ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL NEW 2011-2012 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257765)

Ceej 06-17-2012 12:11 PM

There's no issue in hiring this guy.

Basically plug him in until he gets more college coaching offers.

sedated 06-17-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8683706)
How so? He was a pretty bad head coach anyway.

(to reiderate what others have said) It's not a coaching position, but he was good enough at that to make fuggin Nebraska respectable. Now we essentially have an extra coach to lend some Xs and Os when Self wants some help.

But I know you are just trolling, so you might want to learn what you are talking about before you mouth off and end up looking like an idiot.

Buehler445 06-17-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 8684299)
(to reiderate what others have said) It's not a coaching position, but he was good enough at that to make fuggin Nebraska respectable. Now we essentially have an extra coach to lend some Xs and Os when Self wants some help.

But I know you are just trolling, so you might want to learn what you are talking about before you mouth off and end up looking like an idiot.

Billay doesn't care if he looks like a go tard. You know better than that.

Titty Meat 06-17-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 8684299)

Actually I wasn't trolling but its cute how defensive you get when I'm around. He was a shitty coach who put up 2 of the worst seasons in nebrasketball history.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

sedated 06-17-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8685025)
its cute how defensive you get when I'm around.

Consider it "the troll who cried wolf" treatment.

Titty Meat 06-17-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 8685042)
Consider it "the troll who cried wolf" treatment.

Lol got it.

WilliamTheIrish 06-17-2012 05:24 PM

Doc's a good guy. Poor recruiter, meh X's O's guy. He may have been 101-89 overall but he was 34-64 in conference including 2-14 his final Big XII season. Although that doesn't stop the usual suspects from fawning over him for the ability have "close losses*".

See: Wooldrige, James.

CoMoChief 06-17-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 8685182)
Doc's a good guy. Poor recruiter, meh X's O's guy. He may have been 101-89 overall but he was 34-64 in conference including 2-14 his final Big XII season. Although that doesn't stop the usual suspects from fawning over him for the ability have "close losses*".

See: Wooldrige, James.

He's a good coach, considering what he had to work with at Nebraska.

Not a bad hire by any means. The loss of Manning is going to hurt Kansas a lot though IMO. I would have forked over the money it would have taken to keep him.

IMO Manning will be a HC for Kansas sometime in the future, considering he does well at Tulsa and where ever he may land after that.

WilliamTheIrish 06-17-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8685313)
He's a good coach, considering what he had to work with at Nebraska.

LMAO
I love that statement. He worked with what he recruited. And he didn't recruit well.

Doc was fortunate that Gillespie left him some players at UTEP so he could use that one season to move up the ladder. He's actually a worse coach than and Danny Nee and about the same as Barry Collier.

CoMoChief 06-17-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 8685331)
LMAO
I love that statement. He worked with what he recruited. And he didn't recruit well.

Doc was fortunate that Gillespie left him some players at UTEP so he could use that one season to move up the ladder. He's actually a worse coach than and Danny Nee and about the same as Barry Collier.

Danny Nee got the Huskers to the dance 4 years in a row and a conf. tourney championship in the early 90's....probably the best time of the entire program's history. He's without question the best coach in recent NEB history.

Titty Meat 06-17-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 8685331)
LMAO

Exactly. Sadler had poor tools to work with and a lot of it wasn't his fault yet he was still getting out recruited by schools like Creighton. Nobody mentions all the talent albeit limited that he ran off (white, standhardinger, etc) ffs one year a guy from a d3 school got the majority of playing time. Also nobody mentions how a few years ago docs team pissed away the last 3 games because of his coaching which coated them a shot at the dance.

Lzen 06-19-2012 07:41 AM

Chalmers able to handle Heat criticisms

The Daily Dan Wolken
Share This Story

Updated Jun 18, 2012 10:54 PM ET

MIAMI
It’s hard to have much sympathy for anyone or anything associated with the Miami Heat, and it’s not all about LeBron James, either.

Dwyane Wade? He’s already got his championship. Chris Bosh? Hey, he volunteered to be the third wheel in this circus. As for the rest, even if you acknowledge that they’re all under a significant amount of pressure to deliver a title, there’s really not a whole to complain about if they don’t. Can Mike Miller really feel sorry for himself when he’s pocketing $5.4 million this season to average one 3-pointer per playoff game and watch James play some of the best basketball the league has seen? Never mind that whole thing about spending nine months of the year in a city where the rest of the NBA comes to vacation.
But there is one member of the Heat organization who deserves sympathy on almost a nightly basis. In these NBA Finals, I’m starting to feel bad for Mario Chalmers.
It has been something of a running joke the past couple years, the way Miami’s veterans berate Chalmers when he takes a bad shot or commits a turnover. But it’s happening so frequently now, so publicly, it’s almost uncomfortable to watch.
A couple wobbly possessions at the end of Game 2? There’s Bosh coming to a timeout huddle, screaming something unholy at Chalmers. A bad shot in the third quarter of Game 3? There’s James grilling Chalmers coldly. A missed defensive rotation on Russell Westbrook? There’s Erik Spoelstra going crazy, and you can take one guess at whom his anger is directed.
It’s almost as though the Heat have found a security blanket in the midst of these nip-and-tuck Finals games. When something’s going wrong, yelling at Chalmers makes it all feel better.
“It’s not always champagne and roses in the locker room,” veteran forward Shane Battier said. "There’s tough talk sometimes, and in a situation like this where tension and pressure is high, things get said. Would we all like a better manner at some point? Yeah, but he’s man enough to take it.”
And God bless him for it, because I’m not sure how many other players in the NBA would be able to withstand this much verbal abuse — especially

Granted, Chalmers has not had a terrific series against the Oklahoma City Thunder. After a 12-point, six-assist performance in Game 1, he’s made just 2-of-15 field goals since.
But Chalmers doesn’t have an easy job. Not only is he a four-year pro starting on a team full of veterans, he’s the point guard playing alongside some of the biggest divas this league has seen. It’s an easy balance, especially when he knows what’s coming if he doesn’t execute something just the way James or Wade expect.
“Everyone wants the best for Mario,” said forward Juwan Howard, who acknowledged not every young guard can handle that kind of treatment. “He’s able to accept criticism and use it to his advantage. Some guys will go into a shell and become very sensitive. He’s not sensitive at all. He takes the abuse, and what I love about him is he finds a way to get better.”
There is definitely a little brother aspect to the dynamic between Chalmers and his veteran teammates. They pick on him because they know he won’t complain, and he takes it because he’s deferential to the point of being intimidated.

Even when pressed about the abuse he takes every night, Chalmers has come to accept that it’s just part of the deal. And since the little brother never really stops being the little brother, it’s not going to change.
“For me, being a point guard, I have to be on my A-game every night,” he said. “If I make a mistake, my teammates are going to get on me.”
But Chalmers is only a couple wins away now from joining a select group of players with both NBA and NCAA titles, the latter of which he delivered to Kansas with a regulation game-tying, 3-pointer against Memphis in the 2008 championship game. The confidence to take and make big shots has been part of his aura since.
“He has amazing stones,” Battier said.
At some point in this series, the Heat will need Chalmers to show them. If he doesn’t? Well, we all know at whom LeBron will yell.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/m...mi-heat-061812

Reerun_KC 06-19-2012 07:58 AM

How cute is it to see Ballsack and Billay blowing each other in a KU thread...

Mr. Laz 06-19-2012 11:03 AM

KUsports.com ‏@KUsports
KU released its academic APR numbers today & for the 6th straight year men's basketball received a perfect score. #KUbball #theylovestreaks
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

Dave Lane 06-19-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8688260)
KUsports.com ‏@KUsports
KU released its academic APR numbers today & for the 6th straight year men's basketball received a perfect score. #KUbball #theylovestreaks
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

Damn. Anyone miss Roy? Anyone?

Self IS the man.