ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

ChiefsFanatic 08-27-2013 03:57 AM

I just watched The Writer's Room on the Sundance channel with Benioff and Weiss. I have seen all episodes so far, and its really interesting. The Writer's Room

George R.R. Martin quizzed them on who they thought was Jon Snow's real mother. If they had not answered correctly, they believe that Martin would not have let them do the show.

They also said that Martin had been approached by a couple of studios who wanted to turn the books into a movie franchise because the Lord of the Rings had been so successful. Martin turned them down because he did not believe that his books could be adapted into a 2-3 hour movie.

The show costs a little over $6 million per episode, making it the most expensive show on television. The pilot was so bad that it was reshot after HBO picked up the series. In the original pilot, George R.R. Martin had a cameo, but when it was reshot, it was removed.

The roles of Catelyn Stark and Daenerys Targaryen were recast after the pilot. The original actors were Jennifer Ehle and Tamzin Merchant respectively. There were also some minor parts recast as well.

Great Expectations 08-27-2013 10:26 AM

What did they answer in regards to Snow's mom?

AndChiefs 08-27-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 9918640)

Cersei.

tomahawk kid 08-27-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 9918248)
I just watched The Writer's Room on the Sundance channel with Benioff and Weiss. I have seen all episodes so far, and its really interesting. The Writer's Room

George R.R. Martin quizzed them on who they thought was Jon Snow's real mother. If they had not answered correctly, they believe that Martin would not have let them do the show.

They also said that Martin had been approached by a couple of studios who wanted to turn the books into a movie franchise because the Lord of the Rings had been so successful. Martin turned them down because he did not believe that his books could be adapted into a 2-3 hour movie.

The show costs a little over $6 million per episode, making it the most expensive show on television. The pilot was so bad that it was reshot after HBO picked up the series. In the original pilot, George R.R. Martin had a cameo, but when it was reshot, it was removed.

The roles of Catelyn Stark and Daenerys Targaryen were recast after the pilot. The original actors were Jennifer Ehle and Tamzin Merchant respectively. There were also some minor parts recast as well.

I believe I read / saw another interview where they revealed that Martin has told them "how it all ends" aka who ends up on the Iron Throne.

tomahawk kid 08-27-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

I'm guessing Lyanna.

vailpass 08-27-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 9918728)
I believe I read / saw another interview where they revealed that Martin has told them "how it all ends" aka who ends up on the Iron Throne.

Less talky, more writey GRRM.

ChiefsFanatic 08-27-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

His mother has not been revealed yet. They told him what they expected, and he confirmed. They did not say what their actual answer was. The most common belief is Jon Snow is Rhaegar and Lyanna's son.

vailpass 08-27-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 9919226)
His mother has not been revealed yet. They told him what they expected, and he confirmed. They did not say what their actual answer was. The most common belief is Jon Snow is Rhaegar and Lyanna's son.

Oh yeah, he'll be riding a dragon.

The Franchise 08-27-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9919232)
Oh yeah, he'll be riding a dragon.

Snow assisting Dany to take Kings Landing?

vailpass 08-27-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9919247)
Snow assisting Dany to take Kings Landing?

Just my thought....but yeah. He's got Dragon in his blood.

Amnorix 08-27-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9919255)
Just my thought....but yeah. He's got Dragon in his blood.

Agreed.

vailpass 08-27-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9919261)
Agreed.

He'll probably get the white one.

allen_kcCard 08-27-2013 02:35 PM

I say that Jon will be riding one dragon in the sky, and another one in the bedroom.

vailpass 08-27-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 9919265)
I say that Jon will be riding one dragon in the sky, and another one in the bedroom.

I can see him pounding Danny, would make sense with the family tradition.

The Franchise 08-27-2013 02:39 PM

Any chance that he can warg into a dragon?