ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The Official Free Agency Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270906)

Fritz88 03-17-2013 11:00 PM

Okay, I guess we should expect an Albert deal soon if Dorsey really wants to keep Albert and if Albert wants to stay in KC.

Direckshun 03-17-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9510123)
Ok so Albert should get about 9 per year if KC is serious about keeping him

Albert should get less, since Jake Long is legitimately better than him.

HolyHat 03-17-2013 11:06 PM

The market is now set. It all depends on how stubborn Albert decides to be.

Direckshun 03-17-2013 11:10 PM

I have been informed that I have neglected to mention Matt Cassel's release from the Chiefs.

I guess I didn't want to believe it!

Updated.

BossChief 03-17-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9510176)
Albert should get less, since Jake Long is legitimately better than him.

Smokin crack, you are.

BossChief 03-17-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9510183)
The market is now set. It all depends on how stubborn Albert decides to be.

Interesting choice of words.

Direckshun 03-17-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9510197)
Interesting choice of words.

Why?

Albert wants to be paid like a Top 5 tackle.

Jake Long is legitimately a Top 5 tackle.

And is now not being paid like one (his $9m/year figure puts him outside the top 5).

So...

BossChief 03-17-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9510201)
Why?

Albert wants to be paid like a Top 5 tackle.

And is now not being paid like one (his $9m/year figure puts him outside the top 5).

So...

Mr Pink had whole conversations with Albert and said a few days ago that there was some interesting stuff coming around with BA...then, Albert said he wouldn't move off the LT spot and proceeded to shut down his twitter.

I am assuming that the usage of the word "stubborn" wasnt an accident.

BryanBusby 03-17-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9510201)

Sure when he's healthy, which hasn't been the case since 2010.

Mother****erJones 03-18-2013 04:29 AM

Dude no way long is better than Albert. Alberts been better than Long AND Clady the past 2 years

ForeverChiefs58 03-18-2013 05:28 AM

@AdamSchefter: Just before OT Jake Long agreed to a four-year deal worth up to $36 million with Rams, Steelers made a play to try to get him to Pittsburgh.

Mother****erJones 03-18-2013 06:47 AM

Some notes from Peter King on FAs signed by KC:

Grade
5. Kansas City: CB Sean Smith, three years, $18 million. At 6-foot-3, Smith is one of the biggest corners in league history -- and six inches taller than the two Chief starters last year. In a division (and league) with receivers getting taller every season, it looks like a smart deal. "[Defensive coordinator] Bob Sutton's scheme is about 85-percent press man, and we think Sean's the type of physical corner who fits the defense perfectly,'' said GM John Dorsey.
Grade
6. Kansas City: DL Mike DeVito, three years, $12.6 million. One of the best run defenders on the line last season will never be a three-down player, but he wasn't signed to be one. Three other teams wanted DeVito badly.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2NtY9l6rG

3. I think, speaking of free agency, the tackle market sure has some good leftovers: Super Bowl left tackle Bryant McKinnie, Sebastian Vollmer, Eric Winston, Andre Smith (likely to stay in Cincinnati), and, if some team wants to trade for him, Kansas City's Branden Albert. The Chiefs will listen to offers for him.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2NtYOoz00

Dante84 03-18-2013 07:36 AM

Okay, based on the last two pieces of information from this thread (Pitt wanted Long; Chiefs will listen to trade offers), I'm wondering if Haley tries to encourage the Steelers to make a play for BA.

Do they have anything we're interested in?

ChiefMojo 03-18-2013 07:52 AM

Draft picks... that is what we are interested in.

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-18-2013 08:44 AM

Eric Winston - T - Free Agent

A team source tells the Miami Herald the Dolphins plan to replace departed LT Jake Long via free agency.
In addition to its alluring tropical climate, cap space apparently grows on trees in Miami. If free agency is indeed the Dolphins' plan to replace Long, it's a bit puzzling because the left tackle market has been picked clean, and they're in prime position to select a new blindside protector at No. 12 in the draft. It means the Dolphins are comfortable with second-year pro Jonathan Martin at left tackle even though he struggled mightily in Long's absence last season. The Palm Beach Post reported Sunday free agent Eric Winston would be an option if Long left town. Winston would be cheaper than Sebastian Vollmer or Andre Smith.