ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

ChiefsCountry 12-01-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9168350)
Why did he then go to the complex?

Safest place for him to go in Kansas City.

Ming the Merciless 12-01-2012 03:39 PM

Maybe just to say goodbye

Chiefs Pantalones 12-01-2012 03:41 PM

I hope people know that the innocent girl, her family and 2 month old baby are the REAL victims. As for Javon Belcher, the man committed a murder and killed himself and there should be no tribute, only prayer. Prayers for all. Far too often the person committing the crime gets more attention than the victim, sadly. There are no excuses for his actions. Period. The only positive you can get out of this is if anyone knows anyone with anger issues or has had a past, reach out and help. You may be able to prevent something like this. Right now, the family of the girl needs support more than ever before. I think we should raise some cash for them.

alnorth 12-01-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9168350)
I guess, just thinking out loud.

Why did he kill his GF?

Why did he then go to the complex?

The mother of the girl he shot was home, so he couldn't stay there. He probably hadn't yet crossed the bridge from killing her to deciding to kill himself yet. He had to go somewhere. Why not the complex?

mcaj22 12-01-2012 03:45 PM

what concerts were in the area last night that she could have been at that got him so fired up?

ChiefsCountry 12-01-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9168386)
what concerts were in the area last night that she could have been at that got him so fired up?

Trey Songz

GloryDayz 12-01-2012 03:46 PM

On a positive note, I'm happy to report the folks on the Orange Mane are acting with a lot of class. Handing out week-long bans for some. Like!

Hootie 12-01-2012 03:47 PM

well according to the KC Star it was Javon's mother, not the girl's mother. She was visiting.

I think everyone is confused about this, myself included.

ChiefsCountry 12-01-2012 03:48 PM

Damn read the concert review
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/01...e-midland.html

The Franchise 12-01-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9168367)
Maybe just to say goodbye

This. I'm sure once reality set in about what he had done.....he knew that he wasnt going to stay alive. He was going to jail and his career was over. He probably went to say goodbye to the people he knew best.

Titty Meat 12-01-2012 03:49 PM

Bart Hubbuch ‏@HubbuchNYP
KCMO PD: Belcher was talking to Crennel & Pioli when he saw two officers walk up. He turned and walked 30 feet, then shot himself.

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 03:51 PM

Kudos to Crennel and Pioli if they literally walked out and confronted a guy with a gun.

They didn't have to do that.

You wonder if they prevented more loss.

Hootie 12-01-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9168413)

No, I don't wonder at all.

If Belcher wanted to shoot anyone else, he would have.

He CLEARLY, CLEARLY, CLEARLY didn't go there to shoot anybody else.

Ghost of Maslowski 12-01-2012 03:53 PM

"Snapp said Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli, head coach Romeo Crennel and an unidentified person went out to talk to Belcher. Snapp said Belcher thanked Pioli and Crennel for the opportunity to play for the Chiefs' organization, then walked 30 or 40 feet away and fired one shot to his head as the three men looked on."

Cops: Jovan Belcher, Kansas City Chiefs player from Long Island, kills girlfriend, self

sounds to me like Belcher had already made up his mind to kill himself before he even got to Arrowhead. he certainly could not have expected to talk with Romeo and Pioli once he got there. i have to wonder if they would have even tried to talk with him if they knew at the time that Belcher had just killed his girlfriend. regardless, Belcher was suicidal and if had a problem with either Romeo or Pioli, or anyone else at Arrowhead, he could have made some attempt to settle those scores right before he killed himself, so that likely had nothing at all to do with it. i think Belcher must have realized while talking to them, that all of this was going to come down on the Chiefs, and that probably helped push him even farther over the edge than he already was.

i feel very sorry for JB and his family, both actual relations and amongst the Chiefs. i can't imagine where his mind was at during all this, but i think it's safe to say that for whatever reason, he had lost it.

Brock 12-01-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9168413)
Kudos to Crennel and Pioli if they literally walked out and confronted a guy with a gun.

They didn't have to do that.

It's a pretty ballsy thing to do.