ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How does Dwayne Bowe rank among the elite WR's? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261499)

OnTheWarpath15 07-20-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8755484)
so, you have no clue what Bowe is demanding, but we should pay it...no matter what it is?

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8755494)
You think he's demanding more than Fitz? Does common sense suggest that this is likely?

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8755495)
No, I think anyone with half a brain knows that it's extremely unlikely Bowe is asking for MORE than Fitzgerald - therefore are perfectly content giving him what he's asking for.

Most of the people on this side of the argument are perfectly content with him getting $45-50M guaranteed.

"No matter what it is" is a ****ing cop out.

Amazing how people will ignore common sense to keep their "blank check" argument alive.

DeezNutz 07-20-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8755496)
Seriously, **** you.

LMAO

Whatever, Jerry Jones.

the Talking Can 07-20-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8755564)
Anyone "worried" about the salary cap also hasn't taken into consideration the expected huge increase that begins in 2014. An additional $1.2 billion in rights fees begins that year, which is an additional $37.5 million per team, approximately half of which will be required as salary.

Using the "Salary Cap" is a poor excuse.

'salary cap' is code for "i care about Clark's money more than winning"

nothing about Bowe's contract is going to hamper us in the least...

take whatever random number the "i worry about Clark's money" crowd claims is the limit..add $10 million over the life of the contract...guess what happens to the chiefs?

yea, nothing...

but maybe we're saving Bowe's money to resign Carr

Micjones 07-20-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8755564)
Anyone "worried" about the salary cap also hasn't taken into consideration the expected huge increase that begins in 2014. An additional $1.2 billion in rights fees begins that year, which is an additional $37.5 million per team, approximately half of which will be required as salary.

Using the "Salary Cap" is a poor excuse.

You said earlier that he should be paid commensurate with his body of work.
No reason to lose sight of that because there's extra money available.
Surely there are other ways that money can be spent.

I'm all for paying Bowe, handsomely, but there should be a limit to what they'll offer him.

DaneMcCloud 07-20-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8755589)
You said earlier that he should be paid commensurate with his body of work.

Absolutely. And clearly, the Chiefs low balled him or he'd have a deal.

Quote:

Surely there are other ways that money can be spent.

Surely. But where? Carr is gone. The right tackle is locked up. DJ, Hali, Berry, Flowers, Breaston, Boss and Charles have all been "paid".

Should the Chiefs give Albert and Dorsey enormous deals that push out both Bowe and Carr? Not only does that seem unlikely, it wouldn't be in line with Pioli's M.O.

So where does this cap savings end up? I'd suggest looking no further than Clark Hunt's wallet.

Quote:

I'm all for paying Bowe, handsomely, but there should be a limit to what they'll offer him.

I don't think that any reasonable person would suggest that Bowe be paid more than he's worth. Now sure, that "worth" is probably more to a receiver starved team like the Chiefs but I'm betting on the open market, teams like Denver, Baltimore, Indy, the Giants, Eagles, etc. would "overpay" him.

I don't think that too many Chiefs fans expected Carr to get $10 million per on the open market. And I'm pretty sure they'd be shocked at Bowe's price on the open market as well.

IMO, there was no reason for this to happen. Bowe should have been locked up so the team could move on to 2013 decisions like Albert, Dorsey and of course, a QB.

Brock 07-20-2012 12:19 PM

This team is an eternal dog, and no wonder. Half the fans excuse it over and over again. wrings hands "Oh gosh Clark don't spend all daddy's money on this guy we might end up in salary cap hell even thought that's never happened in the history of the salary cap". Jesus Christ.

the Talking Can 07-20-2012 12:25 PM

and "salary cap hell" is a bigger concern than you know having sucked ass for decades...

pretty much like drafting a QB is too risky...we might break our unbroken streak of sucking ass

Messier 07-20-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8755622)
This team is an eternal dog, and no wonder. Half the fans excuse it over and over again. wrings hands "Oh gosh Clark don't spend all daddy's money on this guy we might end up in salary cap hell even thought that's never happened in the history of the salary cap". Jesus Christ.

Sorry, how is in any way any fans fault the team is a dog?

OnTheWarpath15 07-20-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8755632)
<del>and "salary cap hell"</del> Something that doesn't exisit is a bigger concern than you know having sucked ass for decades...

pretty much like drafting a QB is too risky...we might break our unbroken streak of sucking ass

FYP.

Chiefnj2 07-20-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8755637)
Sorry, how is in any way any fans fault the team is a dog?

The fans excuse the final product and continue going to games and supporting the team.

Brock 07-20-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8755647)
The fans excuse the final product and continue going to games and supporting the team.

"There's always next year!"

Hammock Parties 07-20-2012 12:32 PM

How many times did salary cap hell actually occur? The 49ers in the late 90s/early aughts?

Did it even happen again?

DeezNutz 07-20-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8755649)
"There's always next year!"

Assuming we don't spend too much money, of course.

"We could be the (insert name of team that participates in FA)!!!!! And that's bad business!!!11"

Messier 07-20-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8755647)

So be mad at all the fans that go to the games. But what do you mean excuse the final product?

If fans have that much power, I guess those that are angry just aren't doing enough to change things, and should try harder.

DeezNutz 07-20-2012 12:35 PM

I'd be willing to draft that QB at #8 overall, but not at #3 overall.