ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Lord of the Rings: Shadow of Mordor (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278534)

bishop_74 10-10-2014 12:12 PM

I got it last night. Reminds me of a more in depth version of Batman. I am enjoying the story so far. Story is way more engaging and complete than Destiny. I am a little pissed I bought Destiny at full price.

hometeam 10-10-2014 01:23 PM

I have been slaughtering the **** out of orcs. The problem is, im so good at the combat that I am not getting killed but a couple of times, so the nemesis system isnt getting much love in my game.

Maybe I should turn off combat prompts~

Aspengc8 10-10-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10999578)
I have been slaughtering the **** out of orcs. The problem is, im so good at the combat that I am not getting killed but a couple of times, so the nemesis system isnt getting much love in my game.

Maybe I should turn off combat prompts~

I turned off the button prompts, it still alerts you with that little mark above their head, but feels cleaner like that. Feels like im creating my own LOTR movie.
I'm only about 7% into the game and loving it.

allen_kcCard 10-10-2014 03:11 PM

Anyone have it on xbox 360? Wondering if the game works well there, and if you can tell if the watered down nemesis seems to be a big loss.

I can't really afford to drop $400 on an xbox one right now, but think this game looks good.

Garcia Bronco 10-10-2014 03:17 PM

Its this any good...what game is it like? Is it an RPG? Or like Assassins Creed?

hometeam 10-10-2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 10999819)
Its this any good...what game is it like? Is it an RPG? Or like Assassins Creed?

It is like an upgraded version of the Arkham combat, world, and ledges, with AC parkour movement mixed in.

The same company which made Arkham made this game, however, a developer who wrote the movement code for Assassins Creed 2 came out and said he believes WB blatantly stole his code for the movement portion.

I don't really GAF, the game is tons of fun.

Jerm 10-11-2014 02:38 PM

Picking this up after the game on PS4...can't wait...

hometeam 10-12-2014 07:03 AM

If you guys dont watch twitch, you should really think about it.

This guy tangent http://www.twitch.tv/tangentgaming has been branding warchiefs and making them duel for bets etc, he makes it so ****ing fun you cant help but have a great time watching it. Will be pretty much going all day on SOM

Setsuna 10-12-2014 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10999925)
It is like an upgraded version of the Arkham combat, world, and ledges, with AC parkour movement mixed in.

The same company which made Arkham made this game, however, a developer who wrote the movement code for Assassins Creed 2 came out and said he believes WB blatantly stole his code for the movement portion.

Except the nemesis system is revolutionary.

Valiant 10-12-2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10999925)

Did he say Arkham games steal it also?

Sounds like a sour grapes, see the way this person walks? They copied it, I am the only one to code a person walking this way.

hometeam 10-12-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 11009519)
Did he say Arkham games stole it also?

Sounds like a sour grapes, see the way this person walks? They copied it, I am the only one to code a person walking this way.

Well the Arkham games didnt have quite the same parkour movement system, there is a pretty big difference.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/for.../1100-6417307/

Jerm 10-13-2014 04:50 PM

Man this game is addicting...so much fun.

The Nemesis system is a game changer and it makes me think just how it could be implemented into other games...

Ragged Robin 10-13-2014 06:54 PM

about to pick this up later this week.. I just wish there was more options to customize your character in terms of armor/stats/appearance, etc.. maybe in the sequel

Fish 10-20-2014 09:15 AM

This game is pretty fascinating. But so far it feels like all I'm managing to do is assist a bunch of weak reeruned orcs in their quest for military promotion. Having a hard time with getting mobbed... All the guys I need to go after are in a stronghold, and I can't manage to fight them without the alarms going off and 20 other asshole orcs circling up and launching arrows at me.

lcarus 10-20-2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 11032950)
This game is pretty fascinating. But so far it feels like all I'm managing to do is assist a bunch of weak reeruned orcs in their quest for military promotion. Having a hard time with getting mobbed... All the guys I need to go after are in a stronghold, and I can't manage to fight them without the alarms going off and 20 other asshole orcs circling up and launching arrows at me.

Yeah I was having the same issue. Then I just started picking my spots and my fights a little better since I'm not upgraded enough yet. I try to stealth around the strongholds and find one of my targets in a vulnerable position.

Then again sometimes I do just take on 100 of them.