ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***Official Draft Tyler Wilson Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263693)

Mr. Flopnuts 01-24-2013 10:05 AM

I do have to give it up to Tyler for coming back his senior season, then having to deal with the Petrino bullshit, the awful ****ing coaching of John L. Smith, and come out of it as well as he has. I'm pretty impressed with the guy the more and more I think about it. He's quickly going from 2 to 1a.

Sorter 01-24-2013 10:05 AM

Geno or Wilson are going to be awesome.

mdchiefsfan 01-24-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9347080)
I wouldn't wanna mess up what he's been doing his whole life, but I'd like it if Wilson would shorten up his delivery. The bottom nose of the ball drops too low when he's going through his throwing motion. I'd like to see no wasted motion and keep the bottom nose of the ball not go that low where it's almost below his waist. His delivery kind of looks like Schaub's. He too would get the ball out a lot faster if he'd shorten and tighten it up a bit. Seems like a great guy. Again, he or Geno would own this town.

Yea that is one area I have an issue with. He tends to side-arm some of his throws and it puts a significant wobble on the ball. He gets rushed a lot so maybe it's forcing him to rush his throw, creating the side-arm effect.

One positive is, he is nails when he is about to get cracked. His accuracy seems to increase while he's getting rocked. Kinda scary some of the hits he has taken though.

HolyHat 01-24-2013 10:08 AM

I've really started to dig on Wilson, I'm pretty impressed. I would be fine with him or Geno.

htismaqe 01-24-2013 10:10 AM

Man, I'm getting seriously stoked at the thought of Wilson lining up under center next year...

suds79 01-24-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9347131)
Man, I'm getting seriously stoked at the thought of Wilson lining up under center next year...

I've been saying for a while now I was on the Geno & Wilson bandwagon. As long as the Chiefs get one of them, I'll be happy.

I think I'd be almost giddy about finally seeing a good strong armed KC QB. Been a while since I've seen that.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-24-2013 10:15 AM

IF he has a solid performance on Saturday...I'd say he leapfrogs Geno as the consencus #1 QB.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-24-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9347149)
IF he has a solid performance on Saturday...I'd say he leapfrogs Geno as the consencus #1 QB.

Honestly, I agree. And it's Geno's fault for not showing up. I know why, I've just NEVER agreed with it. He loses points with me for that.

KCrockaholic 01-24-2013 10:17 AM

I'm slowly coming around on him. Show me something that could make me think he's better then Geno though. I still haven't really seen it besides the fact that he played in a pro style offense.

Rambozo 01-24-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9347131)

Good to hear! Wilson is the man!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9347160)
Honestly, I agree. And it's Geno's fault for not showing up. I know why, I've just NEVER agreed with it. He loses points with me for that.

Yep, like I said at the beginning of the week when some people killed me for it, Geno has no business skipping the senior bowl. He is not a good enough prospect to skip it. In fact, it draws big red flags imo because he should know this. Is he hiding something? Is there a major flaw that would be exposed?

htismaqe 01-24-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9347149)

Certainly possible.

On the flipside, if he tanks in the game, it could hurt.

Geno doesn't have to worry about that.

I see the logic of both approaches, actually.

htismaqe 01-24-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9347165)
Good to hear! Wilson is the man!

I would still rather have Geno.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9347165)
Yep, like I said at the beginning of the week when some people killed me for it, Geno has no business skipping the senior bowl. He is not a good enough prospect to skip it. In fact, it draws big red flags imo because he should know this. Is he hiding something? Is there a major flaw that would be exposed?

In OUR opinion.

It only matters what teams think about it. They likely won't care much, if at all.

Again, guys skip the Senior Bowl ALL THE TIME.

mdchiefsfan 01-24-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9347163)
I'm slowly coming around on him. Show me something that could make me think he's better then Geno though. I still haven't really seen it besides the fact that he played in a pro style offense.

If Reid goes with him it's going to be based on the little things. His interviews, what coaches have to say about him, playing in a pro-style offense, and playing in the SEC. Now I'm not bashing, but Geno's tape shows better so it's going to have to come down to character and what they feel he can develop into.

I don't think there is anything that I can show you that will convince you that Wilson is better than Geno at the moment. I would like to see this as well if I am way off base here.

mdchiefsfan 01-24-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9347182)
Certainly possible.

On the flipside, if he tanks in the game, it could hurt.

Geno doesn't have to worry about that.

I see the logic of both approaches, actually.

Same here

Mr_Tomahawk 01-24-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9347163)

He isn't better than Geno.

Geno and Wilson are two completely different types of QB's.

IMO, Geno is the smooth and cool QB. Tyler is the gritty gunslinger.

It's a matter of preference.