ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc NO SMOKING!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283772)

A Salt Weapon 05-19-2014 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 10638076)
I think if you're hauling over 900lbs you have to have a hazmat driver drive the truck. Something like that.

Close, typically 1001# and up is what defines a reportable quantity. Not 100% if that applies to fireworks but it applies to 90% of haz mat under CFR, there are some substances that have reportable quantities less than that, but those are rarer, pretty sure fireworks fall under explosives 1.4 (ammo,powder,etc).

htismaqe 05-19-2014 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 10638183)
We now have electronic panels like that for C-Class,you can sit in your chair with your drink and push 1 button for your entire show.

Hell yes.

That would be a lot safer than lighting off mortars by hand like we do.

Everybody knows that those things tip over, right?

Our solution was to pre-screw all of the mortar tubes to a 2x12 and set it up on sawhorses.

Unfortunately, if the shell fails to launch or gets stuck in the tube, instead of the tube falling over and getting blasted away, the tube STAYS RIGHT WHERE IT IS and explodes instantly. :D

Dayze 05-19-2014 10:06 AM

there's a guy that lives behind my in-laws in Raymore who, I swear, must spend a few thousand dollars on fireworks. he's shooting them off all weekend. like, the BIG ones. we just sit out on the deck and drink beer and watch. there's just the two big back yards that back up to one another, and a small creek so we can see them light off. he probably has one of those electronic panels.

also, the folks in Raymore do not **** around with their fireworks. it's crazy

A Salt Weapon 05-19-2014 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 10638175)
I had some teenagers come in last year and bought all my roman candles and when I asked what they were doing they said they tied a bunch of them together and played Scarface,"Say ello to my 'lil friend!"

Growing up we would have roman candle wars, unsafe as hell but a lot of fun. Usually one or two of us would end up with minor burns.
Stand about 20' away from each other and shoot the candles at each other, first one hit loses.

htismaqe 05-19-2014 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10638191)
there's a guy that lives behind my in-laws in Raymore who, I swear, must spend a few thousand dollars on fireworks. he's shooting them off all weekend. like, the BIG ones. we just sit out on the deck and drink beer and watch. there's just the two big back yards that back up to one another, and a small creek so we can see them light off. he probably has one of those electronic panels.

My father-n-law (God rest his soul) used to spend $2000-$2500 every year when you counted the free stuff they threw in. I mean, he went in there once a year and yet they knew him by name and had a cart already started for him when we got there.

We had a couple of years where people from in town came out and parked on our road to watch our fireworks because they were just as good as the town's.

A Salt Weapon 05-19-2014 10:10 AM

We also made a rocket launcher out of ABS to shoot mortars, was pretty fun until I had one detonate in the tube on my shoulder. I couldn't hear for about two days out of my right ear and had some burns on my shoulder and back.
In hindsight that was a pretty stupid idea and I'm really lucky it didnt go way worse.

Dayze 05-19-2014 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 10638201)
Raymore must be like North Lawrence. There is always a thick (well used to be, god damn hippies) haze of firework smoke every 4th over there.

yep. the smoke was everywhere. looked like a fog, and we had to drive a bit slower.

BryanBusby 05-19-2014 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10638191)

Yeah people here take fireworks very seriously.

Nzoner 05-19-2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10638189)
Hell yes.

That would be a lot safer than lighting off mortars by hand like we do.

Everybody knows that those things tip over, right?

Our solution was to pre-screw all of the mortar tubes to a 2x12 and set it up on sawhorses.

Unfortunately, if the shell fails to launch or gets stuck in the tube, instead of the tube falling over and getting blasted away, the tube STAYS RIGHT WHERE IT IS and explodes instantly. :D

I've got a mortar called Supernova that is A+ but I tell every customer if they get a package to use a cinder block so the tube doesn't tip because if it does and goes into your crowd somebody is going to die.

Dayze 05-19-2014 10:26 AM

"somebody is going to die" lol

htismaqe 05-19-2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10638241)

ROFL

George Liquor 05-19-2014 10:28 AM

I bought some quad-break shells a few years ago and the propellant charge could barely get them out of the tube. We had a few that shot about 15' in the air before they blew up.

Pretty damn dangerous.

Fish 05-19-2014 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10638241)

Merica! **** yeah!

http://reveriehound.com/wp-content/u...b60e9IS6Ph.jpg

rtmike 05-19-2014 11:34 AM

May I ask how much on the "Spicey Hot"?

Do you ship? Or is that a no-no?

Molitoth 05-19-2014 12:45 PM

Mini bash with htismaqe and OTWP? I'll be right over.