ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Battlefield 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241301)

Dayze 12-21-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 8225941)
No... do you have any friends?

:D
yeah, but they either play MW or they don't play multiplayer.

I'll probably try to find a sparsely populated server; or filter by unranked matches to see if I can find anything.

I guess worst case I'll just hop on a real game and give it a go.

Mr. Plow 12-21-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 8225941)
No... do you have any friends?

And the really shitty thing is, you can't do it split screen.

WV 12-21-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 8225857)
So a recon guy using SOFLAM and an engineer with a javelin = major destruction against vehicles.

WV and I tore some vehicles up last night. Apparently locking on with the SOFLAM and hitting a target with a javelin equals major damage bonus. We were one-shotting helicopters all night, where one hit would make them explode, killing everybody in it.

I can imagine a squad of a recon guy, two engineers w/ javelins, and a support guy could do a ton of damage on the vehicle based maps.

It was awesome....I'm going to work on unlocking the SOFLAM tonight.

Johnny Vegas 12-21-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8225849)
anyone know how to practice flying helicopters w/out destroying your team?

I tried to hop on an empty server last night to practice flying, but it said it couldn't connect. I had a connection (had been playing regular Conquest matches prior and after).

I'd really hate to 'practice' during a real game etc. I've read where some peopel say to do that, but I just can't bring myself to it if there's an alternative.

the controls that are set up on default are shitty to master. I switch the heli/jet sticks to legacy and heli/jet button lay out to lefty. I am much better with these controls. I would just practice on conquest games on maps like Kharg island all the time.

Pants 12-21-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

So a recon guy using SOFLAM and an engineer with a javelin = major destruction against vehicles.

WV and I tore some vehicles up last night. Apparently locking on with the SOFLAM and hitting a target with a javelin equals major damage bonus. We were one-shotting helicopters all night, where one hit would make them explode, killing everybody in it.

I can imagine a squad of a recon guy, two engineers w/ javelins, and a support guy could do a ton of damage on the vehicle based maps.

That's awesome. Makes sense they would do that because otherwise it seemed like SOFLAM would be pretty useless. Wish I had tried it when I was playing BF3.

Dayze 12-21-2011 03:53 PM

so with the SOFLAM, does the recon guy need to be near the Engineer?

I guess, specificaly, does the recon and engineer need to have voice communication to pull it off?

loochy 12-21-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Yeah, using the SOFLAM activates the top down attack mode for the Javelin...that's why it does more damage.

WV 12-21-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8226522)
so with the SOFLAM, does the recon guy need to be near the Engineer?

I guess, specificaly, does the recon and engineer need to have voice communication to pull it off?

No....once spotted with the SOFLAM the target has a red square around it letting you know it's been "painted". You can technically be across the map from one another.

Johnny Vegas 12-21-2011 04:00 PM

I'm goin' on for the PS3 if anyone wants to go. I got xbox, too.

Dayze 12-21-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 8226533)
No....once spotted with the SOFLAM the target has a red square around it letting you know it's been "painted". You can technically be across the map from one another.

cool. thanks.

loochy 12-21-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 8226533)

The SOFLAM can target aerial targets too, so you can hit them with your Javelin.

Also, the SOFLAM is useful for jet and helicopter pilots as it aids their guided missiles.

Dayze 12-21-2011 04:22 PM

I'm thinking Recon might be the next class I work on. I've progressed quite a bit through Support and ready to mix it up a bit/switch back and forth etc.

WhitiE 12-21-2011 04:30 PM

Got it for the ps3 now so add me

Bambi 12-21-2011 04:56 PM

Soflam is also sick with the guided shell in a tank if your gunner is running it. ala Valdar

Kraus 12-21-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8226469)
That's awesome. Makes sense they would do that because otherwise it seemed like SOFLAM would be pretty useless. Wish I had tried it when I was playing BF3.

So are you never going to play again?

BTW I'm hopping on now if anybody wants to play.