ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012-2013 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265263)

Buehler445 12-16-2012 12:40 AM

So, are the draft sites projecting Releford to be drafted? At the beginning of the season I would think not, but he's playing some really good basketball.

Mr. Laz 12-16-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9211853)
So, are the draft sites projecting Releford to be drafted? At the beginning of the season I would think not, but he's playing some really good basketball.

if he keeps playing like he is now he will move up into the 2nd round imo.

He need to handle the ball better and stop missing layups before he will be considered for the 1st round. Imo.

Ceej 12-16-2012 09:31 AM

I don't see Releford getting drafted.

the Talking Can 12-16-2012 09:34 AM

and we aren't getting anything from ellis yet...

i love how self takes a different group every year and has them playing lock down defense and unselfish offense by christmas...you can't pay self enough money

i never thought releford would make it in the nba, but then guys like chris duhon find a way...so maybe

the confidence releford has right now is impressive

CoMoChief 12-16-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9212147)
I don't see Releford getting drafted.

You never know......

I mean, even Sasha Kaun was drafted....so, hell can freeze over at times.

CoMoChief 12-16-2012 09:37 AM

Self is making around $15k/day. LMAO

I dont know what I'd do with that kind of money. I wish I could wake up...sit on the shitter drinking coffee, knowing I'm going to make $15k that day, and the next day, and the next.

CoMoChief 12-16-2012 09:42 AM

I wonder in 10 years, if Self will go down as the most successful coach in Kansas history....that's saying A LOT...but it's possible.

ChiefMojo 12-16-2012 10:11 AM

There is a very strong possibility he will. That is pretty amazing to say with the likes of Phog Allen, Larry Brown and Roy Williams. In reality he is on equal ground in many ways with those guys now.

Chief_For_Life58 12-16-2012 10:22 AM

bill keeps this winning style up for another 10+ years (lol its very possible) and hes got a shot at retiring with most wins in d1 ahead of coach k. itll be close but its possible the way self is winning and his age. hes gets close hes definitely best ku hc ever

Ceej 12-16-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9212158)
You never know......

I mean, even Sasha Kaun was drafted....so, hell can freeze over at times.

Fair enough. But he also has size which the NBA loves.

I just think Travis is an average ball handler, ok at times shooter, and a pretty good defender (which is a pretty moot point in the NBA).

I want the guy to be drafted. In my opinion, I think it is unlikely.

sedated 12-16-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

I dont see him as an NBA player at all. He's done an amazing job of transitioning from undersized forward to wing, but he doesnt have a specific skill that will get him a spot on the bench in the league. He can make open 3s, but isnt a sharpshooter. He can defend, but isnt Bruce Bowen. He is the "old man in the gym" compared to college guys, but that doesnt work at the next level.

I love him as a super glue guy, but he wont sniff the NBA (IMHO). More of a Europe guy.

Bambi 12-17-2012 06:59 AM

Love watching these guys when everybody is cruising. Really surprised just how good Withey has got...even better than last year. Being ranked #9 won't last long.

Saturday should be fun.

Saul Good 12-17-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

I haven't looked at any NBA draft sites, but I could see him being drafted. He's got the length for it. Also, his shot is very smooth. I can't figure out why it isn't more consistent. There's something about his stroke, and I can't put my finger on it, but you can tell if it's going in the instant it leaves his hand.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-17-2012 09:48 AM

2 things about Relefords shooting that won't translate well to the NBA: 1. it's a set shot... he doesn't get lift off the floor. 2. It's very long and takes time to get off.

Buehler445 12-17-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9217646)
I haven't looked at any NBA draft sites, but I could see him being drafted. He's got the length for it. Also, his shot is very smooth. I can't figure out why it isn't more consistent. There's something about his stroke, and I can't put my finger on it, but you can tell if it's going in the instant it leaves his hand.

It's his head. If he's confident, it's money. If he aims it, Doink!