ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Soren Petro-Rumor Pioli has signed an extension (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264903)

DaWolf 10-23-2012 05:28 PM

Petro also said that Manning and Elway have a handshake deal in place to become owners of the Broncos after he retires. So Petro's been throwing out a lot of rumors lately...

Marcellus 10-23-2012 05:29 PM

I heard Pioli signed a petition to bench Matt Cassel.

DaneMcCloud 10-23-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 9043699)
Petro also said that Manning and Elway have a handshake deal in place to become owners of the Broncos after he retires. So Petro's been throwing out a lot of rumors lately...

So Manning will eventually become a co-owner of the Grizzlies and the Broncos?

Wow.

SAUTO 10-23-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9043703)

Wow.

Why would elway and Manning have a handshake deal? Last I heard neither owned the team.

Stan kroenke probably will
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 10-23-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9043703)

Wow.

His wife is going in on the grizz
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 10-23-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9043706)
His wife is going in on the grizz
Posted via Mobile Device

And Justin Timberlake

DaneMcCloud 10-23-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9043704)
Why would elway and Manning have a handshake deal? Last I heard neither owned the team.

Stan kroenke probably will
Posted via Mobile Device

I can only speculate on the speculation but I imagine that Elway has a deal with Bowlen.

Although as I've stated this year, I believe Kroenke will sell the Rams so that they move back to Los Angeles, then purchase the Broncos.

Hammock Parties 10-23-2012 05:36 PM

Keep the faith, my flock.

Pioli will be fired.

Would I lead you astray?

Trust in Cassel's Reckoning.

SAUTO 10-23-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9043709)
And Justin Timberlake

I thought he just got married?
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 10-23-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9043711)
I can only speculate on the speculation but I imagine that Elway has a deal with Bowlen.

Although as I've stated this year, I believe Kroenke will sell the Rams so that they move back to Los Angeles, then purchase the Broncos.

the deal in la put a damper on kroenke. He wanted to be the owner of the la team.

But the speculation if him selling and then buying the broncos makes sense and has some legs if what I have heard from others is true.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 10-23-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9043715)
I thought he just got married?
Posted via Mobile Device

He did.

And she is one ugly bitch.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...ke-harold-ford

SAUTO 10-23-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9043721)
He did.

And she is one ugly bitch.

Why is Manning's wife going in on him then?
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 10-23-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9043726)
Why is Manning's wife going in on him then?
Posted via Mobile Device

I think it's because she's from Memphis? Not really sure.

He's just probably giving her something to do.

:evil:

SAUTO 10-23-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9043727)
I think it's because she's from Memphis? Not really sure.

He's just probably giving her something to do.

:evil:

shouldn't that be some ONE to do? Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Woodchuck 10-23-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9043406)
If Pioli is still next year it's because Clark has complete trust in him.

Clark won't be making Pioli do anything...

I agree. He probably won't make Scott do anything. I do believe Pioli has Clark under his thumb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9043408)
If that were to happen, the ensuing revolt would make SaveOurChiefs look like a garden party with a guy reading poetry and a guy walking around on stilts handing out flowers and a magician and tasty punch.

FAX

Unless McDaniels won. Winning cures everything. I almost even started to like Haley a teeny tiny bit when we won the West.

okcchief 10-23-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9043328)
You can all take this for what it's worth, however, this is from someone I trust:

-Extension is in place. Clark will not announce it during the season for fear of people not attending games at the end of the season. Fan backlash during off-season has far less of an impact. Expect it around early February to be announced is what I was told.

-Clark will demand a first round QB be taken in April. He thinks that if Pioli takes one, public opinion will improve and the fanbase will return. Doesn't think this is the fans v. Pioli but the fans v. the quarterback position.

-Clark will be more involved in the entire football operation moving forward.

Again, this guy has given me a lot of really great info, and also some things that haven't panned out, but he's been on more often than he's not.

This is my exact fear. The guy would be lucky to be given his last year. Extending him would be absolutely reeruned.

O.city 10-23-2012 07:37 PM

Clark thinks that will suffice then? I think it's past the point of no return now, and things could get really ugly.

chiefzilla1501 10-23-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

You can all take this for what it's worth, however, this is from someone I trust:

-Extension is in place. Clark will not announce it during the season for fear of people not attending games at the end of the season. Fan backlash during off-season has far less of an impact. Expect it around early February to be announced is what I was told.

-Clark will demand a first round QB be taken in April. He thinks that if Pioli takes one, public opinion will improve and the fanbase will return. Doesn't think this is the fans v. Pioli but the fans v. the quarterback position.

Again, this guy has given me a lot of really great info, and also some things that haven't panned out, but he's been on more often than he's not.

Great.

Looking forward to Pioli hiring Josh McDaniels then trading the entire draft to move up in the second round to get Landry Jones.

Super Bowl.

O.city 10-23-2012 07:42 PM

Fully expect McDaniels to be hired as the next head coach.

O.city 10-23-2012 07:43 PM

How the hell are they going to justify extending a guy who in his fourth full year, leads a team to the top overall draft pick?

ChiefsCountry 10-23-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9043719)
the deal in la put a damper on kroenke. He wanted to be the owner of the la team.

But the speculation if him selling and then buying the broncos makes sense and has some legs if what I have heard from others is true.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sounds like I need to go to the local bar Saturday night and talk to his mother-in-law.

ShowtimeSBMVP 10-23-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9044028)
Fully expect McDaniels to be hired as the next head coach.

Better then Crennel.

O.city 10-23-2012 07:50 PM

Anything Patriot isn't worth it. Not one has succeeded with the bullshit way anywhere and now it's going down in flames in the motherland itself.

ChiefsCountry 10-23-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

To be fair while Pioli is a ****ing asshole, you get a legit franchise quarterback that wins and lot of his asshole stunts people wouldn't give a damn about.

O.city 10-23-2012 07:52 PM

I don't give a shit how it happens, I just want a team that wins consistently and beats good teams.

I don't think Scott Pioli's way is a way that can accomplish that. It's hasn't shown to be able to do that without arguably the best QB in the history of the game.

Tribal Warfare 10-23-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9044036)
How the hell are they going to justify extending a guy who in his fourth full year, leads a team to the top overall draft pick?

They can't and I fully expect a great purge of the fan base dwindling because of this, and especially due to the efforts of SaveOurChiefs.

DaneMcCloud 10-23-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9044054)
Better then Crennel.

Um, no.

****ing dumbass.

RustShack 10-23-2012 07:57 PM

Hopefully Clark getting involved means that he also has a say in who the new HC will be. And that said HC is allowed to do his job fully.

The Bad Guy 10-23-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9044059)
To be fair while Pioli is a ****ing asshole, you get a legit franchise quarterback that wins and lot of his asshole stunts people wouldn't give a damn about.

I still think a huge issue is his inability to get coaches.

O.city 10-23-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9044088)

This.

No one but patriottree****tards will come here with him at the helm.

O.city 10-23-2012 08:04 PM

Bad Guy, this needs to get out there now, and not be allowed to wait until the offseason when things die down.

Easy 6 10-23-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

I'll buy it, sounds about like what i expected.

But he's terribly underestimating the contempt for pioli.

DeezNutz 10-23-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

He can't acquire coaching, talent, or manage media/fan relations. Honestly, the better question is what can Pioli do worth a ****?

There is simply no justification in retaining him.

O.city 10-23-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9044114)
He can't acquire coaching, talent, or manage media/fan relations. Honestly, the better question is what can Pioli do worth a ****?

Even the talent he can/does acquire is so poorly mismanaged by the shitty coaching that it doesn't amount to anything.

DeezNutz 10-23-2012 08:13 PM

Need a TE? Cool. No need for Gronk, Graham, or Hernandez. Select an oft-injured player from Iowa.

Need a NT? **** it. Don't worry about it until year four when an underachieving C-USA player comes available.

Need a QB? Welp...

O.city 10-23-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9044128)
Need a TE? Cool. No need for Gronk, Graham, or Hernandez. Select an oft-injured player from Iowa.

Need a NT? **** it. Don't worry about it until year four when an underachieving C-USA player comes available.

Need a QB? Welp...

It sucks that we missed on those guys, but didn't they have some warts during draft time as well?

And do we really think they would be what they are now if they were being thrown to by Cassel for 4 years?

DeezNutz 10-23-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9044132)
It sucks that we missed on those guys, but didn't they have some warts during draft time as well?

And do we really think they would be what they are now if they were being thrown to by Cassel for 4 years?

Hernandez, maybe not. But people in the CP draft thread were identifying Graham and Gronk, so it's plausible that the "Fraud of the Decade" could have found a clue.

O.city 10-23-2012 08:21 PM

The guy just can't get out of his own way.

The waste thats been at QB has caused such underperformance from other positions. I don't understand the concept that bringing Cassel in and keeping him for so long was a good idea?

I really hope the asshole writes a book eventually just so we can see what his thoughts on Cassel were.

Hammock Parties 10-23-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9044128)

Need a QB? Welp...

Save yourself some time and just say:

Need ANY position other than offensive line or kicker?

Welp...

O.city 10-23-2012 08:22 PM

Balla ass GM right?

DeezNutz 10-23-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9044155)
Save yourself some time and just say:

Need ANY position other than offensive line or kicker?

Welp...

You've lit the Dane light. He's going to (rightfully) bring up Barth.

O.city 10-23-2012 08:23 PM

Succup isn't really that good.

BossChief 10-23-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9044134)
Hernandez, maybe not. But people in the CP draft thread were identifying Graham and Gronk, so it's plausible that the "Fraud of the Decade" could have found a clue.

Gronk had serious back question marks that brought up concerns about him being able to finish his rookie contract before injuries derailed things and Jimmy Graham only played one year of football and was a "receiver only" type TE, not a guy you could count on as an in line blocker. Thats OK when you have a QB that can get the ball out instantly, but with a guy that takes 2 seconds to get the ball out once he makes up his mind, not so much.

Im not trying to defend the Moeaki pick, just saying that all of the TEs mentioned had warts and Pioli took a chance on the one that was a dual threat.

Even Hamas said (before he left) that Moeakis overall value was probably equal to that of Hernandez or Graham.

Rausch 10-23-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9044161)
Succup isn't really that good.

Oh for ****'s sake...

O.city 10-23-2012 08:27 PM

He's not bad, he's just not great. He's an average NFL kicker.

Rausch 10-23-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9044114)

Completely agree.

DeezNutz 10-23-2012 08:29 PM

He's not as good as Barth, so there's that.

Hammock Parties 10-23-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9044157)
Balla ass GM right?

LISTEN YOU SON OF A BITCH.

I LIKED THE 2011 DRAFT.

I PRAISED THE EXECUTOR OF THAT DRAFT.

TURNS OUT THE DRAFT WAS KINDA SHITTY, SO I WAS WRONG.

I SHOULDA CALLED HIM "BALLS-ASS GM"

OKAY!??!!? :mad:

BossChief 10-23-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 8157775)
Moeaki is a more complete player than Graham, but Graham is an absolute matchup nightmare who dictates coverages. Were both healthy and had a history of so, a fair argument could be made that they are roughly equivalent players that bring different skillsets, but given Moeaki's checked past and present, it's not as even of a matchup as it could be.

FTR I totally agree with this take.

BossChief 10-23-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9044183)
He's not as good as Barth, so there's that.

or Tynes

O.city 10-23-2012 08:35 PM

I'm just messin.

I think the 2011 draft was a good draft. I think Hudson and Houston have shown that they can be really good/great players.

Baldwin hasn't put up numbers but with the QB play....anyway, not getting into that.

I think it will end up being a good draft, but the 2010 draft is hurting right now too.

Rausch 10-23-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9044195)
or Tynes

Tynes has had big time choke jobs.

Our kicking game pretty much won us the ****ing Saints game...

Simplicity 10-23-2012 08:35 PM

Pioli has a vagina.

-King- 10-23-2012 08:35 PM

If Moeaki was catching passes from Brees, we'd be crying about how we passed him up.

DeezNutz 10-23-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9044194)
FTR I totally agree with this take.

It's fair, but it does nothing to lesson the damning evidence against Fraudoli.

ShowtimeSBMVP 10-23-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9044199)
Tynes has had big time choke jobs.

Our kicking game pretty much won us the ****ing Saints game...

Tynes 2 rings say whats up.

DeezNutz 10-23-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9044201)
If Moeaki was catching passes from Brees, we'd be crying about how we passed him up.

Bullshit. No one argues that Brokaki has physical talent, but he is also a broke SOB.

BossChief 10-23-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9044208)
Bullshit. No one argues that Brokaki has physical talent, but he is also a broke SOB.

There is no return argument for this statement, but if he can find a way to get/stay healthy he will be a top 5-7 at his position guy.

Thats a good kind of player to gamble on in the late third round.

So what if we traded an early 4th and late 5th on him?

Those are usually throw away picks 7 out of 8 times, anyway.

The kid is gonna be a big time weapon with a guy like Geno Smith.

DeezNutz 10-23-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9044228)
The kid is gonna be a big time weapon with a guy like Geno Smith.

I sincerely hope he is. Given Pioli's track record of incompetence, however, I'd say our odds are poor.

NJChiefsFan 10-23-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9044203)

He missed the biggest kick of his career in that GB game. If the Giants had not handed him yet another game-winning attempt he would have been chased out of town. That's sports, but 1 for 2 on kicks getting a team to a SB is decent, not great. Yes he did some things after, but none of these "big kicks" come if the Giants hadn't saved his ass by giving him another chance. Most clutch kickers don't need that chance, its what makes them clutch.

Hammock Parties 10-23-2012 08:52 PM

Tony Moeaki has been so shitty this year he makes Kevin Boss look all pro, before Boss was broken.

Could be the knee. Could be an accumulation of all his injuries finally catching up to him.

Or maybe he's just not that good.

BossChief 10-23-2012 08:53 PM

I think Pioli will be remembered as a buffoon that was able to acquire talent in , but his own stubbornness to keep Cassel around WAYYY too long and his inability to hire the right coach made all that talent redundant while he was here.

I know the idea makes some guys puke, but I think if this team gets a guy like Geno Smith and a head coach like (brace yourselves) Bill Cowher...we will turn this thing around quickly.

DeezNutz 10-23-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9044257)
I think Pioli will be remembered as a buffoon that was able to acquire talent in , but his own stubbornness to keep Cassel around WAYYY too long and his inability to hire the right coach made all that talent redundant while he was here.

I know the idea makes some guys puke, but I think if this team gets a guy like Geno Smith and a head coach like (brace yourselves) Bill Cowher...we will turn this thing around quickly.

This is what we're going to get, with Pioli in place, yet stripped of some of his power.

RunKC 10-23-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9044228)
Jon Baldwin is gonna be a big time weapon with a guy like Geno Smith.

Fixed

BossChief 10-23-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9044256)
Tony Moeaki has been so shitty this year he makes Kevin Boss look all pro, before Boss was broken.

Could be the knee. Could be an accumulation of all his injuries finally catching up to him.

Or maybe the whole team knows they dont have a QB and without Haley, there is nobody to stay on their ass to focus on the details and give full effort.

Its club Romeo/year off time.

Titty Meat 10-23-2012 08:58 PM

Didn't Clark go after Fisher but he told him **** off?

RunKC 10-23-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9044274)
Didn't Clark go after Fisher but he told him **** off?

He told Pioli to **** off and left the meeting early because Fisher didn't buy into Pioli's "Cassel" plan of action.

ChiefsCountry 10-23-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Thats number 2 on the list behind quarterback for sure.

O.city 10-23-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9044325)
Thats number 2 on the list behind quarterback for sure.

Gotta ask too how much number 1 influences number 2 as well.

Rausch 10-23-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9044335)
Gotta ask too how much number 1 influences number 2 as well.

Oh, he's got number 2 everywhere...

DaneMcCloud 10-23-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9044201)

Except for the fact that he's not catching passes from anyone

DaneMcCloud 10-23-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9044203)

Yeah, Lawrence Tynes is the sole reason why the Giants advanced to and won two Super Bowl titles.

LMAO

Wipe the drool off your chin.

Chiefs=Champions 10-23-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9044441)
Except for the fact that he's not catching passes from anyone

LMAO

BossChief 10-23-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9044276)
He told Pioli to **** off and left the meeting early because Fisher didn't buy into Pioli's "Cassel" plan of action.

link?

KcMizzou 10-23-2012 10:24 PM

Uh, we moved up to take Moeaki before Jimmy Graham was drafted... didn't we?

BigMeatballDave 10-23-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9044475)
Uh, we moved up to take Moeaki before Jimmy Graham was drafted... didn't we?

Yep. He was taken 2 spots ahead of Graham.

KcMizzou 10-23-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9044513)
Yep. He was taken 2 spots ahead of Graham.

I know hindsight is 50/50 but... :facepalm:

chiefzilla1501 10-24-2012 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9044110)
I'll buy it, sounds about like what i expected.

But he's terribly underestimating the contempt for pioli.

Sadly, there are enough sheep that a franchise QB and a .500 season in 2013 are going to turn the sheep into believers again. And yes, a franchise QB can get you 6-8 wins even with an average head coach. All the more reason to continue to put pressure on the front office before they have a time to get this team to average. Average isn't good enough and some people are smart enough to see that.

Rausch 10-24-2012 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9044520)
I know hindsight is 50/50 but... :facepalm:

This is the point. Over and over and over this GM has not only taken players who weren't worth taking at that spot but passed on much better players.

He constantly reaches. He's more concerned with GPA, what time they go to bed, how many community service hours they put in, etc...

htismaqe 10-24-2012 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9044256)

Moeaki is a good all-around TE. He's not a stellar pass catcher but he's pretty good, can stretch the field, and is a GREAT blocker.

His problem, as it has always been, is the injuries.

I honestly think he's done. He's just too broken at this point.