ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith expresses his desire to return to Chiefs in 2018 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312982)

pugsnotdrugs19 01-06-2018 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigeRRUppeRRcut (Post 13340385)
Terez gets that Reid screwed up the playcalling. Tell us something new we should know.

Wut?

Terez basically was saying that Alex didn't get the job done today. Even specifically said that they needed to hit some contested tight throws...

He was throwing the majority of the blame on Alex.

jd1020 01-06-2018 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redshirt32 (Post 13340410)
His trade value two 2nds +

That was Alex's trade value 5 years ago.

He isn't worth more than he was then.

I would consider it a win if they got a single 3rd for him. The guy is going to be 34 and comfortably mediocre.

oaklandhater 01-06-2018 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 13340160)
It feels almost as good to watch him leave as it was to watch Cassel GTFO.

This

I really hate Cass and smith on a personal level.

RunKC 01-06-2018 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13340362)
Terez Paylor on their post game show is tearing up the narrative that the Chiefs needed to run it more. They couldn't he says, the boxes were stacked. He goes on to say that the key to this game was that Alex threw it around. He didn't in the 2nd half.

Terez gets it...

All 22 is going to be full of sadness

WhiteWhale 01-06-2018 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 13340423)

I would consider it a win if they got a 3rd for him. The guy is going to be 34 and comfortably mediocre.

Alex is worth more than he was when he was with SF.

In terms of ability. He' just 5 years older now, but he literally just finished the best season of his career by FAR.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-06-2018 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13340414)
Wut?

Terez basically was saying that Alex didn't get the job done today. Even specifically said that they needed to hit some contested tight throws...

He was throwing the majority of the blame on Alex.

He talk at all about the 4 dropped passes, the offensive holding, the personal foul negating a roughing the punter call, the defense going for 0-7 in stopping them down the stretch on 3rd down (average distance being 6.9 yards), fulton prematurely snapping the ball, giving up 202 yards of rushing?

Holy shit what is objective evaluation of football you say??

BlackOp 01-06-2018 11:45 PM

Smith has had a 21-3 and a 38-10 lead in the post season...and has ushered in 2 of only 4 collapses of this magnitude. Both games he had a chance to will his team to at least FG range and failed.

Great human being but I dont want him as KC's QB anymore...he's had multiple chances. He had a chance against the Steeler's too...and they didnt even score a TD.

Whatever football mojo he's got going on...it needs to go away. The 49ers return man muffed TWO returns...so this is traveling with him.

The Luck fumble to himself ....and the pass, tonight, to himself. That some otherworldly shit....and works against the Chiefs.

WhiteWhale 01-06-2018 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 13340426)
This

I really hate Cass and smith on a personal level.

Not even close for me.

I've never been a Smith backer, but it confounds me that people will put him in league with Cassel.

Smith is a journeyman starter QB.

Cassel was a ****ing fraud. A shitty back up masquerading as a starter. Not even close. Dude was an OBVIOUS fraud. Scott Mitchell was more legit than Matt Cassel.

Priest31kc 01-06-2018 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleThreat (Post 13340405)
Are you just typing to argue?

Refer back to the main point of what you quoted. It was about Super Bowl wins. Appearances etc don’t mean jack. One team wins it all, and the original op was about how Alex has wasted our teams talent, where as I said, unless your name is Tom Brady, every qb is wasting their teams talents, and Matt Ryan’s name is the first to come to mind. Matt Ryan, may never even win a super bowl, what about dan Marino? Where are you finding the space to want to argue with what I am saying??

What exactly are you trying to argue in the first place?

Are you trying to argue Alex hasn't been the main problem and should stay or? And your reasoning is because Tom Brady has won 2 out of the last 12 Super Bowls?

I dont get your original argument.

Coach 01-06-2018 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13340433)

In terms of ability. He' just 5 years older now, but he literally just finished the best season of his career by FAR.

But he only has one year left on his contract. No team is going to shell out a 1st round pick for Smith, career year or not. At worst, expect a 2nd/3rd rounder and maybe a conditional pick.

If he has 3 more years left on his current contract, then I can see a 2nd and 3rd.

TripleThreat 01-06-2018 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 13340423)

I would consider it a win if they got a single 3rd for him. The guy is going to be 34 and comfortably mediocre.

How is he worth less, than when we got him?

When we got him, he had more bad seasons than good seasons, and many seen as a product of harbaughs coaching/system, and the stacked team the 49ers has.

Fast forward to now, he joined our team when we were previously the worst team in the nfl with the #1 overall pick. He took us to 3 playoff appearances. 1 playoff win.... is coming off a 4K yard season with almost 30tds in 15 games, not even 16... he’s 34... he has 5 solid years left. Any team that is a qb away like the broncos will pay a ransome in my opinion. Tell me where I’m wrong.

jd1020 01-06-2018 11:48 PM

Quote:

How is he worth more? What exactly has he showed that he didn't show in SF the final years he was there?

All he has done is aged.

He road along on the curtails of some of the best offensive talent in the game today while still showing he cant get shit done when it counts by completely disappearing in the 2nd half of todays game.

No team is going to be trading for Alex with the idea of him being a franchise QB for them. He is a stop gap at his age. You think a team is giving up more than what the Chiefs did to get him? Delusional.

oaklandhater 01-06-2018 11:48 PM

Quote:

no way we get more than a 3rd for him.

Odds are he gets released.

Reerun_KC 01-06-2018 11:49 PM

Alex Smith expresses his desire to return to Chiefs in 2018

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13340429)
All 22 is going to be full of sadness

Have a feeling HP is going to drop some serious gifs on us. We will be pissed.

TripleThreat 01-06-2018 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 13340440)
What exactly are you trying to argue in the first place?

Are you trying to argue Alex hasn't been the main problem and should stay or? And your reasoning is because Tom Brady has won 2 out of the last 12 Super Bowls?

I dont get your original argument.

First off nothing was an argument it is a discussion.

Secondly if you don’t understand a conversation being had with clay and myself, maybe you shouldn’t join in at all? It’s very simple to catch on to what was being said.

Clay claimed Alex wasted 3 of our teams years because we were super bowl ready, and if not for Alex we would’ve won some bowls. As I clearly stated, unless your name is Tom Brady, this is the same situation with every quarterback in the nfl. I am not sure what’s so hard to understand about that. But then again you saying much shorter careeer 05 to 08. and wayyy more playoff wins, when comparing Ryan/smith and the way more is only 2 more wins,, I can see your just an idiot looking to argue over bird shit.