ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***Official Draft Tyler Wilson Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263693)

BigMeatballDave 01-24-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9347804)
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout

As one former NFL exec told me this morning, the #Chiefs "have to take Joeckel. He's the best player, period. He's safe." No QB worth it.

**** that dumbass.

htismaqe 01-24-2013 01:20 PM

The funny thing is, Joeckel might not even be BTA, let alone BPA.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-24-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9347203)
He isn't better than Geno.

Geno and Wilson are two completely different types of QB's.

IMO, Geno is the smooth and cool QB. Tyler is the gritty gunslinger.

It's a matter of preference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9347257)
This is a REALLY good post here, especially the bolded part.

Do you like pepperoni or canadian bacon? They're both popular toppings and they both make for GREAT pizza.

Absolutely great posts. And to add to the discussion, I think it was a TERRIBLE decision by Geno Smith to not show for this game. When you have EVERYONE screaming that there is no QB worth taking at the top of the draft, you better show up and prove them wrong.

Yeah, people skip this game all the time. They know they're at the top of the draft and everyone else does too. No one is saying that about Geno Smith. Bottom line? Bad move on his part. He's still my choice of the two, but he's leaving room for the other guy to outshine him here when he didn't have too.

BigMeatballDave 01-24-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9347865)
The funny thing is, Joeckel might not even be BTA, let alone BPA.

Because of this, I hope that ****er drops out of the top 20.

ToxSocks 01-24-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9347812)
One FORMER NFL exec...

As if it's any wonder why they aren't STILL an NFL exec...

The former exec is probably Charlie Casserly

Nightfyre 01-24-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9347845)

I can't say this enough: It's not "QB or bust" for Kansas City. It's "best player available." It's not rocket science.

This ****ing guy

four points:
1) If there is anything the draft has taught me, it is that no prospect is "safe."
2) Even if he was safe: Why would we let a top 5-10 tackle go in free agency when we have a bajillion dollars in cap room just so we could draft a prospect who HOPES he could BECOME what Albert is?
3) Even if he was safe, part deux: Are safe moves going to get us to the Super Bowl? No. **** no. Take a chance on the best QB available.
4) These media shills are underselling Geno Smith.

Frosty 01-24-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9347889)
The former exec is probably Charlie Casserly

Probably. He's been banging the "LT to KC" drum for a while now.

I've wondered if Pioli is at the Senior Bowl practices? It's normally a cattle call for unemployed coaches and execs.

Titty Meat 01-24-2013 01:31 PM

Theyve been banging that drum for 4 years now

Nirvana58 01-24-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9347804)

As one former NFL exec told me this morning, the #Chiefs "have to take Joeckel. He's the best player, period. He's safe." No QB worth it.

Hmm.... Former NFL executive. So now we know what ol Scott Pioli is up too

htismaqe 01-24-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9347901)
four points:
1) If there is anything the draft has taught me, it is that no prospect is "safe."
2) Even if he was safe: Why would we let a top 5-10 tackle go in free agency when we have a bajillion dollars in cap room just so we could draft a prospect who HOPES he could BECOME what Albert is?
3) Even if he was safe, part deux: Are safe moves going to get us to the Super Bowl? No. **** no. Take a chance on the best QB available.
4) These media shills are underselling Geno Smith.

Matt Williamson from ESPN was on the radio this morning.

Said if he were the Chiefs, he'd NEVER take Joeckel. Doesn't improve the team enough, if at all. (Also said Fisher might be every bit as good as Joeckel BTW)

Thinks the best scenario for the Chiefs is if Geno solidifies himself as the overall #1. Didn't seem to think Geno not playing at the Senior Bowl was a big deal at all. Bigger deal for guys looking to dramatically improve their stock (ie. Fisher).

Seemed pretty concerned about Tyler Wilson's hand size. Said he's a big fan of guys that can extend plays, like Big Ben. Said part of that is feet but part of it is also the pump fake. Concerned that Wilson will have issues with it.

suds79 01-24-2013 01:40 PM

Refresh my memory. Didn't the Panthers go through this with Cam?

I seem to remember projections of him going around 10 or so for the longest of time. Then all of a sudden about a week before the draft, you start hearing he's going to go #1.

At least that's how I remember it. I could be wrong.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-24-2013 01:41 PM

Evan Silva‏@evansilva

Mayock says #Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson generated "buzz" at Senior Bowl, helping his stock after "difficult" 2012 season:

Mr_Tomahawk 01-24-2013 01:43 PM

Dun dun dunnnnn....

Shawn Zobel‏@ShawnZobel_DHQ

Putting together my new player rankings for 2013. I also may be having a major change of heart as to who should go No. 1 OVR to the Chiefs

Who could it be>?

htismaqe 01-24-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9347938)
Dun dun dunnnnn....

Shawn Zobel‏@ShawnZobel_DHQ

Putting together my new player rankings for 2013. I also may be having a major change of heart as to who should go No. 1 OVR to the Chiefs

Who could it be>?

:drool:

Mr. Arrowhead 01-24-2013 01:58 PM

and its starting