ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dwayne Bowe: I'm going to lead the league in Receptions and TDs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273090)

ptlyon 05-16-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith 4Ever (Post 9686490)
I wonder if this forum will be as active when the Chiefs start winning. As I've always said, half of this place comes here because they like to be martyrs and root against the Chiefs

Only cockroaches will be around by that time

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-16-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

I wonder if this forum will be as active when the Chiefs start winning. As I've always said, half of this place comes here because they like to be martyrs and root against the Chiefs

Hopefully we can just start an "Alexsexual" sub-lounge to confine you and your ilk in forevar. You know, kind of like a virtual closet...
Posted via Mobile Device

Sandy Vagina 05-16-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Seen this before on SF forums.

-some will claim that they believed in Alex all the time, but just enjoyed pissing people off with their comments.

-some will make every excuse in the book to suggest that "the team around Alex was perfection... and Alex needs to be carried by perfection."

-some will say that "9 wins just isn't good enough... that the season was some fluke.. that just barely winning isn't really winning.. and they still must get a real QB to get any further."

The feet will be dug in so deeply that you will rarely hear "I was wrong about that QB." ... and if you do read that? Then others will kiss that ass because that person had the stones to admit they were wrong.

So there really won't be any worthwhile accountability.

... and like I said before... internet pride and the "being right or wrong" game is pretty silly anyway. None of us get paid to assess players or assess draft prospects. Yet people still find a way to insert their egos to other anonymous people on a forum.

It is an interesting... and addictive world.

Sandy Vagina 05-16-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9686508)
Hopefully we can just start an "Alexsexual" sub-lounge to confine you and your ilk in forevar. You know, kind of like a virtual closet...
Posted via Mobile Device

Nah. Better to make a separate sub-lounge for the sky is falling posse that constantly express misery and defeatism about their own team.

If we have that many of these fans, then why not just combine forums with the rest of the AFCW? The division rivals respect the Chiefs more than these aforementioned fans. :shake:

KC_Lee 05-16-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Beacuse nobody that's a fan of this team has ever seen a scrub QB have some sucess (Grbac & Bono) for a single season only to bust the following year.

Perhaps most of the folks on thsi board that your describe as "... martyrs and root against the Chiefs..." are not buying into yet another back QB being brought in as the starting QB for KC. We've seen this movie before, we know how it ends.

Sandy Vagina 05-16-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9686522)
" are not buying into yet another back QB being brought in as the starting QB for KC. We've seen this movie before, we know how it ends.

No one demands that you "buy into it", but many suggest you give it a chance before ripping it to shreds. That's the chickenshit way to go. You may very well have seen "movies" similar... but some movies actually CAN end differently.

thabear04 05-16-2013 09:40 AM

Kansas City Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe told reporters yesterday that he would lead the NFL in receptions and touchdowns in 2013 but he also had some praise for his new QB, Alex Smith.

“Just watching Steve Young back in the day, he’s that kind of guy,” Said Bowe on Wednesday. “He’s not too vocal about it, but when he’s in the huddle, he makes his presence known. He’s demanding guys speed up — I mean, I never had a quarterback like that.”
Wow. That is pretty high praise.
Bowe isn’t the only player heaping praise on Smith. Despite being early on in the process, the players seem to be warming to Smith as their new leader. Two of those players are WRs Dexter McCluster and Jonathan Baldwin.

“He’s a great quarterback, a guy that’s mobile, a guy that knows how to read defense and take advantage of mismatches,” McCluster said. “He’s definitely confident. As a quarterback, you need to be confident. But knowing him, he’s never shaken.”
Baldwin noted that he is already developing a rapport with his new QB.

“We communicate all the time. We text back and forth, talking about different things we see, different things we want to do,” said Baldwin. “He kind of understands where I’m going to be, and I understand what he’s thinking, and the more you have a relationship with your quarterback off the field, the better it is on the field.”
For Baldwin and McCluster, Smith could be just what the doctor ordered. While McCluster has had a bit more success, both players have failed to meet the expectations that come along with being taken in the first two rounds of the draft. Andy Reid’s offense, combined with Smith’s accuracy, could be the combination that finally helps McCluster and Baldwin get to the next level as receivers.

ChiliConCarnage 05-16-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9686525)
No one demands that you "buy into it", but many suggest you give it a chance before ripping it to shreds. That's the chickenshit way to go. You may very well have seen "movies" similar... but some movies actually CAN end differently.

Of course it can but the Chiefs have been doing it for 25 years now. We haven't won a playoff game since '93. How long would you expect a normal sane person to keep hoping it's going to work?

KC_Lee 05-16-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Yeah, still not holding my breath for this to end up with KC in the Super Bowl, Hell even with a win in the playoffs.

Sandy Vagina 05-16-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 9686542)
Of course it can but the Chiefs have been doing it for 25 years now. We haven't won a playoff game since '93. How long would you expect a normal sane person to keep hoping it's going to work?

Tough one to answer... and I can at least sense from you that you want to keep some optimism. Everyone is "built differently"... For me, I'd keep some optimism when I see my F/O trying different things to see if the next attempt can work. And that is what I see the Chiefs trying... (different coaches.. different QBs)

If the exact same coaching and players were being thrown out there? Yeah, I'd probably adopt a negative attitude also. But that isn't what is happening.

bevischief 05-16-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9686505)
I also think you will be slightly pleased with his arm strength. It has been much better since he worked with Tom House (pitching guru) and Alex tweaked his mechanics.

His arm will never be confused with the true cannons.. but it isn't "weak" either.

Cassel spent last off season with a pitching coach and we saw what happened there. Just saying. I am taking a wait and see approach at this point.

RealSNR 05-16-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

99% of us ARE giving it a chance. We're still here, aren't we?

The future looks ****ing grim. That's all we're saying. This experiment is most likely not going to work barring an unprecedented spike in Alex Smith's productivity that he has never even sniffed before in his career.

SAUTO 05-16-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Actually iirc the busiest times for this forum are when theta something to be excited about.

go **** yourself
Posted via Mobile Device

Fish 05-16-2013 10:21 AM

DBowe, after a year with Alice Smith throwing the ball....

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/7...4displayim.jpg

SAUTO 05-16-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

So just because they are a new regime we should all just shut up?

You go first...

we should be able to bitch when we don't agree with the decisions made. new regime or not
Posted via Mobile Device