ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Elder Scrolls V (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=209317)

Sofa King 12-02-2011 10:43 AM

Do you guys use your shouts alot? I barely ever use mine.

allen_kcCard 12-02-2011 10:52 AM

I am trying like hell to get my enchanting up. Got smithing to 100 and crafted a set of dragonplate for my follower, and deadric for me, but don't want to enchant them until I can put the best double I can on them. Finally found a weapon with soul stealing to disenchant, so I crafted a deadric bow with it to start filling the hell out of petty shards, and I recharge the bow every time I kill a humanoid that gets me a black soul in the star.

Up to 67 enchanting or so...finish that up and then I'll put the fortify destruction on what I can along with.....hmm, not sure what I'll put with them yet, and then I'll be full on chain lightning like a mofo on every red dot I see again.

Pants 12-02-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8161073)

I feel really overpowered as it is so I rarely use them. I like the one that shows you all living things around you It's very useful for finding your horse if it wanders off or if you forgot where you left him.

I also use the sprint one to move around when I'm encumbered. Windfury one is just ****ing ridiculous when you're swinging two Epic Ebony War Axes named The Black Harvest (traps souls) and The Black Death (siphons life). I could probably drop a dragon within 3 seconds with that shout. :)

Swanman 12-02-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8160953)
Yeah, as soon as they land, I can usually kill them within 10 seconds without even getting hurt much. They're pretty much dead by the time my stamina bar is drained. Dragons are a joke. I heard someone say that the quest ones are much tougher, though, we'll see.

With my build, everything is now a joke save the full blown elemental mages I see from time to time. I can run up to a giant and kill him with like 4 power swings of my axes. Same thing with a mammoth. It's just not that much of a challenge to kill anything at this point. I've only killed 2 dragon priests so far so maybe some other ones will be tougher.

I am level 21, so not too far in yet but I have only encountered the first main quest dragon. Are you guys just running around the wilderness and running into them?

Pants 12-02-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 8161126)
I am level 21, so not too far in yet but I have only encountered the first main quest dragon. Are you guys just running around the wilderness and running into them?

Yeah, when you're running around, 2 things can happen: a dragon attacks you randomly or you find a dragon lair (shows up as a dragon skull on your compass and you have to "discover" it like anything else). A dragon layer will always have a new power word, a chest filled with some goodies and some have dragon priests who spawn after you kill the dragon. The dragon priests carry some really, really nice head pieces and are pretty tough.

Bump 12-02-2011 11:05 AM

Too bad this game couldn't just borrow red dead's horse code. I find that horses slow me down, if anything.

Frazod 12-02-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8161073)

I basically only use the force shout - it's a great way to clear some space if you're getting dogpiled. Just make sure Lydia not in the blast radius. I think I need to continue with the main quest a bit further to pick up some additional shout combinations.

Mr Luzcious 12-02-2011 11:23 AM

Huh, I didn't realize Elder Dragons were supposed to be any different. Had one attack me at the mage college but I killed it in one power attack.

Swanman 12-02-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8161153)
Yeah, when you're running around, 2 things can happen: a dragon attacks you randomly or you find a dragon lair (shows up as a dragon skull on your compass and you have to "discover" it like anything else). A dragon layer will always have a new power word, a chest filled with some goodies and some have dragon priests who spawn after you kill the dragon. The dragon priests carry some really, really nice head pieces and are pretty tough.

I think I will spend the next several hours exploring the wilderness then, finding mines, lairs and such. I haven't done much main quest stuff but have been pretty focused on misc and guild quests instead of just 100% exploration.

WhiteWhale 12-02-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Luzcious (Post 8161224)
Huh, I didn't realize Elder Dragons were supposed to be any different. Had one attack me at the mage college but I killed it in one power attack.

Really?

What game breaking mod did you use to gain the ability to do 2255 HP worth of damage in one power attack?

Mr Luzcious 12-02-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8161242)
Really?

What game breaking mod did you use to gain the ability to do 2255 HP worth of damage in one power attack?

Uh, mark of death :p The only dragon shout I've found useful so far.

And I dual wield, so its a couple swings but I still consider it one attack since you only click once.

WhiteWhale 12-02-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Luzcious (Post 8161250)
Uh, mark of death :p The only dragon shout I've found useful so far.

And I dual wield, so its a couple swings but I still consider it one attack since you only click once.

There are so many ways to break these games.

I mean yeah... my 'normal' attack does up near 600 points of damage. (high one arm, legendary daedric sword, lots of fortify 1 handed attacks)

I might be able to do that shit if I was just duel wielding myself. LMAO

Mr Luzcious 12-02-2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8161284)
There are so many ways to break these games.

I mean yeah... my 'normal' attack does up near 600 points of damage. (high one arm, legendary daedric sword, lots of fortify 1 handed attacks)

I might be able to do that shit if I was just duel wielding myself. LMAO

Yeah, I did that with two daedric war axes, but that made the game too easy so I'm back to using bound sword.

Pants 12-02-2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 8161235)
I think I will spend the next several hours exploring the wilderness then, finding mines, lairs and such. I haven't done much main quest stuff but have been pretty focused on misc and guild quests instead of just 100% exploration.

I just "discover" the locations without clearing a lot of them out of fear of breaking a future questline. I do hunt the dragons down in their lairs, though.

Mr. Laz 12-02-2011 01:20 PM

i've found a lot of locations ...

Spoiler!