ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Will never, EVER, use FedEx again... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282954)

Predarat 04-16-2014 11:57 AM

I have had similar problems but with UPS. With FedEx I have learned to get the shipping number and instruct them to leave it at a local Kinko's and I can pick the package up at my convenience for free. They are not 24 hours but open really early and close really late.

ptlyon 04-16-2014 11:59 AM

Wait - you eat McDonalds?

Predarat 04-16-2014 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 10566383)
Wait - you eat McDonalds?

Sometimes, only when they have cool stuff in their happy meal or I get a craving for a BigMac/McNuggets, their fries, and Orange Drink. It doesn't happen very often though. Actually their Sausage Biscuits and Hash Browns make a pretty damn good quick breakfast.

ptlyon 04-16-2014 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 10566398)
Sometimes, only when they have cool stuff in their happy meal or I get a craving for a BigMac/McNuggets, their fries, and Orange Drink. It doesn't happen very often though. Actually their Sausage Biscuits and Hash Browns make a pretty damn good looking toilet shrapnel.

FYP ;)

Bowser 04-16-2014 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10566225)
I worked at UPS unloading trailers. JFC, that job was NON STOP from the time you clocked in, until you clocked out.

insanity.

Yeah, those part timers earn every measly penny given to them. Especially in the hot months.

GloryDayz 04-16-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 10566379)
I have had similar problems but with UPS. With FedEx I have learned to get the shipping number and instruct them to leave it at a local Kinko's and I can pick the package up at my convenience for free. They are not 24 hours but open really early and close really late.

That's very useful information. How do you do that on something like an eBay purchase?

tooge 04-16-2014 01:39 PM

You have a PS3 and eat McDonalds? How old are you?

GloryDayz 04-16-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 10566660)
You have a PS3 and eat McDonalds? How old are you?

You old snob! :thumb:

Predarat 04-16-2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10566637)
That's very useful information. How do you do that on something like an eBay purchase?

It depends on how good the seller is on giving you tracking info, and if they use FedEx, UPS, or the normal Post Office. Sometimes you can contact the seller before hand and they will be willing to let you pick the shipping service if you win the auction. But once you get the tracking number you can usually get it to a Kinkos station the same day it would come to your home.

GloryDayz 04-16-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 10566706)
It depends on how good the seller is on giving you tracking info, and if they use FedEx, UPS, or the normal Post Office. Sometimes you can contact the seller before hand and they will be willing to let you pick the shipping service if you win the auction. But once you get the tracking number you can usually get it to a Kinkos station the same day it would come to your home.

It's been years since I bid on an item, I either buy-it-now or don't need it I guess. LOL, like my sex life!

Anyway, when I "buy it now", since you usually already know how the seller will be shipping it (I think), at that point would a simple send the seller a message and tell them that if FedEx I'd like the item shipped to my local Kinkos and give the address? Can I possibly setup Kinkos as a possible delivery address so when I know it's going to be FedEx (if I know) I can take out the asking part?

Steron 04-16-2014 02:38 PM

I always have stuff shipped to my work. That way there's always somebody to sign for it.

Predarat 04-16-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10566721)
It's been years since I bid on an item, I either buy-it-now or don't need it I guess. LOL, like my sex life!

Anyway, when I "buy it now", since you usually already know how the seller will be shipping it (I think), at that point would a simple send the seller a message and tell them that if FedEx I'd like the item shipped to my local Kinkos and give the address? Can I possibly setup Kinkos as a possible delivery address so when I know it's going to be FedEx (if I know) I can take out the asking part?

I have never tried that but it sounds like a good idea. Should have thought of that lol.

listopencil 04-19-2014 12:40 AM

http://m1.behance.net/rendition/modu...aa25c87c91.png

GloryDayz 04-19-2014 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10572586)

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Harsh!