucks and i'm in no way advocating this, but you pretty much have to throw out what the last regime did at this point. That doesn't matter.

Seems there's just to much "non QB at 1" smoke for it to just be GM/coach speak.

Denver never met or worked out Cutler prior to drafting him.

So there's absolutely no telling what may or may not transpire during the draft.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-23-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9429611)
so what?

lmao sweet christ this abortion of a thread...
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city 02-23-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9429633)
Denver never met or worked out Cutler prior to drafting him.

So there's absolutely no telling what may or may not transpire during the draft.

Well, we've met with all the QBs and will watch them all work out. It may all be bs that they're shoveling right now and they plan on taking Geno/Barkley etc at 1.

But at this point, based on what we've heard from multiple sources, I don't think the do.