ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Teos made up gf (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268978)

Thig Lyfe 01-17-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9328035)
3 way? :hmmm:

Human Cent'eo?

saphojunkie 01-17-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Manning's Nuts (Post 9328101)
God I hate this world.

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

NewChief 01-17-2013 11:30 AM

The interesting thing about Catfish, the movie, is that there is now a lot of speculation that it, itself, is a hoax/mockumentary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catfish...ity_questioned
Quote:

In an interview Ariel Schulman related that some viewers believe Catfish to be a fake documentary, or a hoax. Morgan Spurlock, director and subject of the documentary Super Size Me, walked up to the producers of the film during one of its initial screenings and told them "it was the best fake documentary I have ever seen." Comedian Zach Galifianakis also has stated that he does not believe the events in the film to be true.[4]

Kyle Buchanan at Movieline questions why the filmmakers would begin obsessively documenting Nev's online relationship so early on, and argues that it is highly improbable that media-savvy professionals like the Schulmans and Joost would not use the Internet to research Megan and her family before meeting them.[5] Others have also questioned the trio's decision to begin filming, as well as the seemingly improbable coincidence of them catching everything of importance to the story on film as it happens. It has also been pointed out that the group's supposed movements in Catfish are not documented in their public blog postings at the time. [6]
Since the movie's release, Angela has been interviewed by ABC's 20/20[7] and the Los Angeles Times has spoken with neighbors familiar with her family.[8] In the summer of 2011, The Mining Journal ran a two-part profile[9] of Angela in connection with the North of the 45th Parallel 2011 exhibition at the DeVos Art Museum on the campus of Northern Michigan University.[10]

Deberg_1990 01-17-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Manning's Nuts (Post 9328101)
God I hate this world.

Its actually been going on for years, but the term "Catfish" is new.

I remember back in the old AOL, MIRC, ICQ chat days, girls and i guess guys too, would send pics of themselves that were not real, or were old from when they weighed 30 pounds less...etc.

BigMeatballDave 01-17-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9328110)
The interesting thing about Catfish, the movie, is that there is now a lot of speculation that it, itself, is a hoax/mockumentary.

I thought this while I was watching it.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-17-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Haven't seen the movie but the new show seems fake. I'd assume the movie is too.

Hootie 01-17-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9328111)
Its actually been going on for years, but the term "Catfish" is new.

I remember back in the old AOL, MIRC, ICQ chat days, girls and i guess guys too, would send pics of themselves that were not real, or were old from when they weighed 30 pounds less...etc.

well no ****ing shit ROFL

I've just never heard it referred to as "catfishing"

my ex-girlfriend and I "catfished" once and it was hilarious. Just can't believe it can happen TODAY to someone like Manti T'eo.

There has to be more to the story.

Titty Meat 01-17-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9327654)
Reagan Mauia, an Arizona Cardinals fullback, said he believes Kekua existed because he met her in person when he and other Polynesian teammates and Pittsburgh Steelers star Troy Polamalu went to do charity work in American Samoa in June 2011.

"This was before her and Manti," Mauia said Wednesday evening. "I don't think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on, just checking up on each other kind of thing. I am close to her family. When she was going through the loss of her father, I was -- I offered a comforting shoulder and just someone to bounce her emotions off. That was just from meeting her in Samoa."

Mauia said Tuiasosopo -- whom Mauia believes is Kekua's cousin -- introduced the two. After the initial meeting, Mauia said he met her at an "after-party" for all of the athletes involved in the camp.

"She was tall," he said. "Volleyball-type of physique. She was athletic, tall, beautiful. Long hair. Polynesian. She looked like a model ... "

WTF?

AndysMansiere 01-17-2013 11:40 AM

haha! his gf is a mult.

Deberg_1990 01-17-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Manning's Nuts (Post 9328122)
Just can't believe it can happen TODAY to someone like Manti T'eo.

There almost certainly is.

DaKCMan AP 01-17-2013 11:41 AM

He should have gotten a fake bike. /Midnight Vulture

mcaj22 01-17-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

I knew this movie was fake the moment I saw the guy with the trampstamp lol

NewChief 01-17-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Manning's Nuts (Post 9328122)
well no ****ing shit ROFL

I've just never heard it referred to as "catfishing"

my ex-girlfriend and I "catfished" once and it was hilarious. Just can't believe it can happen TODAY to someone like Manti T'eo.

Just in case you're curious where the term comes from in the movie:

Quote:

Vince, talking with Nev, tells a story. He says that when live cod were shipped to Asia from North America, the fish's inactivity in their tanks resulted in mushy flesh, but fishermen found that putting catfish in the tanks with the cod kept them active. Vince feels that people like Angela are "catfish", who keep other people active in life.

Chiefnj2 01-17-2013 12:00 PM

"Swarbrick said Notre Dame did not take the matter to the police, saying that the school left it up to Te'o and his family to do so. He added that Notre Dame did not plan to release the findings of its investigation.
"We had no idea of motive, and that was really significant to us. ... Was somebody trying to create an NCAA violation at the core of this? Was there somebody trying to impact the outcome of football games by manipulating the emotions of a key player? Was there an extortion request coming? When you match the lack of sort of detail we lacked until we got some help investigating it with the risk involved, it was clear to me until we knew more we had to just to continue to work to try to gather the facts," Swarbrick said.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...#ixzz2IFz7oQfz

So ND is aware of this for about a month, thinks that one of its players might be blackmailed or subject to some type of criminal extortion, or someone is forcing the school into a NCAA violation yet they don't report any of it and now they are refusing to release anything about their investigation? Why is ND covering it up?

stonedstooge 01-17-2013 12:04 PM

****ing Catholics

saphojunkie 01-17-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9328182)
****ing Catholics

He's mormon.

and wtf? Would you say "****ing jews?"

EDIT: of course you would. you just will never admit it.

BigRock 01-17-2013 12:10 PM

This recaps some of the stuff I alluded to before about Te'o:

http://collegespun.com/big-east/notr...x#.UPguzqGjegP

I also think there's a fair amount of stuff to back the "duped" theory. The total lack of a plan, for instance. Because "Lie and cross your fingers that nobody involved in the sports journalism profession bothers to look into your story" really isn't much of one.

Or like how Deadspin says that this Lennay Kekua persona goes as far back as 2008, meaning we can safely assume that it wasn't created with the purpose of drumming up publicity for Te'o. Four years in advance? It was designed to scam people. And if Te'o was one of the victims, a woman would have had to be involved... and Reagan Mauia claims he met a woman (through Tuiasosopo, no less) claiming to be her. There's your woman on the phone.

I've been wrong many times, but I'm going with duped + shamelessly took advantage of the media's interest in her death, or duped + too embarrassed to admit to his family and everyone that he never actually met her.

The Franchise 01-17-2013 12:11 PM

I'm not so sure that it wasn't Notre Dame that started this whole thing. Te'o is just along for the ride as a willing participant.

saphojunkie 01-17-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 9328197)

I also think there's a fair amount of stuff to back the "duped" theory. The total lack of a plan, for instance. Because "Lie and cross your fingers that nobody involved in the sports journalism profession bothers to look into your story" really isn't much of one.

Or like how Deadspin says that this Lennay Kekua persona goes as far back as 2008, meaning we can safely assume that it wasn't created with the purpose of drumming up publicity for Te'o. Four years in advance? It was designed to scam people. And if Te'o was one of the victims, a woman would have had to be involved... and Reagan Mauia claims he met a woman (through Tuiasosopo, no less) claiming to be her. There's your woman on the phone.

I've been wrong many times, but I'm going with duped + shamelessly took advantage of the media's interest in her death, or duped + too embarrassed to admit to his family and everyone that he never actually met her.

My guess is that he was duped, and in retrospect, he created the memory of meeting her. Think how many people he must meet, especially after a game.

"Hey manti - we met after the stanford game."
"Yeah... I met a black haired girl. Right. RIGHT! Okay, sure, I remember."

KC native 01-17-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9328186)
He's mormon.

I would. All religions are silly.

saphojunkie 01-17-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9328199)
I'm not so sure that it wasn't Notre Dame that started this whole thing. Te'o is just along for the ride as a willing participant.

And Obama is a stockholder at Smith and Wesson, and he's just doing this to boost sales.

warpaint* 01-17-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9327073)
Dude the odds that a 21 year old Mormon virgin who has been sheltered his entire life was duped by 21st century Catfishing vs. the odds that he masterminded a fantastic hoax to somehow win more credit despite being the #1 player on the most famous football team in America is just... less than damning.

I'm on the "duped" bandwagon. The "in on the hoax" thing just makes no ****ing sense.

Here's the other thing about this (I basically agree w/ you) that would be plausible to explain some of this,

which is that he lied about certain elements about their relationship. IE he's bragged or whatever to some of his buddies about this chick and that she's his gf but doesn't want to sound like an idiot and admit they've never met and his encounters have all been on the internet (which is considered weird by a lot of people) so he throws some stuff out there that isn't true about meeting her in PA and that she's come to town to visit him when he was back home, etc.

IDK what the truth is but I think that is more plausible than they hatched a scheme yr(s) in advance to enhance a future Heisman campaign for a middle linebacker or that he's a homo banging some dude long distance on the down low and this ruse is a cover. If that's the case it would be 1000 times easier to get a few dates w/ some random chicks on campus and no one would ever question anything. Not that they necessarily would to begin w/ anyway.

saphojunkie 01-17-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9328204)
I would. All religions are silly.

You're so edgy.

stonedstooge 01-17-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

He's mormon.

Notre Dame Einstein

frankotank 01-17-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

He's mormon.

the "****ing catholics" post was obviously in reference to ND being a catholic school. and as I always like to say.....not one damn catholic on the entire team! :D

KCUnited 01-17-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

This is what it is looking like to me, which unfortunately for Te'o, makes him a dumbass and a liar.

warpaint* 01-17-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Makes the most sense but I am still wait and see. Too weird and lots of layers.

saphojunkie 01-17-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9328209)
Notre Dame Einstein

Ah...gotcha. ****ing Catholics for covering it up. Yeah, that's really atrocious behavior. I mean, what kind of a piece of shit human would cover up an embarrassing story about someone they were institutionally responsible for.

I mean, it's not like Te'o was raping girls or molesting young boys, right? This is SERIOUS. HE had a FAKE ONLINE GIRLFRIEND.

THEY OWE US AN EXPLANATION.

:rolleyes:

saphojunkie 01-17-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9328221)
This is what it is looking like to me, which unfortunately for Te'o, makes him a dumbass and a liar.

Whatever stops people from saying "derp let's draft him #1."

Now, at number 34 or 65...:hmmm:

warpaint* 01-17-2013 12:24 PM

That ship sailed on Jan 7 save for in the minds of people screwing around on CP. Even w/o this story there is next to no chance of that happening.

NewChief 01-17-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9328225)
Ah...gotcha. ****ing Catholics for covering it up. Yeah, that's really atrocious behavior. I mean, what kind of a piece of shit human would cover up an embarrassing story about someone they were institutionally responsible for.

I mean, it's not like Te'o was raping girls or molesting young boys, right? This is SERIOUS. HE had a FAKE ONLINE GIRLFRIEND.

THEY OWE US AN EXPLANATION.

:rolleyes:

I think his point is that the Catholic church and Catholic institutions have a history of trying to handle scandals internally which has bitten them in the ass in the past, and that one would think that they'd strive for more transparency to avoid the sort of reaction that the poster gave of "****ing catholics."

warpaint* 01-17-2013 12:28 PM

I can understand why they would in this situation particularly if they believe MT which it seems by all indications that they do. What is to be gained for ND by going public?

I don't see the embarrassment for MT or the school being markedly different if they got out in front of it or not. If they fluke it up and it never gets out they save face for a kid that by all accounts is well liked by everyone that knows him.

saphojunkie 01-17-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9328240)
I think his point is that the Catholic church and Catholic institutions have a history of trying to handle scandals internally which has bitten them in the ass in the past, and that one would think that they'd strive for more transparency to avoid the sort of reaction that the poster gave of "****ing catholics."

well that's more than reasonable. Fair enough.

Chiefnj2 01-17-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 9328243)
I can understand why they would in this situation particularly if they believe MT which it seems by all indications that they do. What is to be gained for ND by going public?

I don't see the embarrassment for MT or the school being markedly different if they got out in front of it or not. If they fluke it up and it never gets out they save face for a kid that by all accounts is well liked by everyone that knows him.

If you thought your star player was involved in an extortion plot, or some plot to create an NCAA violation, why not report it to the appropriate authority? Why not release your findings if Teo is the victim?

warpaint* 01-17-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9328247)
If you thought your star player was involved in an extortion plot, or some plot to create an NCAA violation, why not report it to the appropriate authority? Why not release your findings if Teo is the victim?

B/C it's really embarrassing and humiliating for the kid? He's a freaking laughingstock now. Unless he ends up being the next Ray Lewis in the pros he'll never live this down.

I am not saying I agree w/ how they handled it. I can just see why they did if they believed he was innocent in all this.

Crush 01-17-2013 12:37 PM

The fake dead girlfriend speaks again.

L K ‏<s>@</s>LennayKay I will be releasing a statement, via twitter, between 11am and noon today.

Crush 01-17-2013 12:38 PM

All times apparently PST.

Joe_Camel 01-17-2013 12:38 PM

In the Deadspin article, reporters Timothy Burke and Jack Dickey write that a woman named Donna Tei reached out to Schulman after she discovered someone involved with Kekua was using her pictures, a fact Schulman confirmed to MTV News.
"Someone tweeted at me, because she was trying to get ahold of me to help her with something related to her image being used in some kind of 'Catfish' hoax," he said. And, having just heard of the story, I went into my 'Catfish' email account, and I have an email from this said person from December that I had not seen, where she does ask for help in regards to someone who was using her picture to create a fake profile. So there's definitely a connection, and this person obviously knows of me and the show and was making an effort to somehow get to the bottom of this."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/170...schulman.jhtml

warpaint* 01-17-2013 12:44 PM

Lol there's a tv show about "catfishing"? I had never even heard of it before yesterday.

Rausch 01-17-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9328221)

No matter what this is the case...

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-17-2013 12:54 PM

I assumed that the "Cat" part of catfishing was a euphemism for pussy.

The Franchise 01-17-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9328290)
No matter what this is the case...

This.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-17-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9328296)
I assumed that the "Cat" part of catfishing was a euphemism for pussy.

And the fish part too

silver5liter 01-17-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9328259)
The fake dead girlfriend speaks again.

L K ‏<s>@</s>LennayKay I will be releasing a statement, via twitter, between 11am and noon today.

Im telling you. It wouldnt surprise me one bit if this person comes out and says it was all him playing a trick on Manti. Trying to save manti's image. But i really cant see a way Manti isnt a part of the whole thing...

splatbass 01-17-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas Chief (Post 9327532)
You gotta be famliy of this guy to be white knighting this much.:rolleyes:

I'm not white knighting him, I just understand Hawaii a lot more than you guys. It is definitely possible he didn't know. You can't judge people from here as if they were from the mainland. The culture is different here.

Gravedigger 01-17-2013 01:13 PM

Who gives a shit about this whole thing?

1. Either he's lying, Notre Dame is lying, everyone is lying, and they made up a fictional person to get Notre Dame and Teo amped up as an organization/person overcoming tragedy then that's hilariously annoying, but not this newsworthy.

2. They're all telling the truth and this is the most underwhelming "news" story and Teo is unbelievably gullible, and its hard to believe that a guy who could have most women between 18-22, has to rely on a woman online that puts off meetings with you and you call your girlfriend. It's incredibly naive and immature like a 8 year old.

But this shouldn't be newsworthy, that bumped Lance Armstrongs interview with Oprah and even hostage situation in the middle east, it's pathetic, and the problem is it's everywhere and I can't get it off my radio/television.

Crush 01-17-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9328334)
I'm not white knighting him, I just understand Hawaii a lot more than you guys. It is definitely possible he didn't know. You can't judge people from here as if they were from the mainland. The culture is different here.

Then why did he lie about physically meeting this girl?

NewChief 01-17-2013 01:17 PM

This is some bullshit:
http://www.salon.com/2013/01/17/notr...uble_standard/
Quote:

Notre Dame’s real dead woman
Manti Te'o's bizarre soap opera moves the school's president to tears, while Lizzy Seeberg's suicide is ignored
BY IRIN CARMON

(Credit: Reuters/Mike Segar)
Less than a day into the Manti Te’o revelations, we’ve heard more about a fake dead girlfriend of a Notre Dame football player than a real dead girl. Lizzy Seeberg committed suicide, not long after being intimidated by Notre Dame football players for reporting a sexual assault by one of their teammates. A second woman who was taken to the hospital for a rape exam declined to formally accuse another Notre Dame football player after getting a series of bullying texts from players.

The handful of people who immediately took note of the contrast in the attention — both by the press and by the university — are absolutely right to be angry. But no one should be surprised.

We don’t know everything about the Te’o saga yet, but there is probably only one fake dead girlfriend mythologized by the sports media, the existence of “Catfish”-ing as a verb notwithstanding. Whereas there are legions of stories of sexual violence against women and men by star athletes and staff, who can reliably count on the impunity offered by fandom. Confronting the former is a little embarrassing: The public equivalent of loving too much, the allure of a heartwarming story everyone wanted to believe. Confronting the latter requires uglier, more difficult self-examination, and accepting collective responsibility costs more.

It matters, too, how we can talk about each story. Some Manti Te’o Twitter jokes were instant classics; no one decent can make jokes about a girl who killed herself after being told, “Don’t do anything you would regret,” and “Messing with Notre Dame football is a bad idea,” according to Melinda Henneberger’s reporting. Henneberger, a Notre Dame alum, wrote in the Washington Post in early December that she won’t be cheering for the team. “As a thought exercise, how many predators would have to be on the team before you’d no longer feel like cheering?” she wrote. (She also said, “There are plenty of good guys on the team, too, I’m repeatedly told, And oh, that Manti Te’o is inspiring. I don’t doubt it.” Very few did.) It’s easier to just change the subject and not think about whether there is something endemic to football culture that enables sexual entitlement with the reasonable assumption of getting away with it.

We all have heard by now how denial and institutional culture contributed to Jerry Sandusky’s ability to continue assaulting young boys for years, under cover of the Penn State football program. But once that was exposed, it was rightly considered an unambiguous evil. But the sexual assault of women can and is often explained away — including the Notre Dame donor who justified his continued support to Henneberger by saying that Seeberg had been sexually aggressive, that “she was all over the boy.” In other words, it’s not just the players who are banding together around their brothers whether they’re rapists or not; it’s the adults around them who are turning a blind eye because they consider other things are more important. And they’re willing to believe anything except that these nice boys can be rapists.

Dave Zirin, who has long called for the Notre Dame football program to be shut down as irredeemably corrupt, pointed out that the university had hired a private investigator for the Te’o case but not the numerous other allegations of wrongdoing by players. Zirin said of the school’s athletic director, “It says so much that Te’o’s bizarre soap opera has moved [Jack] Swarbrick to openly weeping but he hasn’t spared one tear, let alone held one press conference, for Lizzy Seeberg … The problem at Notre Dame is not just football players without a compass; it’s the adults without a conscience.” We live in a country that officially condemns rape and sexual assault but when confronted with the real possibility of it, rarely strays from denial and excuses. That’s the biggest scam of all.

Irin Carmon is a staff writer for Salon. Follow her on Twitter at @irincarmon or email her at icarmon@salon.com.

carlos3652 01-17-2013 01:17 PM

Pretty good read:

http://collegespun.com/big-east/notr...x#.UPhOKh3AdWL

Rausch 01-17-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9328340)

And continue to lie after finding out she was fake?...

Chiefs Pantalones 01-17-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Because he's a piece of shit.

The Franchise 01-17-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9328344)
And continue to lie after finding out she was fake?...

If it's all true and he was duped....then it was probably out of keeping an image. You have an "online girlfriend" for years and you've never met her? You tell people that she came to visit you in Hawaii while you were there.

Thig Lyfe 01-17-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9328335)
Who gives a shit about this whole thing?

1. Either he's lying, Notre Dame is lying, everyone is lying, and they made up a fictional person to get Notre Dame and Teo amped up as an organization/person overcoming tragedy then that's hilariously annoying, but not this newsworthy.

2. They're all telling the truth and this is the most underwhelming "news" story and Teo is unbelievably gullible, and its hard to believe that a guy who could have most women between 18-22, has to rely on a woman online that puts off meetings with you and you call your girlfriend. It's incredibly naive and immature like a 8 year old.

But this shouldn't be newsworthy, that bumped Lance Armstrongs interview with Oprah and even hostage situation in the middle east, it's pathetic, and the problem is it's everywhere and I can't get it off my radio/television.

I think it's the fact that the whole thing is so bizarre and surreal that makes it interesting (and, therefore, newsworthy). So many strange, ****ed up elements to it. And to think that everybody, especially the media, bought and sold the dead girlfriend story wholeheartedly during the season.

This is a compelling human interest story that suddenly exploded into a massive, mysterious cluster****. That's why people give a shit.

Rausch 01-17-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9328356)
If it's all true and he was duped....then it was probably out of keeping an image. You have an "online girlfriend" for years and you've never met her? You tell people that she came to visit you in Hawaii while you were there.

After all that why would I bother believing anything he had to say?...

The Franchise 01-17-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9328360)
After all that why would I bother believing anything he had to say?...

You don't have to. Shit....I'm having a hard time.

AndChiefs 01-17-2013 01:24 PM

LOL, seriously Notre Dame fans? There's a few people in that thread giving this ridiculous notion the time of day.

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/lepr...-hoax-235.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by magogian
I said this mutiple pages ago:

The real story is that a family member of a former USC player and likely fans and boosters of USC engaged in an elaborate hoax to publically humiliate and emotionally destroy the star player of their main rival.

DeezNutz 01-17-2013 01:25 PM

Te'o believes in the Patriot Way.

Rambozo 01-17-2013 01:25 PM

All I know is that when Te'o gets to training camp and opens his locker, he WILL find a blow up doll in there.

Stewie 01-17-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9328342)

Dang! That's some serious shit.

The Franchise 01-17-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 9328365)
LOL, seriously Notre Dame fans? There's a few people in that thread giving this ridiculous notion the time of day.

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/lepr...-hoax-235.html

I've seen that. Notre Dame fans are a lot like Chiefs fans. They're god damn reeruned.

One opinion is that a student at USC did this because Te'o didn't commit at USC. :facepalm:

Unsmooth-Moment 01-17-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9328327)
Im telling you. It wouldnt surprise me one bit if this person comes out and says it was all him playing a trick on Manti. Trying to save manti's image. But i really cant see a way Manti isnt a part of the whole thing...

That would be my prediction.

Saul Good 01-17-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides. (Post 9328305)
And the fish part too

And the "ing" part. Not to get too graphic, but...well...you know.

splatbass 01-17-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

A young man has a relationship with a girl he never met in person and bragged about said relationship and you don't see why he wouldn't want them to know he had never met her?

Crush 01-17-2013 01:33 PM

The fake dead girlfriend speaks:

L K ‏<s>@</s>LennayKay My statement: This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but I have been told by Alabama's offense that Manti Te'o is not real.

silver5liter 01-17-2013 01:33 PM

sigh,the lennay page has jokes

L K ‏@LennayKay

My statement: This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but I have been told by Alabama's offense that Manti Te'o is not real.

The Franchise 01-17-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9328382)
A young man has a relationship with a girl he never met in person and bragged about said relationship and you don't see why he wouldn't want them to know he had never met her?

The only part I don't get is if Te'o really had no part of this.....and had an online relationship with this girl....why wouldn't he demand to come see her as soon as the whole "leukemia" part of the story came into play? You've been talking and "dating" for a year.....and she says that she's dying....you'd think that instantly you'd want to go see her before she's gone.

DeezNutz 01-17-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9328393)
sigh,the lennay page has jokes

L K ‏@LennayKay

My statement: This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but I have been told by Alabama's offense that Manti Te'o is not real.

Oh, shit.

Break up with that bitch, T.

Crush 01-17-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

His family also lied then, because his dad said she visited them in Hawaii in the South Bend article.

warpaint* 01-17-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

I haven't come to any definitive conclusions but this makes as much sense as anything.

We all know naive gullible people. Why is it not possible that he is not one? B/c he plays fball?

And also maybe he is involved. The story is still developing. It will all come out.

KCUnited 01-17-2013 01:38 PM

Since Lennay's death, Te'o has been exchanging texts with McCluster's elusiveness.

DaneMcCloud 01-17-2013 01:39 PM

I'm really shocked at people's gullibility in this case.

Manti Te'o is a liar.

The girl was a fabrication. Notre Dame knew about this fabrication at least since December, yet willingly played along, as to not disrupt the team's focus on the BCS Championship game.

Read the Deadspin articles. There is no question that he and Tuiasosopo perpetrated this hoax.

The question left to ask is "Why?".

warpaint* 01-17-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9328398)
His family also lied then, because his dad said she visited them in Hawaii in the South Bend article.

Not necessarily.

MT makes up lie about her visiting him in Hawaii. Dad hears about it asks why she never met the fam. Oh, she wasn't here very long, was staying w/ friends, didn't have time, we met up at the beach etc and is none the wiser. The quotes I saw were about her vacationing w/ MT in Hawaii not about her attending family dinners, etc. If he has no reason to think son is lying he just repeats what he was told when asked.

It's all conjecture obv. I am just illustrating how something like that could possibly play out.

warpaint* 01-17-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9328406)
Since Lennay's death, Te'o has been exchanging texts with McCluster's elusiveness.

:D:clap:

splatbass 01-17-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9328398)

This is not true. His father specifically said he had never met her in person.

You need to read this thread and all the press about this story more thoroughly. His father said they had hoped to meet her in October, but then she died before that could happen. He apparently had talked to her on the phone.

saphojunkie 01-17-2013 01:43 PM

EDIT: I think the new tweet was from a fake account.

The Franchise 01-17-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9328409)

Manti Te'o is a liar.

The girl was a fabrication. Notre Dame knew about this fabrication at least since December, yet willingly played along, as to not disrupt the team's focus on the BCS Championship game.

Read the Deadspin articles. There is no question that he and Tuiasosopo perpetrated this hoax.

We'll probably never know. People are going to say that he used it as a push for the Heisman.....but that's a huge story being made up for something that isn't guaranteed. Especially a huge story that obviously is pretty easy to expose as false.

splatbass 01-17-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9328409)

Manti Te'o is a liar.

There is a lot of question about it, you are just too cynical to see it.

The Franchise 01-17-2013 01:44 PM

I seriously doubt that now that this is out.....that Tuiasosopo and Te'o are posting bullshit responses from her Twitter account. That thing would have went silent if they were running it.

The Franchise 01-17-2013 01:45 PM

Part of me still believes that he really is that dumb and was duped the whole time. There would be nothing to gain from this for him. It's easy as **** to expose as false and there would be no way that he could remove himself from it.

Jerm 01-17-2013 01:46 PM

If he was punked, why did he talk about in detail numerous times about meeting her and spending time with her?

I believe this was perpetrated by Te'o and at some level ND too...you KNOW his story swayed voters in both the polls and the Heisman, it benefited both of them huge.

There's just no frickin way the best LB on the arguably the most recognized college in America had an internet girlfriend for THREE YEARS that he never saw in person...GTFO outta here.

This girl is supposedly the love of his life and he doesn't even go to the funeral? Sooooo many inconsistencies and things that make you shake your head about this.