ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***Offical 2012 STL Cardinals World Champions Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619)

Simply Red 10-01-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8968935)
I just bought my tickets to the game. The wife, son and me are driving up for the game. Got some tickets 11 rows off the field. Are you going to the game?

I'm checking on ebay. yeah. I doubt it materializes.

Frazod 10-01-2012 11:07 PM

****. Giants came back to tie the game, but the Dodgers won it in the bottom of the 9th.

BigRedChief 10-02-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 8969094)
I'm checking on ebay. yeah. I doubt it materializes.

Got mine on Stubhub. Come on you have to go......It'll be Chipper's last game.

whoman69 10-02-2012 07:42 PM

It would be fitting if Carp threw the clincher.

Frazod 10-02-2012 07:59 PM

Reds up 3-1 in the bottom of the 6th. :shake:

Frazod 10-02-2012 10:37 PM

Cards lose, Dodgers down 4-3 in the 7th. Useless **** Mota just gave up a two run homer. :grr:

Frazod 10-02-2012 11:40 PM

DODGERS LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CARDS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS

oldandslow 10-03-2012 05:09 AM

Here we go again...12 in 12!!!!

My sports life would absolutely suck w/o the Cardinals...Thank you St. Louis.

Frazod 10-03-2012 09:06 AM

And it should be noted that

Cardinals without Pujols - in the playoffs

Pujols without Cardinals - not in the playoffs

Suck it Albert 4321

DJ's left nut 10-03-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8972842)
And it should be noted that

Cardinals without Pujols - in the playoffs

Pujols without Cardinals - not in the playoffs

Suck it Albert 4321

That was all I really wanted this year.

Even if it was only 1 more game, I desperately wanted the Cardinals to be playing baseball after the Angels in what is almost certainly going to be the best 'value' year that Moreno ever gets out of that Pujols contract.

Here's hoping that the Pujols deal makes for a very difficult contract situation in 5 years when Trout's looking at FA. Maybe, just maybe, the Cardinals can return the favor (afterall, would you hesitate to offer Trout the same 10-year deal that Pujols just signed? I don't think I would).

Swanman 10-03-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8972847)

Even if it was only 1 more game, I desperately wanted the Cardinals to be playing baseball after the Angels in what is almost certainly going to be the best 'value' year that Moreno ever gets out of that Pujols contract.

Here's hoping that the Pujols deal makes for a very difficult contract situation in 5 years when Trout's looking at FA. Maybe, just maybe, the Cardinals can return the favor (afterall, would you hesitate to offer Trout the same 10-year deal that Pujols just signed? I don't think I would).

It would also be sweet poetic justice if somehow Yadi won the MVP since he got a portion of the Albert money starting next year. Also, many people questioned that contract but given how he performed this year, it could end up being a nice bargain.

Frazod 10-03-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8972847)

I think the Pujols deal will go down as one of the worst in baseball history. The fact that Trout (deservedly) gets all the attention while Pujols is basically invisible on a national level is great. No All Star Game, no playoffs. He did get his money, but at least it wasn't Cardinals money.

WE'LL NEVER FORGET YOU ALFRED!

Swanman 10-03-2012 09:21 AM

The game time hasn't been set yet, but it will either be 4 pm central or 7:30 pm central. I hope it's the night game but I think they will want the AL matchup in primetime.

Frazod 10-03-2012 09:33 AM

Will not be a happy night at Casa Frazod. The wife is a huge Braves/Chipper fan. Probably safer to watch on different TVs on different floors. And if the Cards win I don't think I'll be getting any for a while.

Swanman 10-03-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8972901)
Will not be a happy night at Casa Frazod. The wife is a huge Braves/Chipper fan. Probably safer to watch on different TVs on different floors. And if the Cards win I don't think I'll be getting any for a while.

I will hopefully be watching in the theater in 120" HD glory.