ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto For sale (sniffle). Apricot BMW. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285673)

Frosty 08-14-2014 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 10817716)
Isn't the apricot BMW an official car of Chiefs Planet? Are you even allowed to sell it?

Only if he sells it to another Planet member.

Tombstone RJ 08-14-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10817005)
I have to admit. I've never understood car bras.

they help prevent rock chips from happening on the front of the car when you drive it around. Some cars come with a factory option to put a plastic see through bra over the clear coat to prevent chipping.

Frosty 08-14-2014 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10817821)
they help prevent rock chips from happening on the front of the car when you drive it around. Some cars come with a factory option to put a plastic see through bra over the clear coat to prevent chipping.

They can scratch the shit out of your paint, too, especially if you get sand or a small rock under them. That doesn't happen with the clear, obviously.

Tombstone RJ 08-14-2014 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 10817827)
They can scratch the shit out of your paint, too, especially if you get sand or a small rock under them. That doesn't happen with the clear, obviously.

yep, you should never leave the car bra on full time. You put it on when you want to drive it, especially on long trips, then you take it off at night, make sure it's clean, then put it back on in the morning. If you use it right, it works fantastic. If you are lazy and just leave it on, it does more harm than good IMHO because it traps dirt and moisture and ultimately screws up the paint because the paint that is not covered by the bra fades while the paint under the bra stays the same color, thus creating a very bad overall look.

RNR 08-14-2014 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 10817538)
The only love affair I have ever had with a car was my first one, which I bought in HS - 1970 Cutlass Supreme. It looked a lot like this:
http://static.cargurus.com/images/si...-pic-2185.jpeg

A lot of first's happened in that car:D Beyond that, I've never given a shit about cars. They are transportation only. Granted, I like having a new car every so often, but there's no emotional attachment.

A close friend bought a Cutlass 442 in high school. He still owns it. I honestly don't think he would sell unless offered ridiculous money. He has owned since 1977~

Bearcat 08-14-2014 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 10817716)
Isn't the apricot BMW an official car of Chiefs Planet? Are you even allowed to sell it?

Can't believe it's been 12 years, it's like I've grown up with that car.

ChiTown 08-14-2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNR (Post 10817855)
A close friend bought a Cutlass 442 in high school. He still owns it. I honestly don't think he would sell unless offered ridiculous money. He has owned since 1977~

When I sell my company in a few years, I will be buying something that looks very close to this:

http://gomotors.net/pics/Oldsmobile/...tible-01.jpg?i

BIG_DADDY 08-14-2014 10:46 AM

The key is the right mechanic. I have a cayenne s and an M3. I got both at a great price. If you don't mind going a little older since you don't put a lot of miles on cars I would highly suggest those. Cayenne hasn't changed all that much over the years so you can get a lot of bang for the buck. X1 is just too small. My wife LOVES that Cayenne S. That's the real danger, she will never want anything else.

Dave Lane 08-14-2014 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 10817929)
The key is the right mechanic. I have a cayenne s and an M3. I got both at a great price. If you don't mind going a little older since you don't put a lot of miles on cars I would highly suggest those. Cayenne hasn't changed all that much over the years so you can get a lot of bang for the buck. X1 is just too small. My wife LOVES that Cayenne S. That's the real danger, she will never want anything else.

Troy! Long time no see, good to see you around.

BIG_DADDY 08-14-2014 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 10818240)
Troy! Long time no see, good to see you around.

Tons of big real life things happening now. I don't anticipate being able to come up for air much over the next year or so. I appreciate the sentiment though.

I will get back to you on the picture soon. I really love your work.

Iowanian 08-14-2014 03:00 PM

I've purchased every car I've owned through a wholesaler, with the exception of brideowanian's current luxury ride.

No use paying new price, have that wholesale friend take your list of requirements along to auctions and eventually you'll get a call with what you want, at a superior price....the ones the lots pay plus commission.

Also, if you really love your current car and are only selling it due to yearly expenses......put it in storage state.

Dayze 08-14-2014 03:08 PM

My first car was an 85, 442. Pristine. Bought it in 93 from a guy for 3500 as he worked with my dad and was going through a killer divorce. Fun car. Slow as shit but fun. Love to own another.

Amnorix 08-14-2014 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 10818837)
I've purchased every car I've owned through a wholesaler, with the exception of brideowanian's current luxury ride.

No use paying new price, have that wholesale friend take your list of requirements along to auctions and eventually you'll get a call with what you want, at a superior price....the ones the lots pay plus commission.

Also, if you really love your current car and are only selling it due to yearly expenses......put it in storage state.

err....how does one find a wholesaler, or do you just happen to know one. A good friend to have, no doubt...

Iowanian 08-14-2014 03:24 PM

You just need to make friends with a used car dealer or someone who can go to the auctions. The key is to be patient and give them enough time to find what you want, not care if one little thing isn't right....and reward them for their time.

BIG_DADDY 08-14-2014 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 10817927)
When I sell my company in a few years, I will be buying something that looks very close to this:

http://gomotors.net/pics/Oldsmobile/...tible-01.jpg?i

When I sell mine I am going to pick up a Shelby Cobra. I have wanted one of those forever. I don't care if it's original, I just want the most bad ass one I can find.