ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs PFT take on Albert and his twitter account (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270849)

BossChief 03-08-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9476862)
We need to leave Albert where he's at and go sign Gosder Cherilus to play RT.

Bingo. I don't care if they overpay both he and Albert. That would be a damn good set of bookends for the next 5 years.

It's too bad that Alex Cassel will make them look bad.

Chiefnj2 03-08-2013 11:00 AM

Reid is bringing in his guy much like Vermeil brought in Green (and the plan worked) and Pioli brought in Cassel (plan didn't work). Part of the reason Green worked was because Vermeil quickly built a great OL. A part of the reason Cassel didn't work was because the OL wasn't anything special, or bad in certain circumstances. (Yes, Cassel was the largest problem, revolving OC's, lack of WR, etc., but RT and getting stuffed up the middle was also a contributing factor.)

It makes sense to me that Reid want's to build up the OL as quickly as possible. Even if that means using the 1.1 and having him play RT for a year or moving Albert around.

BossChief 03-08-2013 11:03 AM

Trent Green worked out because he had an extensive history in the offense Vermiel was installing and he had personal experiences coaching Trent and knew he would fit what he wanted to do on offense.

Andy hasn't ever had Alex Smith on his team and Alex will be learning another new offense.

patteeu 03-08-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9476910)
Trent Green worked out because he had an extensive history in the offense Vermiel was installing and he had personal experiences coaching Trent and knew he would fit what he wanted to do on offense.

Andy hasn't ever had Alex Smith on his team and Alex will be learning another new offense.

And because the Chiefs moved a middle of the road LT to the right side and replaced him with a top tier LT. Trent Green was horrible in year 1.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-08-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9476897)
Reid is bringing in his guy much like Vermeil brought in Green (and the plan worked) and Pioli brought in Cassel (plan didn't work). Part of the reason Green worked was because Vermeil quickly built a great OL. A part of the reason Cassel didn't work was because the OL wasn't anything special, or bad in certain circumstances. (Yes, Cassel was the largest problem, revolving OC's, lack of WR, etc., but RT and getting stuffed up the middle was also a contributing factor.)

It makes sense to me that Reid want's to build up the OL as quickly as possible. Even if that means using the 1.1 and having him play RT for a year or moving Albert around.

Dear RAID,

You make many fine pest products. I would like to contract the services of your fine lab technicians for a special project.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefnj2 03-08-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9476910)

I'm not sure what you are arguing. Are you saying the OL didn't help Green and the offense? Are you saying that Smith wouldn't benefit from having a very good OL as he makes a transition into another offense?

Rausch 03-08-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9476884)
I'm not sure I understand your question, but Albert missed more time than any of those guys last year. I'm not sure he deserves extra credit for being unavailable, but to avoid that argument I gave Albert credit for a 16 game season anyway and adjusted his rating accordingly. If I had ignored the injuries, Jordan Gross, Matt Kalil, and Donald Penn would have rated higher than him too.

The tougher competition came late. Give the guy 4 sacks and I'd bet he's still top 10...

Rausch 03-08-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9476932)
Dear RAID,

You make many fine pest products. I would like to contract the services of your fine lab technicians for a special project.
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

Rausch 03-08-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9476862)
We need to leave Albert where he's at...

This...

Rasputin 03-08-2013 11:14 AM

If all the talk about Joekel is true then I think Dorsey and Andy Reid want him to be RTotf and leave Brandon Albert at LT. They can address long term with him during the season. If they can't work anything out long term with Brandon by end of season then they have their LTotf and can focus on another RT via FA or draft.

I think it's dumb to draft a RT with 1.1 but we are the Chiefs.

Rain Man 03-08-2013 11:17 AM

Has it been stated that Albert will be moved to right tackle, or are people making assumptions? There have been a few examples recently of high-ranked rookies starting out on the right and moving to the left later if I remember right. I see no reason why we wouldn't do that with Geno Smith when we draft him. Or whoever.

Or is the assumption that Donald Stephenson/Russell Wilson will play left?

patteeu 03-08-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9476974)
Has it been stated that Albert will be moved to right tackle, or are people making assumptions? There have been a few examples recently of high-ranked rookies starting out on the right and moving to the left later if I remember right. I see no reason why we wouldn't do that with Geno Smith when we draft him. Or whoever.

Or is the assumption that Donald Stephenson/Russell Wilson will play left?

It hasn't been stated. In fact, the last I heard, the Chiefs were saying that they consider Branden Albert their long term LT.

Your scenario makes more sense if they can't work out a deal with Albert and they decide to draft OT at 1.1.

FRCDFED 03-08-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 9476712)
This is a team sport and if the Chiefs can improve the OL by moving Albert...move f'ing Albert. Some of you are as spineless as Albert. Albert has been a fine LT, but he hasn't been great IMO. If you disagree...fine. I've seen other LTs who were significantly better. If Albert doesn't want to play where he's asked to play, trade him. The inmates don't run the asylum.

:clap: I would just like to add one comment. It doesn't matter what we think about how Albert has played LT. It is up to AR/JD. If "they" think it will upgrade the line by moving Albert then he gets moved. Period.

Brock 03-08-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 9476996)
:clap: I would just like to add one comment. It doesn't matter what we think about how Albert has played LT. It is up to AR/JD. If "they" think it will upgrade the line by moving Albert then he gets moved. Period.

Thanks for the amazing insight. Are you seriously putting forth the idea that Reid isn't taking his cues from an internet message board? That's unbelievable!

FRCDFED 03-08-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9477008)
Thanks for the amazing insight. Are you seriously putting forth the idea that Reid isn't taking his cues from an internet message board? That's unbelievable!

WTF are you talking about. I'm saying that all this discussion is just that....discussion. We have entrusted AR to field the best team that he can. If that means moving a whiny ass LT to RT then so be it. He will play where he's told to play or get traded.

I suspect if he get's moved then some on here will raise hell until the offense starts to show significant improvement. Irregardless, the players don't dictate where they are going to play.