ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bowes says we're going Deep /gonna blow up the scoreboard (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272321)

BossChief 04-21-2013 10:03 AM

Haha

Yeah, I bet we really take the top off defenses with Alex Smith at qb.

That square peg is still not gonna work.

ChiefMojo 04-21-2013 10:06 AM

But the problem is we aren't fixing the overall problem immediately getting Geno Smith either. If he was a legit option to rise above, this franchise would be clamoring all over him and we wouldn't have gotten Alex Smith. There are many football people out there that believe Geno Smith is pretty much equivlent to Alex Smith in the end. Doesn't mean we still won't get someone like Barkley, Manuel, Nassib or Wilson though to develop.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-21-2013 10:11 AM

Fatboy better find a real prospect to develop. Alice and an UFA? Yeah, that's really "addressing the position". Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief 04-21-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9609522)
But the problem is we aren't fixing the problem getting Geno Smith either. If he was a legit option to rise above, this franchise would be clamoring all over him and we wouldn't have gotten Alex Smith. There are many football people out there that believe Geno Smith is pretty much equivlent to Alex Smith in the end.

And those same people use that same hypocrisy when approving the trade of Albert to draft Joeckel.

TribalElder 04-21-2013 10:33 AM

lol... Alex smith throwing deep

Pasta Little Brioni 04-21-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9609371)
PFF also has Albert as the 20th best OT in the league and Brandon Carr isn't even in the top 80 corners.

So yeah, you can trust those ratings if you want to but they don't really mean shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, they mean more to me than Joe Slapdick on CP that has MAYBE seen 4 full Niner games over the last several years started by Smith.

Albert missed games otherwise he would have been higher, it's a total point scale, not average grade.

Carr was average as **** his first year in Dallas anyway so....

threebag 04-21-2013 10:46 AM

Go Bowes

philfree 04-21-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9609606)
Well, they mean more to me than Joe Slapdick on CP that has MAYBE seen 4 full Niner games over the last several years started by Smith.

Albert missed games otherwise he would have been higher, it's a total point scale, not average grade.

Carr was average as **** his first year in Dallas anyway so....

I thought we learned that PFF is a bunch of Joe Slapdicks sitting at home watching games and counting the stats?

Tombstone RJ 04-21-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 9609602)
lol... Alex smith throwing deep

this

Hammock Parties 04-21-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9609636)
I thought we learned that PFF is a bunch of Joe Slapdicks sitting at home watching games and counting the stats?

They're also bang on...because using their information I rightly predicted Stanford Routt would suck complete ass...

Pasta Little Brioni 04-21-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9609636)

At least they watch every play and have no bias. Beats pretending to do so and spinning like a ****ing top like we've seen far too often. CPs game film is youtube highlight reels.

RealSNR 04-21-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9609488)
Especially if they don't say what you want them to say.

It doesn't matter. There exists no football stat that says Alex Smith is capable of leading the Chiefs to the Super Bowl.

End of story.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-21-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9609699)
It doesn't matter. There exists no football stat that says Alex Smith is capable of leading the Chiefs to the Super Bowl.

End of story.

His mentoring of Geno will be Le-gen-dary

philfree 04-21-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9609699)

End of story.

Funny that there isn't one that says he can't either. LOL I'm not on any bandwagon but damn.

penbrook 04-21-2013 11:27 AM

Per PFCentral

Dorsey is really enamored with Dion Jordan He's been in talks with the Jets the Jets could make some noise, as they want to move down from 9