ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News No Charges in Wal-Mart BB Gun Shooting (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=286844)

listopencil 09-24-2014 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10945539)
Ahh, this almost is like the one anti-gunner said he would go around saying people were threatening people with a gun to get a lethal response.

If this person lied to 911 and the officer came in expecting a threat, he needs to be charged. And it is sad the cop was let go without punishment. His decision making should not be on the force.

I agree.

stanleychief 09-24-2014 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10945539)
Ahh, this almost is like the one anti-gunner said he would go around saying people were threatening people with a gun to get a lethal response.

If this person lied to 911 and the officer came in expecting a threat, he needs to be charged. And it is sad the cop was let go without punishment. His decision making should not be on the force.

In that Slate article you had quoted, I see the following gem at the bottom: "Officers say Crawford ignored orders to drop the BB gun. A representative of Crawford's family says that Crawford may not even have been aware of officers' presence before they began firing."

Unless they were using telepathy or whispering, I'd have to say that is BS judging from the Walmart audio.

listopencil 09-24-2014 07:47 PM

Look at the video at around 08;26;57;20. The cop that shot him has cover behind a pallet of kitty litter. It's the stuff in the bright yellow containers. That pallot is lined up with a pallet of Ol' Roy dog food at the head of the aisle that the kid was standing in. you can see both pallets in the video to the left. You can see the pallet of red bags of dog food in the video to the right. Why is a cop, with cover and with backup, with a clear shot of the target, not verbally identifying himself and commanding the citizen to put down what he thought was a deadly weapon?

Beef Supreme 09-24-2014 07:49 PM

This whole situation is a travesty of justice. I don't know how anyone can watch that video and decide not to charge the cop. And the person who called 911 should be charged as well. They don't even have to find either of them guilty, but you have to charge them. The fact that they didn't is staggering.

Mennonite 09-24-2014 07:55 PM

http://www.infowars.com/walmart-shop...ing-up-bb-gun/

Innocent bystander Angela D. Williams, 37, of Fairborn, also died following the shooting.

The county coroner said she was “apparently running from a dangerous situation inside the Walmart store when she collapsed. She was taken to Soin Medical Center where she died at 9:14 p.m.” In a sad twist, the mother of two was due to be wed on Saturday.

BigRichard 09-24-2014 08:22 PM

I am going to say after watching with sound the cop is in the wrong and the guy calling is in the wrong. He said the dude pointed it at the kids when clearly he didn't. Completely ****ed up situation. I am guessing that Holder will have his slimy little hands in this one as well. He might actually do some good here.

CoMoChief 09-24-2014 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10944669)
First off why the **** are you walking around the store with a BB gun?

Walmart sells BB guns no?

Bugeater 09-24-2014 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10944953)
I'm not justifying the officer's actions because it sure looks like they shot first and asked questions later, but here is a picture of a BB gun sold by Wal-Mart. Could you identify that as a BB gun from 15-20 feet away?

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/airgundepot/um...-bb-gun-24.gif

This is ****ed up. There is NO reason to make a BB gun look like a high powered rifle. None.

DrunkBassGuitar 09-24-2014 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10944656)
Interesting. Are you allowed to shoot someone with a BB gun? What if it was a real gun and he was licensed to carry?

I think Ohio's an open carry state. So would he even have needed a license?

Pitt Gorilla 09-24-2014 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar (Post 10945852)
I think Ohio's an open carry state. So would he even have needed a license?

I'm guessing a whole different set of folks might get upset if that happened.

ARROW2 09-24-2014 09:53 PM

The bullshit train just keeps on rolling............probably just a thug so it's all good. They lying mofo on the phone needs his ass whooped.

BigRichard 09-25-2014 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 10945710)
I am going to say after watching with sound the cop is in the wrong and the guy calling is in the wrong. He said the dude pointed it at the kids when clearly he didn't. Completely ****ed up situation. I am guessing that Holder will have his slimy little hands in this one as well. He might actually do some good here.

I stand corrected since Holder is stepping down. And I would also like to say that my analysis is based on that video with the audio. If that audio is off by a couple of seconds I could change my opinion slightly. Either way that dickhead who called it in should get some nut hooks.

BigRichard 09-25-2014 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10944660)
NB4 BLACK GUY WAS A THUG!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 10945962)
The bullshit train just keeps on rolling............probably just a thug so it's all good. They lying mofo on the phone needs his ass whooped.

Well for once I don't think KC Native was wrong, it just came from his side of the fence.

Mr. Flopnuts 09-25-2014 10:35 AM

This is ****ing criminal, and it's getting worse every day...

NinerDoug 09-25-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10944953)
I'm not justifying the officer's actions because it sure looks like they shot first and asked questions later, but here is a picture of a BB gun sold by Wal-Mart. Could you identify that as a BB gun from 15-20 feet away?

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/airgundepot/um...-bb-gun-24.gif

Well, here's the thing: how many stories have you heard about cops shooting people, usually a kid, who has a toy gun? In a situation like this, guy in a Walmart has a gun, not shooting anyone, not threatening anyone, just walking around looking at shit on the shelves, a reasonable person would have to consider that it may very well be a toy, especially considering that they sell toy guns / bb guns in Walmart, and curb his enthusiasm accordingly. These cops were ****ing morons.