ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Cops & Homeless Man (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282546)

Otter 03-25-2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10515111)
These are the mother****ers committing crimes.. And then they're the ones doing the investigations of the very crimes that they committed.

"Skilled daggersmen"? "Throwing the knife"? LMAO LMAO LMAO

Can someone point to me an instance where a knife was effectively thrown outside of a Rambo or cheesy 80s karate movie? Usually agree with you CC but not here.

Was the gut disorderly camping and minding his business too loudly? Open to more info but what's been presented is murder.

jd1020 03-25-2014 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 10515746)
Can someone point to me an instance where a knife was effectively thrown outside of a Rambo or cheesy 80s karate movie? Usually agree with you CC but not here.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bx5ngpW3TsY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TheUte 03-25-2014 01:41 PM

I have some friends who are Police officers and We have talked about how much the risk their lives everyday.

But that is ****ing pathetic. All of the Officers in that situation overreacted and at the very least need to lose their badges and possibly be charged criminally.

That was just awful, sickening.

Pablo 03-25-2014 01:46 PM

Just do whatever is asked of you by police officers.

Because they may kill you if you don't.

Good rule to follow with some of the whack jobs you'll encounter on the streets and in uniform.

big_lebowski33 03-25-2014 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tacoman (Post 10515411)
This doesn't seem relevant to me...

How many feet is the rule when you have 7+ cops with guns drawn, pointed at perp, with hammers cocked already? Probably more like 2.1 feet in my imagination. I think It is not an easy job being a cop, they really do provide a lot more than people like to give them credit for. That being said, this video seems like straight up murder to me.

What's the deal with the guy who keeps plugging him while he is motionless face down on the ground? Gotta make sure to finish the job, or what? In my mind there is not a rational reason to continue to shoot the guy at that point.

Also... People talking about how you have to make split second decisions and how that makes it more complicated, Isn't the whole point of the training to put you in a position to act intelligently in a situation like this? The whole situation could have been handled differently imo. The tazer supposedly doesn't work all the time. Ok, but couldn't they have at least TRIED IT before just rushing him with dogs and guns?

It is irrelevant for this situation.

Donger 03-25-2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsNow (Post 10514247)
I ****ing hate cops. Think they are the law.

Huh? They ARE the law, at least the enforcers of it.

Just Passin' By 03-25-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10516263)
Huh? They ARE the law, at least the enforcers of it.

:shake:

One is not the same as the other.

Donger 03-25-2014 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10516273)
:shake:

One is not the same as the other.

Tell me, if no one enforces the law, what is the point of having them?

Just Passin' By 03-25-2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10516283)

No, you tell me. If the cop is the law, why do we need legislatures and judges?

Otter 03-25-2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10516283)

You're a pretty logical guy Donger. Tell me, what would have been the outcome if they didn't shoot him? There was a canine there and what 3 or 4 officers with weapons drawn on him.

I'm an owner of a 90 pound German Sheppard. If that dog didn't respect me and look at me as a pack leader it would chew me head off without hesitation. They are killers, no respect but for what they know and teach them.

That guy never stood a chance from the get go. It wasn't OK to just shoot him. And yes, I do want to know more about what he was doing and why cops with guns drawn were there in the first place.

Donger 03-25-2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10516304)
No, you tell me. If the cop is the law, why do we need legislatures and judges?

I was actually thinking of Pee Wee Herman when I wrote that:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/b5s9lMzMhAU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and why I then also wrote "at least the enforcers of it."

Donger 03-25-2014 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 10516329)
You're a pretty logical guy Donger. Tell me, what would have been the outcome if they didn't shoot him? There was a canine there and what 3 or 4 officers with weapons drawn on him.

I'm an owner of a 90 pound German Sheppard. If that dog didn't respect me and look at me as a pack leader it would chew me head off without hesitation.

That guy never stood a chance from the get go. It wasn't OK to just shoot him. And yes, I do want to know more about what he was doing and why cops with guns drawn were there in the first place.

I can think of many different outcomes. Sure, I suppose they could have waited another three hours until he feel asleep or something. I suppose the cops could have just left. I suppose the vagrant could have just complied with the lawful orders of the law enforcement officers.

Johnny Vegas 03-25-2014 04:02 PM

because you deserve to have ar-15's pointed at you for illegal camping.

Otter 03-25-2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10516344)
I can think of many different outcomes. Sure, I suppose they could have waited another three hours until he feel asleep or something. I suppose the cops could have just left. I suppose the vagrant could have just complied with the lawful orders of the law enforcement officers.

No offense Donger and I know this is a worn out line but "just following orders" was worn out in Nuremberg. If you find that acceptable with the evidence presented to you we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Until we both can answer "what did he do to deserve that" I think you're talking shit.

Can't agree with ya here.

Donger 03-25-2014 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 10516373)
No offense Donger and I know this is a worn out line but "just following orders" was worn out in Nuremberg. If you find that acceptable with the evidence presented to you we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Until we both can answer "what did he do to deserve that" I think you're talking shit.

Can't agree with ya here.

I think it's an extremely unfortunate outcome. If this were an example of the cops showing up and immediately taking aggressive action, I would probably feel differently. They were there for three hours and the situation still wasn't resolved.

You don't think that they should have just left, right?