ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9168415)
No, I don't wonder at all.

If Belcher wanted to shoot anyone else, he would have.

He CLEARLY, CLEARLY, CLEARLY didn't go there to shoot anybody else.

We don't know that.

DomCasual 12-01-2012 03:55 PM

Condolences to the Chiefs community.

Having been through something similar to this a few times (Darrent Williams; Damien Nash; and to a lesser extent, Kenny McKinley), I know how connected you get with a team. And even though you probably don't know the players personally, you still mourn.

Best wishes to you all. I especially can't stop thinking about that poor, sweet baby. I hope there is a good support system in place, so that she can be raised by a loving family. Life is hard enough, without having to start it under such tragic circumstances.

Mother****erJones 12-01-2012 03:55 PM

Man I just want to win tomorrow and end the season

Iconic 12-01-2012 03:55 PM

Very cowardly of all of you to judge an absent and defenseless Belcher. Like me, none of you know the actual story, so please shut the **** up.

Hootie 12-01-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9168429)
We don't know that.

Yeah, we do.

He had the gun, they didn't.

HE THANKED THEM, it's clear he just wanted to say goodbye...he knew he was dead.

NJChiefsFan 12-01-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 9168436)
Very cowardly of all of you to judge an absent and defenseless Belcher. Like me, none of you know the actual story, so please shut the **** up.

On the mental state and suicidal state I would agree. The killing of another really doesn't have a justification. Especially not when it doesn't put your own life in danger.

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9168437)
Yeah, we do.

He had the gun, they didn't.

HE THANKED THEM, it's clear he just wanted to say goodbye...he knew he was dead.

I didn't imply he wanted to shoot one of them. I implied he wanted to exact revenge on another player.

alnorth 12-01-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

If this is some clever joke or reference to something else, I'm afraid you are being too meta.

Because it looks like you are seriously telling us that we are rushing to judgment on Belcher.

Hootie 12-01-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9168445)
I didn't imply he wanted to shoot one of them. I implied he wanted to exact revenge on another player.

and your implication is ridiculous

I'm pretty sure he went to Arrowhead so he could run one more lap...have one more workout...pick up one more candy wrapper.

DJ's left nut 12-01-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9168447)
If this is some clever joke or reference to something else, I'm afraid you are being too meta.

Because it looks like you are seriously telling us that we are rushing to judgment on Belcher.

I feel like someone didn't read the first half of the article.

Y'know, the half where he shoots his girlfriend multiple times in front of his own mother.

The rest of the facts are, to be completely honest, pretty damn immaterial.

The_Doctor10 12-01-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9167831)
Your a douche man. You don't know what really happened. Your basing it off of just that he killed her and himself. It's a sad ordeal and he was troubled. I disagree with you and will leave it at that

Your actions are what define you. He killed his girlfriend and orphaned a baby. At what point are we allowed to call individuals piece of sh)t c*nts if not now? What else has to happen?

My god, people will excuse anything.

Chiefs Pantalones 12-01-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Very cowardly of Belcher to kill his girlfriend and then shoot himself. No excuse for his actions. None.

DomCasual 12-01-2012 04:00 PM

Condolences to the Chiefs community.

Having been through something similar to this a few times (Darrent Williams; Damien Nash; and to a lesser extent, Kenny McKinley), I know how connected you get with a team. And even though you probably don't know the players personally, you still mourn.

Best wishes to you all. I especially can't stop thinking about that poor, sweet baby. I hope there is a good support system in place, so that she can be raised by a loving family. Life is hard enough, without having to start it under such tragic circumstances.

(Posted in the other thread, too - sorry if you saw if twice.)

luv 12-01-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9168415)
No, I don't wonder at all.

If Belcher wanted to shoot anyone else, he would have.

He CLEARLY, CLEARLY, CLEARLY didn't go there to shoot anybody else.

I think maybe he went there for help (maybe to get him out of trouble), because he didn't know where else to go, then freaked out when the cops showed up. I know that's probably far fetched, but there have been some pretty "out there" speculations made today.

NJChiefsFan 12-01-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9168329)
I doubt we ever will know everything about Belcher or this case. Issues in his past are only now coming to light publicly.

Again, he was clearly wired wrong. But with that said, my 47 years of living on this planet leads me to believe this was a crime of passion and nothing more.

And I don't really have an issue with that. Honestly that would be my gut on the FEW "facts" I have. I don't rule out mental issues on top of that. I say this fully admitting this would be my theory if it was demanded of me. I don't know for sure. You are saying you don't know for sure either, and thus I have no problem with the opinion.