ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games **** The Official XBox One Discussion Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279053)

Ceej 01-22-2016 12:07 PM

Finished Deadpool yesterday.

The dialogue and game overall was awesome.

Great game.

Jerm 01-23-2016 08:04 PM

Played Smite today for the first time...never played a MOBA but always wanted to try one and holy shit this is a lot of fun.

I'm a complete noob lol but I can see myself investing a lot of time in this...just need to get the MOBA basics and tactics down now.

Mr. Plow 01-24-2016 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 12045746)
Played Smite today for the first time...never played a MOBA but always wanted to try one and holy shit this is a lot of fun.

I'm a complete noob lol but I can see myself investing a lot of time in this...just need to get the MOBA basics and tactics down now.

My boys love that game. Never tried it myself.

Jerm 01-24-2016 06:22 PM

Ugh after about 10 days with this console I just can't learn to love it lol...thinking about selling it.

Nothing wrong with it...just not for me, miss my PS4. Online has been laggy as hell, don't care for the UI or store, and outside of a few games they just aren't there for me.

If anyone is interested or knows someone that would be...PM me. Let you know what I have.

007 02-05-2016 08:22 AM

damnit I'm getting sick of them throwing out a dashboard update every 4 days. JFC

time to get out of the preview program.

The Franchise 02-05-2016 11:39 AM

http://slickdeals.net/f/8469287-micr...-free-shipping

XBox Live Gold 12 month - $38 plus free shipping.

007 02-22-2016 03:09 PM

now wait a god damned minute. When Live is down I can't play games that I purchased and downloaded to my xbox even though they don't require an internet connection to play? The **** is this ****?

Take your ****ing live and shove it MS. JFC

Valiant 02-24-2016 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 12093836)
now wait a god damned minute. When Live is down I can't play games that I purchased and downloaded to my xbox even though they don't require an internet connection to play? The **** is this ****?

Take your ****ing live and shove it MS. JFC

Playstation is the same way with digital games. As almost every digital platform game is.

007 02-24-2016 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 12098040)
Playstation is the same way with digital games. As almost every digital platform game is.

I haven't had a problem playing my purchased games when PSN was down.

Mr. Plow 03-14-2016 02:20 PM

Xbox One Cross Platform Functionality

Microsoft Wants PS4 and Xbox One to Connect Online
Rocket League announced as first game to support Xbox Live's new Cross-Platform functionality with PC; Microsoft extends invite to "other platforms"

Microsoft has announced it will natively support cross-platform play between Xbox One, Windows 10, and other "online multiplayer networks." The move effectively opens the Xbox Live platform so that it can accommodate players on Sony's PlayStation Network, among others.

The announcement was made on Xbox.com by Chris Charla, director of ID@Xbox, who said "it's up to game developers to support this feature" and noted that players will "always have the option of choosing to play only with other Xbox Live players."

"In addition to natively supporting cross-platform play between Xbox One and Windows 10 games that use Xbox Live, we're enabling developers to support cross-network play as well," Charla explained.

"This means players on Xbox One and Windows 10 using Xbox Live will be able to play with players on different online multiplayer networks--including other consoles and PC networks."

The first game to support the functionality is Psyonix's Rocket League, which will allow Xbox One and PC players to matchmake against each other. Microsoft also extended "an open invitation for other networks to participate as well."

GameSpot has contacted Sony for a comment.

Rocket League supports cross-platform play between the PlayStation 4 and PC versions of the game. When the game launched on Xbox One, it did not contain any cross-platform functionality.

"The Xbox platform doesn't allow for cross-play matchmaking between other systems as a general practice across all titles," developer Psyonix said at the time.

007 03-15-2016 06:21 AM

That should have been happening already. glad to see one of them make a move.

thabear04 03-16-2016 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 12044204)
Finished Deadpool yesterday.

The dialogue and game overall was awesome.

Great game.

Thinking about buying it.

Ceej 03-16-2016 06:12 PM

I can't quit playing Garden Warfare 2.

Valiant 03-17-2016 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 12135254)
I can't quit playing Garden Warfare 2.

They are fun, PVZ:GW1 was a great shooter, and beautiful.

I am waiting on a price drop, think I saw them on sale for 40.

The closest the game reminds me is, MW2. Easy to play, hard to master.
Tons of options on playstyles.

Ceej 03-17-2016 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 12136163)
They are fun, PVZ:GW1 was a great shooter, and beautiful.

I am waiting on a price drop, think I saw them on sale for 40.

The closest the game reminds me is, MW2. Easy to play, hard to master.
Tons of options on playstyles.

I love the characters, maps and colors. $60 was a little steep, but certainly worth it.

The Franchise 04-21-2016 04:35 PM

http://slickdeals.net/f/8685631-vizi...-ac-fs?src=pdw

Vizio 43" M-series 4K + Xbox One 500GB Quantum Break Bundle - $600 AC

Setsuna 04-25-2016 06:09 PM

Not sure why Microsoft and Playstation haven't banded together already....their mutual enemy is PC and they better do something to beat it out. Freaking having a pissing contest for no reason.

Valiant 04-26-2016 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 12195040)
Not sure why Microsoft and Playstation haven't banded together already....their mutual enemy is PC and they better do something to beat it out. Freaking having a pissing contest for no reason.

It is not their enemy, it is their daddy.

Seriously each version gets closer and closer to becoming a full blown PC..

PS4.5 increasing specs so it can handle 4k.

Patents were filed so the consoles could have upgrade-able components for memory and graphic cards to be swapped out.

This whole rivalry thing is hilarious, PC won awhile ago, resistance was futile they got assimilated.

Only thing they should work on is just the hate of the players.

listopencil 04-27-2016 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 12195040)

Hey:

http://now.howstuffworks.com/2016/04...ctric-wood-car

http://cdn.now.howstuffworks.com/med...pg-640-360.jpg

The Toyota Setsuna is assembled without nails or screws using a traditional Japanese wood joinery technique. Toyota

kcxiv 04-28-2016 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 12195674)

Patents were filed so the consoles could have upgrade-able components for memory and graphic cards to be swapped out.

This whole rivalry thing is hilarious, PC won awhile ago, resistance was futile they got assimilated.

huge difference in pc gaming to console gaming is ****ing hackers. they ruin first person shooters. Right now the ps4 nor the XB1 has been cracked. There are no ****ing hacks for fps games on consoles right now. Play a first person shooter in multiplayer and you will see the insane amount of cheaters that just kill pc gaming. There are many many cheat websites out there like aimware/illusion hacks and tmcheats that just make games not fun to play.

New World Order 04-28-2016 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 12195674)

Yet console games get proper optimization.

New World Order 04-28-2016 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 12198804)
huge difference in pc gaming to console gaming is ****ing hackers. they ruin first person shooters. Right now the ps4 nor the XB1 has been cracked. There are no ****ing hacks for fps games on consoles right now. Play a first person shooter in multiplayer and you will see the insane amount of cheaters that just kill pc gaming. There are many many cheat websites out there like aimware/illusion hacks and tmcheats that just make games not fun to play.

MW 2 is brutal.

My fav game but it's unplayable on PC

Mr. Plow 10-11-2016 09:55 AM

Anyone getting Battlefield 1?

Shaid 10-11-2016 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 12477505)
Anyone getting Battlefield 1?

I really like the look but I generally don't buy games right away. I'm cheap so I wait for them to hit that $20 range unless it's just a ridiculously great game.

Mr. Plow 10-11-2016 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 12477517)
I really like the look but I generally don't buy games right away. I'm cheap so I wait for them to hit that $20 range unless it's just a ridiculously great game.

I haven't bought a game in I don't even know how long. Actually, I think the last one was Garden Warfare 2. I've been so desperate for a game to play I went ahead and bought BF1.

Urc Burry 10-11-2016 03:57 PM

The only game I've bought in the last year has been madden. But the next 3 weeks all have a good game coming out. Gears 4, bf1, and skyrim remastered. This is going to be the first BF ive tried. It looks that good

Mr. Plow 10-11-2016 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 12478235)
The only game I've bought in the last year has been madden. But the next 3 weeks all have a good game coming out. Gears 4, bf1, and skyrim remastered. This is going to be the first BF ive tried. It looks that good

How is Madden? Same shit, different year?

Pants 10-11-2016 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 12477532)
I haven't bought a game in I don't even know how long. Actually, I think the last one was Garden Warfare 2. I've been so desperate for a game to play I went ahead and bought BF1.

I played the shit out of the beta and did not do nearly as well as I used to in BFBC2 and BF3. IDK if my reflexes are getting shittier as I age or whether it's because I haven't played an online FPS since, but man... it just did not feel the same.

Still undecided on BF1.

Mr. Plow 10-12-2016 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 12478419)
I played the shit out of the beta and did not do nearly as well as I used to in BFBC2 and BF3. IDK if my reflexes are getting shittier as I age or whether it's because I haven't played an online FPS since, but man... it just did not feel the same.

Still undecided on BF1.

For me, it's a combo of both. I know my reflexes are slower because I'm getting older, but I can tell that not playing as much is a factor as well. Not knowing maps, etc. I'm always dying when I feel like I should be safe.

Then again, I played the most recent COD for awhile and I kept dying because guys would spawn behind me. Games was alright, just couldn't take constantly getting shot from behind because the spawn flipped the moment someone from the other team crossed mid map.

Quesadilla Joe 11-23-2016 07:35 PM

Refurbished Xbox One for $159.99. A refurbished Xbone normally goes for $200

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Ce...red&rmvSB=true

EDIT: They jacked up the price to $189

Dunit35 11-23-2016 07:40 PM

I'd like to buy an Xbox one S. Is it worth it pay the $300 for a 1TB with Battlefield?

I rarely play the 360 anymore.

Mr. Plow 11-24-2016 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 12573710)
I'd like to buy an Xbox one S. Is it worth it pay the $300 for a 1TB with Battlefield?

I rarely play the 360 anymore.

Battlefield 1 is worth it. Doesn't sound like a bad price.

Great Expectations 11-24-2016 08:27 PM

I'd love to trade my one in for an S. How much would that cost me?

thabear04 06-13-2017 06:43 AM

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/11/1...ounced-e3-2017

Xbox One X is Microsoft's next game console, arriving on November 7th for $499

After months of speculation, Microsoft is unveiling its “Project Scorpio” games console today, and it's officially named Xbox One X. Microsoft's Xbox One X naming comes just days after the company trademarked a mysterious S logo, and started dropping Scorpio hints in its E3 teaser videos. Microsoft is planning to launch the Xbox One X on November 7th worldwide, priced at $499.

All existing Xbox One accessories will work on the new Xbox One X — which we got to see first-hand at E3 today — alongside all existing Xbox 360 backwards compatible titles and Xbox One games. Microsoft is planning to use "super sampling" on the One X to make new games look better even on 1080p TVs.

The new console will ship with 6 teraflops of graphical power, more than its main competitor, the PS4 Pro, with 4.2 teraflops. Microsoft is using a custom GPU engine on Scorpio that runs at 1172MHz, a big increase over the Xbox One’s 853MHz and even Sony’s 911MHz found on the PS4 Pro. Microsoft is also shipping the Xbox One X with an Ultra HD Blu-ray drive for 4K movies and entertainment, and 1TB of storage.

Microsoft has previously promised that 900p and 1080p Xbox One games should be able to run at native 4K on the Xbox One X, and that existing Xbox One and 360 games will see a noticeable performance boost. Scorpio also features liquid-cooled vapor-chamber cooling inside, a technology that's used on high-end PC gaming cards like the GTX 1080.

Microsoft says the new Xbox One X is the "smallest Xbox ever," and the black design looks very similar to the existing Xbox One S model. The rear of Microsoft’s new console is based on the Xbox One S, with a HDMI-in port and no dedicated Kinect port. There aren't many external changes over the Xbox One S design, and the X simply gets a little smaller. For now, Microsoft is only shipping the Xbox One X with the black design and 1TB of storage.

One of the first titles for the new console is Forza Motorsport 7, running at native 4K and 60fps. For a closer look at the latest Forza, check out our feature or watch exclusive gameplay below. Forza Motorsport 7 will debut on October 3rd.

Microsoft has 22 "console launch exclusives" arriving on the Xbox One X, including Crackdown 3, Forza Motorsport 7, and Sea of Thieves. Microsoft's Xbox chief, Phil Spencer, introduced a number of new titles and left most of the company's E3 press conference up to the games themselves. Microsoft is even bringing original Xbox games to the Xbox One family, starting with Crimson Skies.

Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3, Killer Instinct, Halo Wars 2, and Minecraft will all be updated free of charge to 4K support. Microsoft also has more than 30 third-party titles that will be updated with the Xbox One X Enhanced program. The new Xbox One X will now debut worldwide on November 7th, priced at $499, £449, 499 euro, 599 Canadian dollars, and 649 Australian dollars.

Pants 06-13-2017 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 12914284)
https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/11/1...ounced-e3-2017

Xbox One X is Microsoft's next game console, arriving on November 7th for $499

After months of speculation, Microsoft is unveiling its “Project Scorpio” games console today, and it's officially named Xbox One X. Microsoft's Xbox One X naming comes just days after the company trademarked a mysterious S logo, and started dropping Scorpio hints in its E3 teaser videos. Microsoft is planning to launch the Xbox One X on November 7th worldwide, priced at $499.

All existing Xbox One accessories will work on the new Xbox One X — which we got to see first-hand at E3 today — alongside all existing Xbox 360 backwards compatible titles and Xbox One games. Microsoft is planning to use "super sampling" on the One X to make new games look better even on 1080p TVs.

The new console will ship with 6 teraflops of graphical power, more than its main competitor, the PS4 Pro, with 4.2 teraflops. Microsoft is using a custom GPU engine on Scorpio that runs at 1172MHz, a big increase over the Xbox One’s 853MHz and even Sony’s 911MHz found on the PS4 Pro. Microsoft is also shipping the Xbox One X with an Ultra HD Blu-ray drive for 4K movies and entertainment, and 1TB of storage.

Microsoft has previously promised that 900p and 1080p Xbox One games should be able to run at native 4K on the Xbox One X, and that existing Xbox One and 360 games will see a noticeable performance boost. Scorpio also features liquid-cooled vapor-chamber cooling inside, a technology that's used on high-end PC gaming cards like the GTX 1080.

Microsoft says the new Xbox One X is the "smallest Xbox ever," and the black design looks very similar to the existing Xbox One S model. The rear of Microsoft’s new console is based on the Xbox One S, with a HDMI-in port and no dedicated Kinect port. There aren't many external changes over the Xbox One S design, and the X simply gets a little smaller. For now, Microsoft is only shipping the Xbox One X with the black design and 1TB of storage.

One of the first titles for the new console is Forza Motorsport 7, running at native 4K and 60fps. For a closer look at the latest Forza, check out our feature or watch exclusive gameplay below. Forza Motorsport 7 will debut on October 3rd.

Microsoft has 22 "console launch exclusives" arriving on the Xbox One X, including Crackdown 3, Forza Motorsport 7, and Sea of Thieves. Microsoft's Xbox chief, Phil Spencer, introduced a number of new titles and left most of the company's E3 press conference up to the games themselves. Microsoft is even bringing original Xbox games to the Xbox One family, starting with Crimson Skies.

Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3, Killer Instinct, Halo Wars 2, and Minecraft will all be updated free of charge to 4K support. Microsoft also has more than 30 third-party titles that will be updated with the Xbox One X Enhanced program. The new Xbox One X will now debut worldwide on November 7th, priced at $499, £449, 499 euro, 599 Canadian dollars, and 649 Australian dollars.

Basically the equivalent of my gaming PC, which has a GTX 1070 in it, for the price of just a GTX 1070 card. That's a really good ****ing deal.

Urc Burry 06-13-2017 08:15 PM

Noob question. I play on a 6 month old 4K tv. It's not HDR though. Will that be necessary to get everything out of the Xbox one X? I'll probably get it on release still, but wasn't sure how the TV would do

Anyong Bluth 06-13-2017 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 12915436)
Noob question. I play on a 6 month old 4K tv. It's not HDR though. Will that be necessary to get everything out of the Xbox one X? I'll probably get it on release still, but wasn't sure how the TV would do

Throw it out.

Okay, to be honest, 4k is rather negligible unless you have a HUGE screen and closer distance. HDR is actually not gimmicky. If you watch source material shot in HDR, the difference is rather awesome.
Not SD to HD awesome, but it's not an image processing algorithm like cinemotion. It simply is able to expand the color field to better represent the what the natural eye can see.
Notice low levels don't fade out to black, high levels don't wash out white. And the color differentiation really kicks up the details because they don't mush colors, giving better contrast and brightness reproduction.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...83c0f78399.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...537c2d51ae.jpg
This is an Xbox one X comparison shot

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...bb544e80d0.jpg

The crazy thing is that HDR still only covers 75.8% of the color space. Still lots of room to improve in reproducing what we actually can see in our daily lives.

Pants 06-13-2017 09:48 PM

I wouldn't say that 4K is negligible. Far from it. Very far, actually.

HDR is a must, however.

Third Eye 06-14-2017 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 12915561)

HDR is a must, however.

For most people, it really is negligible. Most people still have 40 inch screens. To even notice a difference at that size, you have to be within 5 feet of the tv. 2-3 ft to really max out the difference. Now if you've got a 70+ inch tv, then we can start talking about sitting at a reasonable enough distance and really enjoying what 4K has to offer. That's a pretty small percentage of folks though. Also, this is strictly in reference to resolution, not other tech like HDR.

Pants 06-14-2017 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 12917178)
For most people, it really is negligible. Most people still have 40 inch screens. To even notice a difference at that size, you have to be within 5 feet of the tv. 2-3 ft to really max out the difference. Now if you've got a 70+ inch tv, then we can start talking about sitting at a reasonable enough distance and really enjoying what 4K has to offer. That's a pretty small percentage of folks though. Also, this is strictly in reference to resolution, not other tech like HDR.

Have you seen this chart?

http://i.rtings.com/images/resolutio...ra-hd-size.png

The difference between HD and 4K is greater than SD to HD...

It doesn't seem as jarring as HD to SD because SD was just such shit, but it's still a huge difference. Try going back to 1080 after you see actual 4K source material on a 4K TV...

Anyong Bluth 06-14-2017 11:04 PM

Quote:

HDR is a must, however.

Well, I've got a 70 inch 4k, and an HD projector that I throw an 180inch picture on screen to watch normally.

Having gone and viewed 4k projectors, I don't find the difference to be such a step up to drive me to upgrade.

HDR material is to me where 4k meets having value for upgrading.

I'm not debating on the question of whether or not there's better resolution. It's just a technology of diminishing returns. A 30 megapixel vs 50 megapixel doesn't mean you are going to gain much more visually if looking at it zoomed all the way out.

HDRs colorspace is a tangible advance in my opinion. No doubt that the 4k is important to the HDRs improved PQ.

Pants 06-14-2017 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12917214)
Well, I've got a 70 inch 4k, and an HD projector that I throw an 180inch picture on screen to watch normally.

Having gone and viewed 4k projectors, I don't find the difference to be such a step up to drive me to upgrade.

HDR material is to me where 4k meets having value for upgrading.

I'm not debating on the question of whether or not there's better resolution. It's just a technology of diminishing returns. A 30 megapixel vs 50 megapixel doesn't mean you are going to gain much more visually if looking at it zoomed all the way out.

HDRs colorspace is a tangible advance in my opinion. No doubt that the 4k is important to the HDRs improved PQ.

I see your point, man. I perceive a difference, but deciding whether it's worth the upgrade is wholly subjective.

Third Eye 06-15-2017 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 12917197)
Have you seen this chart?

http://i.rtings.com/images/resolutio...ra-hd-size.png

The difference between HD and 4K is greater than SD to HD...

It doesn't seem as jarring as HD to SD because SD was just such shit, but it's still a huge difference. Try going back to 1080 after you see actual 4K source material on a 4K TV...

I see your chart and raise you this article:

https://www.cnet.com/news/why-ultra-...-still-stupid/

Essentially, while it's absolutely true that there is a boatload more information passed through 4K, the human eye has a finite ability to perceive resolution.

Miles 06-15-2017 02:56 AM

Quote:

HDR is a must, however.

Completely agree on 4k. It's quite noticeable with good source material.

HDR is an even bigger deal IMO but many current TVs still don't get bright enough to fully see it.

Demonpenz 06-15-2017 01:01 PM

I bought an xbox one on craigslist the other day

Pants 06-15-2017 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 12917290)
I see your chart and raise you this article:

https://www.cnet.com/news/why-ultra-...-still-stupid/

Essentially, while it's absolutely true that there is a boatload more information passed through 4K, the human eye has a finite ability to perceive resolution.

I can't really argue with that article. I feel like I can see the difference in sharpness, but maybe I'm just not far enough away.

Anyong Bluth 06-15-2017 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 12917313)
Completely agree on 4k. It's quite noticeable with good source material.

HDR is an even bigger deal IMO but many current TVs still don't get bright enough to fully see it.

HDR "upscaling", an interpolation algorithm, to to mimic HDR from non HDR shot sources is horrible horrible horrible right now.

Also, you're right, it darkens PQ way too much. It almost looks more like it's tinted brown.

It'll improve, HD upscaling made monumental advances.

If you have ever played around with video editing software, some of the more obscure conversion programs can take a vcr quality picture and get you close to HD. Of course, it takes about 3 days running nonstop doing multiple passes, and the file output size is enormous. Now a days you could upscale it, end up with a that giant file, and then convert it again to h265 to make it manageable for storage and playback.