ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 2013 NFL Sunday Ticket + Alternatives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274177)

CaliforniaChief 08-03-2013 10:58 AM

Ok, here's my story. (I did start this thread.)

Really, my goal was to save money. Our Direct Bill was near $100. I was looking to go to U-verse and just save money, but their deal was no deal when I dove into the details.

So initially, after hitting the cancellation button, I was sent to retention and the lady offered to cut my bill by $20 for a year, and $15 for 15 months. That brought me down to about $65, which was acceptable. Then, she realizes that I've been paying for a receiver I don't have for 24 months (yes I missed that), and she credits me back the $6 x 24 months, giving me a credit that now puts my bill at +$90.

Oh yeah, then she asks if I still like football and proceeds to give me the regular Sunday Ticket as long as I agree to a 1 year commitment.

Uh, yes please. :D

rockymtnchief 08-03-2013 11:39 AM

Just bought a new house and scheduled my Directv move for next Thursday. I told them I'd be dropping HBO, Starz, and NFLST. The gal dropped my HBO and Starz and then told me she'd give me NFLST for free if I agreed to a one year contract.:toast:

lewdog 08-03-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 9855615)
Just bought a new house and scheduled my Directv move for next Thursday. I told them I'd be dropping HBO, Starz, and NFLST. The gal dropped my HBO and Starz and then told me she'd give me NFLST for free if I agreed to a one year contract.:toast:

Did you have to pay to move the service? How long have you been a customer?

rockymtnchief 08-03-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9855618)
Did you have to pay to move the service? How long have you been a customer?

$19.95 for the move.

I've been with them since (iirc) 1996.

Bwana 08-03-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 9855615)

My neighbors just moved and left their dish which is still there. Perhaps we could get you an even better deal? :)

rockymtnchief 08-03-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9855677)
My neighbors just moved and left their dish which is still there. Perhaps we could get you an even better deal? :)

Up until two years ago, I did my own installs with my dish I bought back in '96. When I moved here I couldn't get it tuned in. (I'd tuned mine in 15+ times with no problem) I'm gonna let them do this one. Thanks anyway!;)

In58men 08-03-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9853697)
I sat through the Herm, Haley, and Crennel eras. I sure the **** am not missing out now.

We're in the same boat. Some dumbasses don't know how to save money. I've been putting back little by little. I've had it saved since March.

Bwana 08-03-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 9855691)
Up until two years ago, I did my own installs with my dish I bought back in '96. When I moved here I couldn't get it tuned in. (I'd tuned mine in 15+ times with no problem) I'm gonna let them do this one. Thanks anyway!;)

I don't blame you! :D

Pasta Little Brioni 08-03-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9855699)
We're in the same boat. Some dumbasses don't know how to save money. I've been putting back little by little. I've had it saved since March.

Cut back on Slim Jim's and Mickey D's and you are gold. Though sometimes being debt free leads to nice little splurges you don't have to save for :)

The Bad Guy 08-25-2013 04:58 PM

I'm doing what I thought was unthinkable. I canceled my DirecTV service. The fact that I've gotten about 200 dollars in discounts over the last year and them telling me that I'm over the discount threshold when I spend over 150 on average each month just sent me over the edge.

My brother spends 80 a month and gets Sunday Ticket, Sunday Ticket max, 200 dollar visa gift card, 2 months of premium movie channels, a genie upgrade and genie to go and he was under contract another year and a half. The fact that they wouldn't extend a single discount when I threatened to cancel to the retention supervisor made my decision for me.

**** DirecTV.

DaFace 08-25-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9914958)
I'm doing what I thought was unthinkable. I canceled my DirecTV service. The fact that I've gotten about 200 dollars in discounts over the last year and them telling me that I'm over the discount threshold when I spend over 150 on average each month just sent me over the edge.

My brother spends 80 a month and gets Sunday Ticket, Sunday Ticket max, 200 dollar visa gift card, 2 months of premium movie channels, a genie upgrade and genie to go and he was under contract another year and a half. The fact that they wouldn't extend a single discount when I threatened to cancel to the retention supervisor made my decision for me.

**** DirecTV.

That's really bizarre. I wonder WTF is in their algorithm that is preventing them from budging at all.

The Bad Guy 08-25-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9915021)
That's really bizarre. I wonder WTF is in their algorithm that is preventing them from budging at all.

I have no idea. I subscribe to the Premier package, never missed a payment, have 5 receivers.

I asked that question and was told that my discounts exceeded the amount allowed. I had a freaking 10 dollar discount and a 6 dollars Starz discount this year and that was it.

The Starz is still on the account, but they can't give it to me because I'm over what they determine is the max.

The supervisor said I was over the 200 limit for the account for the year. I told them they just gave 200 dollars to my brother in a Visa gift card so they could save that bullshit.

Hard to believe I won't have DirecTV for the first time in 16 years.

O.city 08-25-2013 05:39 PM

Go with ATT, it's better.

The Bad Guy 08-25-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9915047)
Go with ATT, it's better.

Isn't offered in my area.

My options are Comcast (gag), Dish (gag). I haven't made my final decision on who to switch to yet.

O.city 08-25-2013 05:51 PM

Dish isn't terrible, but those options are pretty meh.

I love the Uverse though.