ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Girl buys water, spends night in jail (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274202)

Just Passin' By 06-30-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9785431)
Wait, let me check with my fellow shills at NSA and CIA, and get back to you on that. In the interim, how exactly am I being a dumb ass on this topic?

I think the girls over-reacted, yes. The agents? Perhaps, but I'll reserve judgment on that.

Heck, the girls have admitted that already. They were spooked over hearing the scary rape stories earlier that day. The weird part is that the female agent approached them first and they didn't cooperate with her.

Quote:

Charlottesville Commonwealth's Attorney Dave Chapman read Daly's account and said it was factually consistent.
http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/bo...9bb30f31a.html

Quit being a douchebag. The cops charged the woman with 3 felonies. The PA not only isn't prosecuting the case, he's saying that the woman's story is true. Even the PA is making it clear that the cops screwed up.

Raiderhater 06-30-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9785566)
What are the chances this was a drug bust in booze clothing?

Highly unlikely. State ABCs are chaged with enforcing state alcohol laws only.

Donger 06-30-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9785572)
I didn't really think you were.

Good.

-King- 06-30-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9785521)
http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/lo...9bb30f31a.html

ABC spokeswoman Kathleen Shaw said in the agency statement released Friday afternoon that agents were working the area that night, concentrating on underage possession enforcement. Shaw said a female agent saw "what appeared to be an underage person in possession of what appeared to be a case of beer."

"The agent identified herself as a police officer and was displaying her badge," the statement said.

"Other agents did not join the incident until the subject refused to cooperate," ABC said. "Rather than comply with the officers' requests, the subject drove off, striking two officers."

"The agents were acting upon reasonable suspicion," the statement added.

LMAO No way she's biased...

Donger 06-30-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9785574)
http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/bo...9bb30f31a.html

Quit being a douchebag. The cops charged the woman with 3 felonies. The PA not only isn't prosecuting the case, he's saying that the woman's story is true. Even the PA is making it clear that the cops screwed up.

I don't think you can reach that conclusion based on what we have right now, sorry.

Donger 06-30-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9785604)
LMAO No way she's biased...

Meh. Just one side of the story, sure.

suzzer99 06-30-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9785558)
dumb cops literally trained to spot alcohol. Zero chance they f up this badly.

Look at the picture and story, in a plastic bag that looks exactly like a 12 pack of beer. They may not have been familiar with the coloring of that brand as much as say Coke or Dr Pepper or something that would've easily shown through a plastic bag.

Definitely the cops were idiots in every part of this, which is why I'm sure they're more than happy to let the girl go without charges even though she struck officers with her car.

Just Passin' By 06-30-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9785606)
I don't think you can reach that conclusion based on what we have right now, sorry.

Do you think the PA is lying?

crazycoffey 07-01-2013 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9785160)
Great job, CrazyCoffey.

And you think gay jokes are unimaginative?

alnorth 07-01-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9785549)
Literally nobody is going to buy their account of mistaking water for beer. I wonder what they were really up to.

This was not one of those shrink-wrapped cases of water. It was a carton that apparently looks just like a 12-pack from a distance.

mikey23545 07-01-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9785992)
This was not one of those shrink-wrapped cases of water. It was a carton that apparently looks just like a 12-pack from a distance.

Ah...They should have come out firing, then, to protect the laws of the State...

alnorth 07-01-2013 09:15 AM

This girl is very, very lucky that it would have looked politically bad for the prosecutor to move ahead. She was a panicky overreacting idiot who deserved to suffer SOME kind of consequence for hitting them with her car.

The story in the OP might give you the impression that 7 people approached with guns drawn yelling, but thats not what happened. One female agent approached with a badge out, and she refused to comply.

If you are going to ignore a cop and flee, of course they are calling in backup and of course someone will have a gun out.

This whole "well, people can get a fake badge and impersonate a cop" excuse is crap. If one plainclothes female cop shows you a badge and wants to talk, you should be mindful of your civil rights, but at least be calm and listen to them.

Garcia Bronco 07-01-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9785992)

Doesn't matter. Look since I know about all of you have never spent any time in that town like me, this kind of behavior from police is over the line. This could have been handled so much better with a little common sense. There is no need to have armed guards chasing down 12 packs of 3.2 beer in that town with that kind of veracity.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

alnorth 07-01-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 9785999)
Doesn't matter. Look since I know about all of you have never spent any time in that town like me, this kind of behavior from police is over the line. This could have been handled so much better with a little common sense. There is no need to have armed guards chasing down 12 packs of 3.2 beer in that town with that kind of veracity.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

It was one cop, showing her badge, wanting to talk. That is not overreacting.

Once she decided to ignore the cop and leave, it is game on. The act of trying to evade a cop is probable cause to presume they are wanted or carrying something they shouldn't. (drugs, weapons, warrants, etc)

Raiderhater 07-01-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9786004)
It was one cop, showing her badge, wanting to talk. That is not overreacting.

Once she decided to ignore the cop and leave, it is game on. The act of trying to evade a cop is probable cause to presume they are wanted or carrying something they shouldn't. (drugs, weapons, warrants, etc)

That is the agency's side of the story. One side is lying. And with charges dropped and the city attorney claiming the young woman's account to be factual, it seems a bit naive to just take agency at their word.

As is usually the case, the truth is probably some where in the middle.