ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Kansas City Royals @ Detroit Tigers Game Thread (4/24) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272420)

teedubya 04-25-2013 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9623384)
Shit, Shields is up next!! He's awesome, but the offense ****s him every time. ****!!!!!!!!!

Well, Shields is ALWAYS going against the other teams best pitchers... so, it's not THAT surprising.

BlackHelicopters 04-25-2013 06:25 AM

This game is best forgotten quickly.

Deberg_1990 04-25-2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9623863)
Well, Shields is ALWAYS going against the other teams best pitchers... so, it's not THAT surprising.

Actually he wasnt originally scheduled to. They skipped Mendoza in the rotation after the rain postponed game.

DeepSouth 04-25-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 9623691)
Moose is letting it effect him mentally now. Omaha is calling.

I posted this in the "Royals" thread, "At this point, I think Moose's head is all messed up. I'd send him down and bring up Seratelli. Seratelli is batting .355 against righties while Tejada is batting .400 against lefties. I'd platoon the two at 3rd until Moose gets his head straight."

Prison Bitch 04-25-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 9623691)
Moose is letting it effect him mentally now. Omaha is calling.

I think it's time to start considering whether he's any good to begin with. He's always had trouble making consistent contact. Scouts always worried he'd be a K-machine (and he has not let them down). We were hoping his power - which is very real - and his glove would combine with his leadership intangibles to make for a pretty solid 3B. Which is a tough position to fill.

But he can't hit the ball. He probably won't ever hit LH. He's not the player people think he is.

mr. tegu 04-25-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9624122)
I think it's time to start considering whether he's any good to begin with. He's always had trouble making consistent contact. Scouts always worried he'd be a K-machine (and he has not let them down). We were hoping his power - which is very real - and his glove would combine with his leadership intangibles to make for a pretty solid 3B. Which is a tough position to fill.

But he can't hit the ball. He probably won't ever hit LH. He's not the player people think he is.

His glove has actually been a surprise. He was always about the power.

GloryDayz 04-25-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9623863)

Yep... I wonder if other team's are adjusting their rotation to match (I don't think we are) or is this all coincidence?

Chiefspants 04-25-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9624122)

Did you just copy/paste the 2008 consensus on Alex Gordon?