ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

Mr. Laz 12-01-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9167973)
Yeah, I just found the post and you did specify that it was speculation. A few others are running with it as fact. Apologies to you...

thanks

yea, also it didn't start with me

not that it matters it really, just sayin'

Shogun 12-01-2012 02:16 PM

Andrew Bynum @33Bynum

For every FOLLOW I get and RT this gets I will donate $1 to the beautiful child that lost her parents in the @Jovan_Belcher murder/suicide.

class

GoShox 12-01-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 9167999)
Andrew Bynum @33Bynum

For every FOLLOW I get and RT this gets I will donate $1 to the beautiful child that lost her parents in the @Jovan_Belcher murder/suicide.

class

That's not the real Andrew Bynum.

Mr. Laz 12-01-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9167974)
Done in poor taste.

why is that?

some people have wondered if it was drugs
some people have wonder if he was just an evil man

people are trying to make sense of it and wonder why about the whole thing.

what makes it any different than any other "why?" discussion/reason

Rams Fan 12-01-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 9167999)
Andrew Bynum @33Bynum

class

That's not his real account.

AdumbGuy 12-01-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9167944)
suppose the players want to play?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the players turn out not to be the fragile porcelain vases some are making them out to be.

C'mon man, dude shot himself in front of Romeo. You want romeo thinking about how he's going to replace the dude that just shot himself dead in front of him less than 24 hours ago? Porcelain vases? That's some rough shit.

jspchief 12-01-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9168003)
why is that?

some people have wondered if it was drugs
some people have wonder if he was just an evil man

people are trying to make sense of it and wonder why about the whole thing.

what makes it any different than any other "why?" discussion/reason

I just feel that spreading a rumor that slanders the victim is low character. I mean, what's the point? So you can scoop the story on Chiefsplanet. It's gossip in its ugliest form.

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-01-2012 02:23 PM

I wake up to this today and my own problems don't seem so big. Can't believe this happened. It's so sad.

RNR 12-01-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9167520)
Very sad.

I remember when Seau did himself. I was pissed based on the fact that teenage suicide rates are skyrocketing and Seau, as a hero to thousands, wasn't doing anybody any favors by taking the selfish way out.

I suppose the silver lining in this case is that Belcher was fairly unknown. My heart goes out to his girlfriend and all the other people affected by these stupid, selfish, actions.

Meanwhile, my crazy brain wanders and I begin to wonder about whether or not the Chiefs have a decent player-support program in place. My hatred of Pioli is so extreme, I can't help thinking that they have probably cut back on those kinds of initiatives as a cost-saving measure.

What a freaking mess. My condolences to all Chiefs fans for having to deal with this.

FAX

It is sad thing all the way around. It Seau's case there was years of head trauma involved. Much like Mike Webster and several other former greats that showed irrational behavior is their post career lives. I have no idea what this guys problem was~

FAX 12-01-2012 02:25 PM

One of the first things that, unfortunately, crossed my diseased mind was whether or not the Chiefs had an in-house counselor ... or, at least, someone on retainer whom the players could turn to for emotional assistance. Now it sounds like they don't.

These are young guys who know one thing; football. They have had limited life experience and are, for the most part, only a few years out of college. It's a bunch of guys who need guidance and support as they acclimate to life as an NFL player and, hopefully, a responsible, adult human being. Most of these players are individuals who have been rewarded for violence all their lives, been adored by family, friends, and strangers alike, all while having experienced little or no serious, personal disappointments outside of losing a football game or two.

It seems to me that is one description of an at-risk group of people. I hope to God that Pioli didn't eliminate the player support programs in order to impress Clark with his cost-cutting initiatives.

FAX

58-4ever 12-01-2012 02:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pic of the victims. :( Sad sad day.

RNR 12-01-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9167982)
I think that is a fireable offense on a 1-10 team. Pathetic, if true.

What in the **** does the Chiefs record have to do with this?

Fish 12-01-2012 02:29 PM

Edit: Gone.

I have 4 tickets to give away to someone who would like to go to Arrowhead and support the players tomorrow. PM me and I will e-mail them to you.

FAX 12-01-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 9168033)
It is sad thing all the way around. It Seau's case there was years of head trauma involved. Much like Mike Webster and several other former greats that showed irrational behavior is their post career lives. I have no idea what this guys problem was~

I suppose I should cut Seau some slack based upon the "head trauma" factor.

If that's true, it isn't appropriate to judge his actions. Nevertheless, by all accounts, he was functioning pretty well in most areas of his life ... other than his relationships, obviously ...

Still, too many question marks for my high horse to clear, I suppose.

FAX

OnTheWarpath15 12-01-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9168052)
I have 4 tickets to give away to someone who would like to go to Arrowhead and support the players tomorrow. PM me and I will e-mail them to you.

PM sent.