ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   2014 NFL Combine - Players - The TEs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281612)

planetdoc 03-12-2014 09:12 AM

Here are the TE that I would be comfortable with the chiefs drafting:
Ebron, Eric
Fiedorowicz, C.J.
Leonard, A.C.
Lyerla, Colt

Here are TE I want more info on (pro day):
Blanchflower, Rob
Duncan, Joe Don
Jacobs, Nic
Seferian-Jenkins, Austin
Tialavea, D.J.

htismaqe 03-12-2014 09:19 AM

Colt Lyerla, **** no.

planetdoc 03-12-2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10483432)
Colt Lyerla, **** no.

why not? he has big time ability, and should be available for a late round pick. High reward and low risk.

If he keeps his nose straight (pun intended) he could be in line for a big time contract after his cheap rookie contract. That should be plenty incentive. Maybe Andy Reid can use his experiences to provide leadership and guidance to a troubled and talented young man.

htismaqe 03-12-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 10483554)
why not? he has big time ability, and should be available for a late round pick. High reward and low risk.

If he keeps his nose straight (pun intended) he could be in line for a big time contract after his cheap rookie contract. That should be plenty incentive. Maybe Andy Reid can use his experiences to provide leadership and guidance to a troubled and talented young man.

We don't need developmental bullshit.

We need an impact player at TE right now.

planetdoc 03-12-2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10484352)
We don't need developmental bullshit.

We need an impact player at TE right now.

than you probably want someone in free agency and not the draft. Its going to take awhile for a rookie to get up to speed to the NFL game as well as learning Andy Reid's large and complex playbook.

htismaqe 03-12-2014 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 10484360)
than you probably want someone in free agency and not the draft. Its going to take awhile for a rookie to get up to speed to the NFL game as well as learning Andy Reid's large and complex playbook.

Ebron and Amaro could provide immediate impact in spots and be fully ready to go by year 2.

Besides, lets not sit here and pretend that Lyerla's only problems are developmental.

There's no reason to be interested in a guy like that at all.

planetdoc 03-12-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10484394)
Ebron and Amaro could provide immediate impact in spots and be fully ready to go by year 2.

1. thats an assumption.
2. you never defined what "impact" exactly is.
3. Amaro was used more as a slot wr than a TE. He has a big learning curve.
4. Here is a list of the receiving #s for rookie TE Low draft pick TE made a "bigger impact" than the early draft picks.

Quote:

Besides, lets not sit here and pretend that Lyerla's only problems are developmental.

1. you are the only one in this conversation using the term "developmental." Please re-read your posts and my posts.

2. I have already alluded to his drug problem (cocaine) and said I expect him to be a late draft pick.

Quote:

he is very athletic and a good receiving TE. If you only judge a person by prior drug history and not on the individual himself, than the chiefs would have missed out on Justin houston. Current chiefs such as Hali and Bowe have also had run-ins with the law from use of illegal drugs.

htismaqe 03-12-2014 01:38 PM

ROFL

As if marijuana is anything at all like cocaine.

planetdoc 03-12-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10484436)
ROFL

they are both federally illegal in the U.S.
one is a schedule 1 drug while the other is schedule II in the U.S.

as if you are able to justify your opinions with anything other than emoticons. ROFL

htismaqe 03-12-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 10484454)
they are both federally illegal in the U.S.
one is a schedule 1 drug while the other is schedule II in the U.S.

as if you are able to justify your opinions with anything other than emoticons. ROFL

They have completely different metabolic and psychoactive effects and the people that use them have completely different behavior profiles.

I use emoticons because there aren't any crayons here. I have to keep it simple for you.

planetdoc 03-12-2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10484467)
They have completely different metabolic and psychoactive effects and the people that use them have completely different behavior profiles.

yes, but your statement shown below is still clearly wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10484436)
ROFL

you are speaking in absolutes. that is incorrect.

Although there have been players with cocaine problems who were unsuccessful in the NFL, there have been others who have been very successful such as Dan Marino.

you are nieve if you think that their is not drug use (other than marijuana) in the NFL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10484467)
I use emoticons because there aren't any crayons here. I have to keep it simple for you.

please go ahead and use crayons on your screen.

Sorter 03-12-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 10484499)
yes, but your statement shown below is still clearly wrong.

you are speaking in absolutes. that is incorrect.

Although there have been players with cocaine problems who were unsuccessful in the NFL, there have been others who have been very successful such as Dan Marino.

you are nieve if you think that their is not drug use (other than marijuana) in the NFL.

please go ahead and use crayons on your screen.

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads...ust-gif-12.gif

Saccopoo 03-12-2014 09:52 PM

Quote:

Amaro looked freaking horrible at the combine. Just flat bad. Couldn't catch anything and really didn't look good on his breaks.

I'm more than satisfied going ahead with Kelce versus drafting a potentially worse alternative in Amaro when there is a hell of a lot more need at WR, OL, DL, DB.

htismaqe 03-12-2014 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10486316)
Amaro looked freaking horrible at the combine. Just flat bad. Couldn't catch anything and really didn't look good on his breaks.

One bad workout doesn't erase the entirety of his college body of work.

I remember when people said "he got creamed at the Senior Bowl" about Tamba Hali.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10486316)
I'm more than satisfied going ahead with Kelce versus drafting a potentially worse alternative in Amaro when there is a hell of a lot more need at WR, OL, DL, DB.

Potentially LIGHT YEARS better, too. Don't forget that.

planetdoc 03-29-2014 10:32 AM

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...-day-takeaways
Ebron's case of the dropsies.

Quote:

The top question with North Carolina's Eric Ebron isn't whether or not he's the top tight end in this class (he is). The better question is how high will he go? Already viewed as a possible top-10 pick, he had a chance to help himself even more at his pro day in Chapel Hill, but a few drops were the lasting image for several in attendance.

Ebron is a special athlete with impressive tools for the position, but on tape he isn't the most reliable finisher with inconsistent focus, making some of the toughest catches look easy, but too many routine ones hit the ground. And his pro day backed up what he showed on film – awesome potential due to his athleticism, developing strength and overall attitude, but he needs some seasoning to his game to help with the inconsistency issues. Nonetheless, Ebron did nothing at his pro day to dissuade teams from not taking him in the first half of round one.