ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Need vehicle opinions - Jeep Grand Cherokee (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270706)

Bear 03-05-2013 04:57 PM

You should get a Subaru.

COchief 03-05-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 9467697)
the Honda was by far the best choice....and please...attempt to defend that assinine statement!

I don't have to, because the other real car guy in this thread already did for me. What a shock that you skipped right over this reply:
Exorter175
"Odyssey for sure. The Sienna is coming into its own but it struggles to hold the market against the Odyssey due to the Sienna having gotten previous horrid ratings coming into the mid 2000's due to its design and "cheap" product line. Now it seems Toyota has tried to aim for a loftier more luxurious goal with the Sienna and I believe that too will miss. That being said, they have fixed some of the issues with the design of the vehicle in the past decade.

Having said that, the Odyssey never had a fault from its inception, it was just great from start until now. Hard to beat that market on that one."

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 9467821)
I am a professional....

You are a professional at dumping whatever lump of shit is on your lot onto whatever idiot you can swindle into buying it, and of course all those critical warranties and undercarriage treatments. How many of those have you sold to some unsuspecting old lady that trusted your "professional opinion"? I already know the answer is "as much as my weasel ass possibly can".

You got lit up because you lurked this thread waiting for any spot to jump in and offer that "professional" opinion, which was completely wrong by the way, and you followed it up with a tear-soaked "Wah! but what do I know...Wah!" and you needed a minivan post to do it. I could taste the tears in that post and can certainly taste them now.

Thanks for sharing all of your gay fantasies with everyone here on CP, but you might want to save that for those "other" forums you frequent.

You are also rightfully angry because I am the guy that you hate, the last two vehicles I have purchased I got thousands off the listed price because I played a bunch of you clowns off each other, walked off several times. Then when I had you at your absolute lowest price, I took out $10K (you finance, I don't need to) in cash and went in and set it on his desk (less $500) and looked at him like a prick and repeatedly said "do you want it or not". They always bend over and take it, because that's what your ilk always does when I walk in and they see they are over matched in every way. Oddly (not really) just like our interaction in this thread.

Cheers Bitch!

Bugeater 03-05-2013 11:17 PM

GOD DAMN IT IF YOU ALL DON'T STOP ARGUING I SWEAR I WILL BUY ANOTHER MINIVAN

Frosty 03-06-2013 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9469538)

You need this

http://www.failcar.com/images/cars/F...d-Mini-Van.jpg

Bugeater 03-06-2013 07:35 AM

LMAO Why would someone build something like that? Just go buy a damn SUV for crissakes.

Radar Chief 03-06-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9469877)
LMAO Why would someone build something like that? Just go buy a damn SUV for crissakes.

Guessing from the 14 bolt rear axle and Dana 44 front that someone had a mid ‘70’s Chevy ¾ ton 4X4 with a rusted away body and a minivan with a blown driveline. Put the two together and SHABAM!
There’s a guy running around C-Town with a Chevette body on an S-10 4X4 frame that is actually a capable little off roading rig.

SAUTO 03-06-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9469912)
Guessing from the 14 bolt rear axle and Dana 44 front that someone had a mid ‘70’s Chevy ¾ ton 4X4 with a rusted away body and a minivan with a blown driveline. Put the two together and SHABAM!
There’s a guy running around C-Town with a Chevette body on an S-10 4X4 frame that is actually a capable little off roading rig.

there is a guy running around here with a hearse on a mid 70's 4x4 frame LOL

Frosty 03-06-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9469912)

Back in the '80's, there was a tire shop/off-road center in Salem that a 70's era Camaro on a 4x4 frame (Bronco maybe). It sat out front and was fixed up to advertize the shop. Have no idea if it ran, though.

Bugeater 03-06-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9469994)
there is a guy running around here with a hearse on a mid 70's 4x4 frame LOL

Now THAT would be cool.

frankotank 03-06-2013 08:56 AM

welp I'm really late to this party....but I've had two Cherokees, a 99 and an 05. two of the best vehicles I've ever owned. pretty problem free. I like 'em. acourse there are lemons of every make and model out there, but my two were great.

Deberg_1990 03-06-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9463205)
I don't want to squat on this thread, but my wife is wanting a new car and wants to get a Honda Odyssey. I'm not a fan of mini vans, but I've never had one. The other problem I'm having is that I think its crazy to spend 42K on a decked out mini van when we could spend the same amount and get a AWD suv. I'm trying to talk her into a Highlander, Pathfinder, or something similar.

What say you guys?

I have a 2011 Odyssey. The first year with the redesign. We love it. PM me if you have more specific questions

Omaha 03-06-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9462733)
So I'm thinking about breaking my streak of buying minivans at 5, and am considering a small SUV. I like the style of the 99-02 years, and they're in my price range.

Anyone have experiences with these? There seems to be a lot of them out there. I'm leaning towards one with the IL 6 cyl since it probably does better on gas and the V8 is really crammed in there and likely a bitch to work on.

Thoughts?

I love Jeeps. I have a 2007 Grand Cherokee that I haven't upgraded simply because I still love it. I might look at the 4 door Wrangler this summer, but the GCs are great.

Cons:

There is very little room in the backseat. Seriously, it's tight.

They are gas hogs. Even the 6 cyl.

COchief 03-06-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9469538)

I'm done, give us an update. You're not working at the moment and have cash in hand correct? Have you driven or looked at anything?

Bugeater 03-06-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9470032)
I love Jeeps. I have a 2007 Grand Cherokee that I haven't upgraded simply because I still love it. I might look at the 4 door Wrangler this summer, but the GCs are great.

Cons:

There is very little room in the backseat. Seriously, it's tight.

They are gas hogs. Even the 6 cyl.

Eh, I rarely have back seat passengers so that's not much of a concern. The gas mileage certainly is, but it's not like my Caravans have been gas misers as far as city driving goes.

Bugeater 03-06-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 9470049)
I'm done, give us an update. You're not working at the moment and have cash in hand correct? Have you driven or looked at anything?

I'm still working some, I just don't have a steady job at the moment, if that makes any sense. But yeah, I have cash, been saving since last summer. I've looked at a couple Grand Cherokees and driven one Durango so far, but I haven't been very excited to go out and do a whole lot of looking yet because the weather has been shit lately. Hopefully I can get out some this weekend.