ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Goodbye Glenn Dorsey (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271096)

Sorter 03-13-2013 10:55 PM

I'll miss watching Allen Bailey out perform Dorsey as a rookie playing the 3.

DaWolf 03-13-2013 10:56 PM

Good luck to Dorsey in SF. Hard worker who never complained. Hopefully he can stay healthy; always seemed like he had some sort of a leg ailment...

lcarus 03-13-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9496126)
I'll miss watching Allen Bailey out perform Dorsey as a rookie playing the 3.

Now we get to watch Allen Bailey outperform The ****ing Penguin.

http://viewsfromthesofa.files.wordpr...05/penguin.jpg

Sorter 03-13-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9496124)
At least with Cassel we had a drinking game that involved a shot every time he overthrew a receiver.

Had to quit watching games because halfway through the preseason my liver started to tank and I was shitting myself too often.

I told my liver to buck up and that it was going to be a long few years.

My liver has hated me since.

Sorter 03-13-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9496134)
Now we get to watch Allen Bailey outperform The ****ing Penguin.

LMAO

lcarus 03-13-2013 10:59 PM

Yes. It's true. Denver gets Welker. We get....

Eh, I heard we was ok. Maybe if we're lucky, he'll bite off Clady's nose.

jd34 03-13-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9494177)
Where the **** is this NT shit coming from?

Everywhere I've seen it has Dorsey basically backing up either DE spot in SF. Ian Williams would be next up for the NT job in SF.

SF boards are saying he will likely line up at NT most of the time but shift to DT with Justin Smith in nickel situations. The NT goes out of the game for another DB when they go nickel. Aldon Smith and McDonald are DEs in the nickel. Ian Williams is a backup. They will still draft another DL if the right guy comes up. They have a lot of talent but thin at DL. When Justin went down last season their pass rush went down with him.

Sorter 03-13-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd34 (Post 9496156)
SF boards are saying he will likely line up at NT most of the time but shift to DT with Justin Smith in nickel situations. The NT goes out of the game for another DB when they go nickel. Aldon Smith and McDonald are DEs in the nickel. Ian Williams is a backup. They will still draft another DL if the right guy comes up. They have a lot of talent but thin at DL. When Justin went down last season their pass rush went down with him.

Considering Justin plays the 3 in subs, they'll be play Dorsey as a shaded 1 for the majority of his snaps in both base fronts and subs.

Chiefshrink 03-13-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9496141)
Yes. It's true. Denver gets Welker. We get...

If we can trade down a few spots then watch us draft Tavon Austin and then watch the 'donkeys' go ohhhhhhhhhhh sh************ !!! Understand, b4 the Welker signing today all the fan base, media, etc...... out here have been clamoring for the donks to trade up a few spots and get Austin.

I'm mean hell, if we aren't going to draft Geno, his buddy Austin IS the real deal playmaker and is a mini-Percy Harvin in the slot that is actually football tough. I say draft his ass ! BPA !!!:thumb:

jd34 03-13-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9496167)
Considering Justin plays the 3 in subs, they'll be play Dorsey as a shaded 1 for the majority of his snaps in both base fronts and subs.

That will be true much of the time, however, they move Justin all the way in to the nose on occasion if they feel that is a better matchup. They move the DL sets around a lot. They like versatile players that can do that. They don't just sit in one set and dare you to beat them.

Hammock Parties 03-13-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9495373)
I'd rather have Dorsey than DeVito and I'd much rather have Dorsey at his figure over DeVito at his.

We really screwed the pooch on the DE position thus far.

I'd rather have them BOTH, because they're both about equal players.

**** Tyson Jackson. Should have just been cut outright.

If Dorsey rapes in SF and Tyson Jackson continues to be a borderline scrap heap NFL reject, **** Dorsey for this DE crap.

And yes I realize bitching about DEs in a 3-4 is pretty, but after the QB bullshit, everything is getting scrutinized.

lcarus 03-13-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9496169)
If we can trade down a few spots then watch us draft Tavon Austin and then watch the 'donkeys' go ohhhhhhhhhhh sh************ !!! Understand, b4 the Welker signing today all the fan base, media, etc...... out here have been clamoring for the donks to trade up a few spots and get Austin.

I'm mean hell, if we aren't going to draft Geno, his buddy Austin IS the real deal playmaker and is a mini-Percy Harvin in the slot that is actually football tough. I say draft his ass ! BPA !!!:thumb:

I love Austin. He's gonna be a hell of a playmaker.

Hammock Parties 03-13-2013 11:18 PM

Actually the more I think about this, the more I want to puke.

Unless there's something I'm ignorant of that prevents Dorsey or DeVito from flipping to LDE, we let Dorsey walk for Tyson Jackson.

That sucks.

edit: nevermind. DeVito IS a left end. But is he play RE here? What the **** is going on?

Sorter 03-13-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd34 (Post 9496192)
That will be true much of the time, however, they move Justin all the way in to the nose on occasion if they feel that is a better matchup. They move the DL sets around a lot. They like versatile players that can do that. They don't just sit in one set and dare you to beat them.

Justin's snaps playing a 1 tech are very limited, despite the fact they do move him around occasionally.

49ers do switch it up in regards to having multiple nickel and dime packages with different fronts/alignments/personnel.

Bump 03-13-2013 11:45 PM

well bye