ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012-2013 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265263)

CoMoChief 12-22-2012 05:03 AM

can not WAIT for this game.

love when KU has a good opponent. Games aren't fun to watch when they're blowing out smaller schools by 40 pts

Chiefs Pantalones 12-22-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9231335)
can not WAIT for this game.

love when KU has a good opponent. Games aren't fun to watch when they're blowing out smaller schools by 40 pts

OSU is gonna be looking for some revenge. We gotta either handle their first blow, or we do the punching coming out of the gate instead. I'd be so proud of them if they were the ones coming out fast instead. It's gonna be interesting to see how the young guys respond.

excessive 12-22-2012 08:22 AM

Betting line I just looked at has Kansas +5, so I'm thinking about putting some money down.

Unknowns: how team will respond to its first true road game, how the offense will respond to a big time defense, and how young players will respond to the national spotlight.

I think our defense will be there, so look for a close game.

Bambi 12-22-2012 08:52 AM

This is why cbb is so great. You can lose early to a top notch opponent, then get on an increible roll and then all of a sudden you're back with a huge game 3-4 weeks later.

Can't wait for tip. Should be a stellar matchup.

Bambi 12-22-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excessive (Post 9231414)
Betting line I just looked at has Kansas +5, so I'm thinking about putting some money down.

Unknowns: how team will respond to its first true road game, how the offense will respond to a big time defense, and how young players will respond to the national spotlight.

I think our defense will be there, so look for a close game.

I split it with you up to 1000. Pm me if interested

ROYC75 12-22-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9231404)
OSU is gonna be looking for some revenge. We gotta either handle their first blow, or we do the punching coming out of the gate instead. I'd be so proud of them if they were the ones coming out fast instead. It's gonna be interesting to see how the young guys respond.

Must have a good start, get the crowd out of the game early. OSU will feed off the crowd that wants revenge as much as the players do.

KU must force them to play bigger keeping Withey & Young on the floor and not in foul trouble. Travis has to stay out of foul trouble as well when guarding Thomas while our D has to keep Craft from penetrating the paint setting up easy buckets.

Complete team effort today playing D and limiting turnovers is a must for a chance to win.

This will be a close game from start to finish, easily a 4 point or less win for either team.

Braincase 12-22-2012 09:41 AM

Releford's defense has to be epic today, as does Elyjah's.

excessive 12-22-2012 09:51 AM

Okay, line moved to +4, so I put 100 down before it changes again. Go Hawks!

Ceej 12-22-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9231475)

Interesting way to spell Elijah's first name.

Buehler445 12-22-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9231475)

As long as EJ is healthy, I think his D will be OK. I'd just like to see him get in the lane like he has done the last couple.

A big key I think for us is getting transition points. IIRC the last 2 games, they kind of shut that off. If we can get some easy buckets in transition, hopefully it will keep it from becoming a grind it out Big 10 game.

I'd also like to see us give at least token pressure full court. This team will be a lot tougher to be successful against, but I really liked what I saw when they used it early in the year.

Mr. Laz 12-22-2012 10:23 AM

must hit our first few outside shots for confidence early on
Withey must not get into foul trouble
Releford must be the latest,stud version
Mclemore must score

ROYC75 12-22-2012 10:27 AM

We must stop their transition, they will want to run, run, and run.

Mr. Laz 12-22-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 9231563)
We must stop their transition, they will want to run, run, and run.

i'm pretty confident in our defensive abilities

we will slow their offense and play solid defense

the pivotal issues are fouls and scoring imo

fouls can kill any team
offense is our Achilles heel

CoMoChief 12-22-2012 10:54 AM

do they still have Craft?

Buehler445 12-22-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9231598)
do they still have Craft?

Yes. Hopefully he won't get away with every BS charge, hack, and travel.