ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Are We Looking at the Chiefs QB Situation Incorrectly (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306671)

RealSNR 03-18-2017 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12788270)
Seriously?

You think there's no one that thinks Alex Smith can lead us to a super bowl on this board?

I mean, I think it's POSSIBLE to win a Super Bowl with Alex Smith as your QB. I think any rational person can look at dudes who have won Super Bowls in the past and agree that if Alex Smith ever wins a Super Bowl, it won't exactly be the most stunning thing the league has ever seen.

The real question is, "Is it a good idea to take a QB like Alex Smith and hope the talent around him is good enough to drag him kicking and screaming to a championship?"

I think the overwhelming answer on this board is "no," and the number of people who think it's a solid strategy probably want something better, but they're under the impression that there is nothing the Chiefs could have done from 2013 - 2016 to alter or change that.

Those are the same folks still claiming that Derek Carr has already peaked and will be nothing more than Jay Cutler for the rest of his career.

oldman 03-18-2017 11:34 AM

Let's face up to facts. Smith is the guy for 2017, end of discussion. We're not going after Romo or any other vet QB out there. The fact that Smith and Bray are the only 2 QBs on the roster (not counting the PS) speaks volumes to me. This year's QB class is weak, most of them would be Day 2 picks if they weren't in short supply. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see us invest a #2 or 3 in Webb or Peterman and let them fight it out with Bray. At least we'd have a full year to see what we have.
Another thought would be to trade some of this year's picks for next year ones. I believe I'd like to have 11 picks next year than this year. Then you'd have ammo to trade for that guy if Bray or the rookie bomb.

SAUTO 03-18-2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12788307)
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/3b/3b2e0...85562e0ea5.jpg

Jason's rage is building at the mere mention of Alex Smith and anyone not for castrating him.

ROFL

Are you ok? Have you fallen and bumped your head lately?

SAUTO 03-18-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12788305)
Yes, every draft pick is about potential. Looking at next year is even harder but it's also much less expensive.

Whenever someone says 'potential' about a QB they get beaten down and labeled a coward for even suggesting any QB in the draft might not be good.

So now you are afraid of taking a chance to get a QB?

Be careful or you will get thrown out of Group A.

That's not the potential I'm talking about.

They are all potentially going to be in the draft.

There are several that might not be, in fact.

Seriously are you ok?

SAUTO 03-18-2017 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12788299)
A mod trolling the team's quarterback who gets us wins. What is happening to this place

Have you looked at the tos? We are posters first. I'm free to say how I feel about any player on this team.

I believe we have peaked with Alex Smith as our qb. Could I be wrong? Absolutely.

RealSNR 03-18-2017 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12788305)
Whenever someone says 'potential' about a QB they get beaten down and labeled a coward for even suggesting any QB in the draft might not be good.

Again, that is bullshit.

The majority of the board didn't like:

Josh Freeman
Mark Sanchez
Tim Tebow
Sam Bradford
Ryan Tannehill
Brandon Weedon

And when you get down to the Johnny Manziel stuff, it's not as simple as, "People thought Manziel was a good QB." A lot of people were pissed because Dorsey didn't draft Teddy Bridgewater, not Manziel. A lot of people were pissed because Dee Ford was the pick. A lot of people were just ****ing sick and tired of seeing teams leapfrog us in the draft to take QBs and were frustrated that it happened yet again.

That's a lot of QB busts that CP has rightly called and identified. And all but Sam Bradford were options available to them through trade-ups, and were considered distinct possibilities for us on draft day.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 03-18-2017 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12788307)
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/3b/3b2e0...85562e0ea5.jpg

Jason's rage is building at the mere mention of Alex Smith and anyone not for castrating him.

FACT

TigeRRUppeRRcut 03-18-2017 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12788321)
Have you looked at the tos? We are posters first. I'm free to say how I feel about any player on this team.

I believe we have peaked with Alex Smith as our qb. Could I be wrong? Absolutely.

If only double standards existed on here

SAUTO 03-18-2017 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12788326)
If only double standards existed on here

You are too.

SAUTO 03-18-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12788324)
FACT

I'M not even for castrating Alex Smith. Who would even come up with that shit. ****ing weirdos.

Sandy Vagina 03-18-2017 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 12788316)
Let's face up to facts. Smith is the guy for 2017, end of discussion. We're not going after Romo or any other vet QB out there. The fact that Smith and Bray are the only 2 QBs on the roster (not counting the PS) speaks volumes to me. This year's QB class is weak, most of them would be Day 2 picks if they weren't in short supply. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see us invest a #2 or 3 in Webb or Peterman and let them fight it out with Bray. At least we'd have a full year to see what we have.
Another thought would be to trade some of this year's picks for next year ones. I believe I'd like to have 11 picks next year than this year. Then you'd have ammo to trade for that guy if Bray or the rookie bomb.

Very good, sensible post. :thumb:

Would be very interesting if they could turn pick 59 into a 2018 1st.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 03-18-2017 05:05 PM

I would gladly trade out of this year's round 1 and give up another pick to have a top pick for next year's draft

Discuss Thrower 03-18-2017 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12788587)
I would gladly trade out of this year's round 1 and give up another pick to have a top pick for next year's draft

And then watch as another team gives a 1st and a 2nd in 2018 and then 2019 and 2020 first round picks to trade up for a QB.

Great ****ing plan there, slick.

Chief Roundup 03-18-2017 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12788650)
And then watch as another team gives a 1st and a 2nd in 2018 and then 2019 and 2020 first round picks to trade up for a QB.

Great ****ing plan there, slick.

Don't let your disdain for tigger cloud your mind.
We would have 2 1st rounders in 2018 instead of just one giving us an advantage in acquiring whatever pick we wanted to get the QB that we wanted.

Willie Lanier 03-18-2017 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12788587)

And just how exactly do you know a first in next year's draft will be a top pick?

Unless it's a trade with the niners or jets, you have almost no idea where a team's pick will be slotted...

The nfl has the most parity of any of the major sports leagues...